Riley's Spring school pictures came home yesterday and I really have no idea what was going on. I don't know why he didn't smile! Thankfully, you don't have to purchase them, so I took a quick shot of this one and sent them right back to school!

We had a VERY busy Easter weekend last weekend. Starting on Thursday, Riley had the Bonnet Parade at Lily B. With Chad working nights all week last week for the FW Opera festival, I did not have time to get crafty. They were asked to come up with a vocabulary word for their hat and one of Riley's recent spelling words was "baseball" so we grabbed a baseball style cap and put bunny ears on it. Riley had severe anxiety about it and was worried about boys at school making fun of him for wearing bunny ears and the hat had a fish on it and so he kept saying it was a fishing hat, not a baseball hat. I made him bring the hat and ears to school because I figured he would be sad if he didn't participate and I prepped the teacher about how anxious he was. She sent me the below photos of him participating with both the hat and ears!!! She is magical!!!
Riley also made this amazing dragon painting at school last week. Haha picked up that day and Riley took the art up to Grandmommy's work, but thankfully Aunt Kate snapped a photo so at least I got to see it!
And I found this sweet little note in Riley's folder this week from his school friend, Xitlaly. It says "I like my friend Riley. He is the best friend." SO SWEET!
On Good Friday, Riley had school but Carter didn't. I ran to Bluebonnet to grab donuts to bring home and Nana came over to watch Carter. On the way home from Bluebonnet the sky was so beautiful!!!
Luckily, there was no shortage of fun at school and the 1st Grade got to have an Easter Egg Hunt at school on Friday. Nana, Carter & I even went up to school to have lunch with Riley and it was so crowded! I obviously wasn't the only parent to have that idea!
Last Friday afternoon we went to the Westermann's Annual Easter Egg Hunt. It was a blast and the kids had fun. So much fun I barely took any photos. We didn't help them hunt this year and this was the first year Riley didn't find a golden egg, so that was a hard lesson, but it worked out.
Saturday was the Mistletoe Heights Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt at Newby Park. It was a perfect day weather-wise!
Riley saw a bronze egg as we were walking in and he was calling it a golden egg. Here's Chad giving the boys pointers.
Unfortunately, he was telling them to both go for the same egg (the bronze egg - he didn't realize) and Riley made it there first. This made Carter very upset.
But eventually all was okay and they both came away with eggs.
Alex and his family were at the hunt also and they invited Riley to attend Alex's baseball game following the hunt.
So we had a great walk home with Carter where he tightrope walked home on the shadows. (He has such a great imagination!)
This wasn't the end of the hunts though. The boys spent Saturday night at my parents so Chad & I could attend the opera opening with his parents. Here a sweet picture of them at opening:
We ate at Little Red Wasp for dinner pre-show and had a drink at GRACE also.
So back to the egg hunts. The boys had another at Nana & Papa's Easter morning. Then I arrived for a pancake breakfast and then we all went to church to see Haha play in the band for the last time. Then we went to Grandmommy & Haha's for lunch and they hunted eggs again.
And finally one more hunt at our house when we got home.
All this fun wore Carter out and he put himself down for a nap!
Sunday evening I got to take my mom to Bass Hall to see Forte in concert. Chad did a beautiful lighting design in 1 day and it was a fun little concert.
Yesterday, Chad & I celebrated 10 YEARS OF MARRIAGE. Amazing. I love that man with all my heart and soul. He's been working a lot this week and we bought each other presents weeks ago, but we were able to eat together with the boys last night.
We started with dessert first and tried MELT, a new ice cream shop in our neighborhood. It was SO GOOD.
Then we went to Esperanza's for dinner. Nothing fancy on the day-of, but Chad & I have a lot of fun things planned this weekend.
Today I went up to Carter's school for Pizza Lunch. Earlier in the year I went for Hot Dog Lunch, but I had never been for pizza day. It was so much fun. The kids were so talkative and I had such a blast visiting with them all. I even got to tuck four of them in for nap time. Here's just a few of my favorite kiddos.

























No comments:
Post a Comment