Friday, November 8, 2013

Wiggle Time

The exciting news of last week was that Riley won 3rd place in the neighborhood coloring contest in the neighborhood newsletter.  His prize was publication in the November newsletter!  We're very proud of him.

 
  
On Saturday Chad was working all day so Nana & Papa came over and we all walked, yes WALKED, to the zoo.  Amazing to live so close!  Papa drove as his knee would not be up to all the walking, but we really enjoyed the walk there, spent the most time ever at the zoo (over 5 hours!) and Riley, Nana & I walked back.  (Carter hopped ride back in the car with Papa).  It was a beautiful day and all the animals were out and we had such a great time.












Riley is moments away from losing his first tooth and that sucker is soooo crooked!  I wish it would fall out already!  He also has his two middle bottom teeth growing in behind the baby teeth so I've got my eyes on those suckers as well.


Carter will tell you that he has a loose tooth too, but he doesn't really.  Just wants to be like Riley.  The other night he asked me when he will be 6 like Riley and was not happy to hear that he has over 2 years to get there.









On Saturday night Kate, Jason & I went to a friend's 40th birthday party (Chad was working again) so all the kids had a sleepover at Nana & Papa's.  Even though they have 2 perfectly good bedrooms to sleep in they like to sleep on air mattresses in the living room so they can all be together.






 
This Tuesday I went to Lily B to have lunch with Riley.  It was raining so after lunch they went straight back to class instead of going to recess outside.  They got to have "wiggle time" and I got to watch.  All the kids dance around to music and periodically the teacher pauses the music and they have to freeze.  If they don't freeze, they are out.  This goes on until there are only 5 kids left and those five kids play musical chairs until there is a winner.  It was silly and fun and awesome to watch!  We really adore Riley's 1st grade teacher!

I also went to lunch today with Carter.  It was Hot Dog Lunch day at TLCC.  Of course, my little self made vegetarian only ate a bun with ketchup, but I had a great time visiting with him and his friends.  He also let me tuck him in for nap time and scratch his back for a bit.  So sweet!

It's finally cooled down a bit here and I was annoyed to find out that over 4 pairs of pants in my closet are now too big to fit me.  I sent a plea out on Facebook for hand-me-downs and got some from a friend (all size 6 - Ann Taylor LOFT) and apparently at that store I am a size 4.  Ridiculous!  So then I went to the Goodwill Boutique in Keller and didn't find anything good, so I finally caved and bought two pairs of size 6 pants at GAP yesterday.  It's weird to not know what size you are and also I am continually annoyed by women's sizing in general and vanity sizing.  So stupid. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment