Last Saturday, Chad & I dropped by our friend Sandy's house to help her with some small things and to get Mike's old grill, which she was giving to us (THANK YOU!). While there the boys had fun playing on her old school playset and then we even got to Sykpe with Mike & Christina in Saudi Arabia. Good way to start the weekend.

Saturday night, Chad & I went to a Halloween/Housewarming party at our friend's Justin & Angel's newly remodeled house. The theme was retro and I was originally going to go as a hippie, but then my patchwork bellbottoms were not fitting. Granted I last wore them in college when I weighed 15 lbs less than I do now, so oh well. On to Plan B, which was an old Red Cross Volunteer uniform of Grammy's. Even did my hair 40s style. Awesome!
Chad was a gangster of some sort. He bought an old radio station shirt at the thrift store and wore his old Doc Martens. On the way to the party Chad stopped off and Quikway to grab a Dr. Pepper and quickly removed his hat before entering. Didn't want the store people to think he was really a thug!
While we were at the party, the boys had a sleepover at Nana & Papa's where they made a giant spiderweb out of streamers on the ceiling. Super cool!
And Carter played shy for the camera.
Sunday was Grandmommy's 60th birthday so we all got together at Blake & Rebecca's for dinner and time together. It was a great night!
Which ended with cousin bathtime before heading home.
Riley got his school pictures back this week and they are amazing. He is center on the front row and his face is priceless!!
He took a good individual photo also.
Riley's front left tooth on top is super loose and I think the Tooth Fairy will be visiting our house before too long! The tooth just gets more and more crookedy loose every day!
Wednesday night was sleepover night at Grandmommy & Haha's where they found an old bag of toys in the attic that Riley remembered and fondly played with as if he were an old man reuniting with the toys of his childhood.
Chad surprised me with massage appointments on Wednesday night to celebrate the fact that on Monday we officially closed on the sale of our Crestview home. Bittersweet, but also super relieved that we don't have to pay 2 mortgages!
Yesterday was Halloween. I went with Riley to Lily B for the Storybook Parade. This year he was Batman.
What adorable 1st graders!
While we were at Lily B, Carter, Grandmommy & Chad were at TLCC for their costume parade. I tried to get Carter to be Buzz Lightyear, which was what Riley was when he was 4, but Carter would have none of it. He wanted to be what Riley was last year, a skeleton, so he was And he was pretty cute!
Last night we had everyone to our house for pizza on the porch followed by trick or treating. Chad helped get the porch even more festive with a green lightbulb in the porch light and a strobe light on a skeleton hanging from our magnolia tree. We had 3 Batmans: Riley, Liz and Zachary.
And after bathtime Carter turned into a baby green frog, which he does on lots of occasions after bath and he leapfrogged all over the porch!
Overall it was a really great Halloween and I am so in love with our new neighborhood. We met new neighbors while trick or treating and some of our neighbors even brought over special treats for the boys. Such a welcoming and friendly neighborhood we live in and I'm excited to get to know all our neighbors even better as time goes on.
























No comments:
Post a Comment