Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Tooth Fairy's First Visit.....but not for the snaggle tooth

A couple of weeks ago Chad had to run sound at a KWC show so the boys and I went too.  Riley and Carter had a blast running the sound board with Chad!


  
Thanksgiving is in full force at our house right now.  Riley really wanted to buy a blow-up turkey for the yard, but thankfully making some paper turkeys seemed to appease him.  I have a feeling our Christmas tree might make an appearance this weekend, but we'll have to see!  Riley asked me this weekend why we only have turkey on Thanksgiving.   I told him it was tradition, but what he meant was that he likes turkey and wants to have it other days of the year as well!

  
We also recently went to look at a house that Kate & Jason have now made an offer on and I took a photo of Liz & Zach on the steps of the house.  We are still waiting patiently (well, maybe not so patiently) to hear if Kate & Jason will get the house.  All fingers and toes are crossed and I sincerely hope they get the final answer today.  The house is 4 blocks from our new house and I would LOVE to have them so close to us.


Last Wednesday my mom & I went to see Josh Groban in concert for the 4th time together.  This has become our tradition and we really enjoy this time together.  The first concert of his that we attended together, my parents were living in Conroe and we drove to New Orleans.  The 2nd concert was in Dallas and I was pregnant with Riley and the last concert was a couple of years ago and we went to Houston.  This year we were back in Dallas and as usual, we had great seats.  He sang our favorite songs and had an amazing violinist playing for him that really rocked the house with a solo mid-show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtr9SxNtjsY



  
Riley's teacher stopped me last Monday to talk to me about how we were studying  for Riley's spelling tests.  I told her everything we were doing and she told me he hadn't done so well on a couple of tests.  The next day she sent the tests home and he had gotten a 50 and a 40. Ouch.

  
He and Chad worked really hard on his spelling test for last week and on Friday he brought home hundreds on many papers.



And his teacher proudly sent me a text photo of Riley hold his 100 graded spelling test!  Great job Riley (and Chad!)


Chad & I are also toying with the idea of having a garage apartment built in our backyard.  On Thursday evening our friend Philip, who also happens to be an architect, came over to talk through our plan and will now be drawing up a design for us.  We hope to have the apartment built by the end of the summer, if everything goes according to plan.  While we were meeting with Philip, Riley drew us some pictures.  The first is the apartment, with gargoyles on top, a haunted house at the top, a Target store in the middle and lots of windows in the apartment.


Next he came in with instructions:  "Riley has to paint too." and "as many grownups do build"  Meaning, the grownups should do the building, but they should let the kids help paint.


Carter also sent home some artwork and I love this class because after he does the art the teachers ask him what he drew and write it on the paper.  This is a volcano and a mountain and at the bottom it says "Egg under the mountain.  Tiny snake in it."

  
We worked this weekend on Riley's loose teeth.  While he has a serious snaggle tooth happening on his top tooth, it was actually a bottom middle tooth that was the loosest.  Chad tried and I tried, but to no avail.



 On Sunday, after lunch at Grandmommy's, we were out on the porch and Aunt Kate suggested getting a tissue to help grab the tooth.  Riley tried with that.  Still not out.


But then Aunt Kate gave it a try.

  
And it came out!!!


We were all cheering and clapping and Riley was in total shock!  There was a little blood and he was a bit freaked out, but eventually got excited.



The tooth fairy made an appearance Sunday night and she brought Riley a silver dollar, just like I used to get along with a $5 bill.  Riley has enjoyed telling his friends that his mom got a silver dollar, and his dad only got a quarter, but he got a silver dollar and $5.

That snaggle tooth is still hanging in so hopefully that sucker will be next......

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment