Yet again I am behind....Life is just too busy right now!
Riley had college shirt day at Lily B the second Friday of school and he decided to wear a new TCU shirt that Aunt Kate got him.
On the 14th of September we had dueling birthday parties to attend. Riley was at Natalie's science party.
And Carter was at Zander's superhero party, where he got to put corn out for the deer in their back land.
While Riley did experiments,
Carter refused to smile for a party photo or wear his cape.
The boys have been a great help around the house this last month. And Riley's manners have gotten so polite. Not sure if it's luck, his age or thanks to his new 1st grade teacher, but I'm impressed!
They love to help us water the new landscaping at the old house.
On the 18th Chad & I had a rare date night and went to Dallas to see the Mumford & Sons concert at Gexa pavilion. It was the most crowded I have EVER seen Gexa. We had a lot of trouble finding parking and parked a ways away, but in the end it was worth it. The concert was amazing!!!
The 19th was North Texas Day of Giving where if you donate to a non-profit in North Texas on that day a part of your donation is matched. Since the boys had spent the night before at Grandmommy & Haha's, Grandmommy taught Riley about philanthropy!
I am very impressed with how hard Riley is working in school. His reading is improving and he is doing a great job on his homework. We even got to have our first 6 weeks conference with his teacher where we got to see how he is doing and what he can improve on. He is doing great overall, just sometimes needs to slow down and ask questions if he doesn't understand. She showed us his first math assessment where he got a 75, but then she showed us his 2nd one and he got a 100! Way to go Riley!!
On the 21st we woke up early and went to the Crystelle Waggoner Trailhead on the Trinity Trails to help pick up trash on the riverbank for the Trinity Trash Bash. The boys did a great job picking up trash and walked up and down the steep riverbanks. I enjoyed getting to teach them about volunteering.
On the 22nd the boys and I hung out in the backyard while Chad did showings of the house. We really enjoyed being in the hammock together!
And later that day I even caught a peek of the boys snuggling in the hammock together while I looked through the window.
So of course I had to go out and get a better photo of those two cuties!
Riley had his first school field trip on the 23rd to the FW Zoo! I'm thankful for my other mom friends who send me photos of these things I am unable to attend.
Some of the best news of the month was that on the 24th we had our old house under contract to sell. If all goes well we will close on October 28th. So happy about. As I sit writing this, there is an appraiser here appraising the home.
On the 25th we closed on our new house and while I was a huge ball of stress that day I am so happy that the house is officially ours! Can't wait to get settled in and start sleeping there!
Also on the 25th the boys had a dentist check up. Riley went first and did great, He told me later that he didn't know what he was so worried about as it was as bad as he expected. They usually take Carter to a back room where we sit by ourselves and wait a LONG time for the dentist. I thought at almost 4 years old he was ready for a regular cleaning like Riley, so I asked them if they would do that and they said they would give it a try, and Carter did AMAZING! I knew he was ready!
Last weekend we worked hard at the new house. Papa helped us put up a new back fence as the old one was about to rot away. We also did some work inside in the master closet (adding a rail) and added some frost to the bathroom windows for privacy. While we were enjoying lunch on the porch on Saturday, our new neighbor across the street, Tanya, brought over some wine, beer and a snack tray. So nice of her. We saved it for later that afternoon, but ate almost all of it then.
The next day we also met some other across the street neighbors, Brad and Marissa, who brought over warm chocolate chip cookies that we promptly devoured. I am amazed at the kindness and just all around neighborly feel of our new neighborhood. The sellers left the boys some toys in the garage and they had a blast playing with this mini golf set all weekend.
On Sunday we tried out Paul's Donuts, a donut store near the new house that Chad remembers his mom getting him donuts from when he was growing up. YUM.
Riley's serious donut face:
On Sunday I ran some errands and while driving on 121 I saw a rocket car. Strange! So I had to share!
The non-stop work at the new house wore Carter out and by Sunday night while we were eating dinner at Pappas Burger, he was sleeping sitting up in his chair. Poor guy!
Yesterday Papa had surgery on his knee to fix his torn meniscus. Thankfully Niki and Princess were at his house to help take care of him. Sweet doggies! And Papa is doing great!
We also made a choice last week to have all the hardwood floors in the new house refinished before we moved in. So we were unable to go in the house from Monday until today. We were super excited to get inside this morning in our socks and check out the new floors. They looked amazing!
We enjoyed our first breakfast on the porch this morning and I am so ready for the big moving day tomorrow. Very excited to get into the house and start unpacking!

































No comments:
Post a Comment