The big move last weekend went as well as could be expected. After Chad worked late into the night Friday night, we woke up early Saturday and readied for the movers to arrive. The moving company was amazing and fit so much more in their truck than we ever expected. Besides what fit in their truck Chad made 3 runs with friends cars and trucks filled with items and we managed to get it all to the new house. On Saturday we managed to get all the beds made so we all had a place to sleep, but that was about it. Sunday was spent unpacking and setting up the kitchen and the boys' bedrooms (thank you Kate!) while Chad set up the home computer and the living room TV. By each night I was sore and tired. I took Monday off of work to continue unpacking and was able to unpack the master bedroom and as much as I could of the dining/living room. The garage is a complete disaster, and we'll tackle that soon enough, but this weekend will hopefully be spent hanging things on the walls and getting all boxes out of the house.
Even with a house full of boxes, Riley is in full on Halloween mode. He'd been scoping out a gingerbread Haunted House at the store and so on Sunday I finally bought it for him. Of course he could barely wait to open it, but I was able to hold him off until Monday as a prize for doing good at the dentist, where he got sealants put on his 6 year molars. When we finally opened the gingerbread house box he asked that we make it look EXACTLY like the one in the photo. Well, I'm no cake decorator, nor did I even have the right tips to begin to make icing spiderwebs on the roof panels like the box had, but we did our best. Carter said it looked "awesome" and I think Riley approved as well.

On Monday night we decided that we better figure out how to work the sprinklers at the new house. We don't have an automatic sprinkler system any longer, but there was a sort of automatic thing set up on the sprinklers that Chad was able to figure out. I posted this photo on FB and a friend in the neighborhood reminded be that I could be cited for watering on a Monday and I laughed that I now live in a neighborhood where people know what day you can't water! What a change! Thankfully, we were just testing the system and didn't get cited. The boys had a blast playing in the water. Riley was a water monster and Carter was a dog.
It's been hard some nights for me to get used to the new sounds at the new house. Dogs barking and trains going by. Chad & I had "date night" on the porch on Tuesday night and some trains went by post 9pm and I could not stop laughing they were so LOUD! The first night in the house we heard a cat meowing so loudly outside, and Chad jumped out of bed thinking one of the boys was crying and came back to bed saying "that's a cat!" I have slept really well some nights and not so well some nights, but overall, I'm happy to be in the new home. The dogs got super spoiled at my parents by getting to stay inside each day. They were inside a lot with us last weekend and on Tuesday I was about to leave them inside before Chad said to leave them out because it was nice out. Chad leaves before us most mornings, but I then listened to the dogs cry at the backdoor until I took the boys to school. Today Chad finally heard them crying at the backdoor since we all left at the same time and felt sorry for them and let them stay inside. Chad has also been working a lot with the dogs by bringing them out on the front porch. Our block is full of people with really well-behaved dogs who get to come out in their front yards. Chad said last night when Niki was out with him that she got out of her collar and leash, but stayed on the porch. She's learning fast!
Riley has spelling tests at school now and below is his first ever spelling test!
I've also been working on coming up with some new Halloween crafts for the porch and the boys and I hope to make a big spider this weekend. Yesterday I made some ghost lanterns out of old gallon jugs that turned out pretty good! I've got to get them plugged in, but even without lights they look pretty awesome! We're gonna have a fun Halloween porch this year!



No comments:
Post a Comment