Time is just flying by and here I am and almost a month has passed since my last post. So apologies ahead of time.....this will be a long one.
In mid-August we loaded up our car and took our first official Jung Out-Of-State Road Trip. We went to Kansas where Chad's college friend Dallas is now living with his wife and their 4 kids. This was the first time we had met their kids and we were so excited to spend a long weekend with them and they were so gracious to let us stay in their home. We had a lot of visiting time and we also did some fun outings while we were there. We went geocaching for the first time. We told the boys it was like treasure-hunting. They sort-of had fun. But it was bright and sunny and they complained a lot. I honestly think they had more fun at the house with the kids playing Minecraft and jumping on the trampoline!
We were also excited that the weekend we decided to visit also happened to be Dallas' birthday!
The boys did a great job on the road trip and Riley even helped squeegie my car windows at the gas station. I remember always wanting to help my Dad with this on road trips!
The trip really seemed to wear Carter out. He passed out on the couch the day after we got home.
After our Kansas trip the boys had one last week of summer to enjoy before school started. Kate watched the boys a bunch for us that week and she and Tay Tay took them to the museum.
The Thursday before school was Meet The Teacher at Lily B. Riley was very excited to find out that he is again in the same class with his best friend, Alex. Alex's little sister and Carter will both be in PreK, but not the same class.
The weekend before school started Chad & I went to a Fantasy Football Draft. It's our first time to participate so we decided to be on a team together. The draft took a few hours, which was longer than I expected, but we were with friends and so it was fun! Here's photos of our draft selections in progress.
That same weekend we also went on a double date with Jason while the boys had a sleepover at Grandmommy & Haha's. We took Kate & Jason to see Boyhood, which I highly recommend. We all loved it!
Before we knew it, the first day of school was upon us.
Carter wasn't too keen on taking First Day of School pics....but Riley did a great job!
Got him!
Carter wasn't super excited to be left in his classroom, but by the end of the day he was all smiles. Carter and Zachary got the same teacher, which was a real blessing!
After the first day of school, Kate hosted a first day of school party at her house, complete with snacks galore and water fun. I was at work, but it sure looks like the kids had a blast! (and Tay Tay is quite the amazing photographer!)
2nd day of school I saw this piece hanging outside of Carter's classroom. When I asked him what it was he said it was "Daddy, crying" Wow, okay buddy....
Riley has already had his first sick day though. On the 3rd day of school he woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and got sick about every hour for 5 hours. We think it was food poisoning due to a bad corn dog. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night and Riley was not feeling well enough to go to school on Wednesday. Thankfully, he was able to stay at Kate's house where she took great care of him all day.
Haha also has been helping some with pick ups the first two week's of school and he sent me this photo one day. Happy guys!
Both Riley and Carter were invited to a dual sleepover the first Friday of school and even though Carter has quite a serious face in this photo, I think they both had fun!
Last Saturday the boys and I hopped a plane to San Antonio to visit Chad where he was working on a show. This was my first time to fly with the boys by myself and they did great! We got to the airport early to have some McDonald's lunch before boarding.
Before we knew it, we were in San Antonio and at Daddy's hotel.
Chad was able to join us for dinner that night and so we drove to Mi Tierra. This place was hopping and we ended up waiting almost an hour for a table.
It was pretty late by this point and Riley was about done.
On Sunday we started out our morning with a swim at the hotel and then we walked to the Riverwalk, where we took the boys to eat at Rainforest Cafe. None of us had ever been there, but the boys LOVED it.
After lunch, Chad had to go to work so the boys and I walked to the San Antonio Children's Museum. Their favorite part was a plane with real seats and a cockpit you could play in. They also enjoyed a boat and the grocery section, which I have to say, put the FW Museum's grocery section to shame. It was super cool, with real working registers and bar code scanners.
On Monday, Chad had to work again, but we were able to get a morning swim in with him before he had to go. Since our flight wasn't until the early evening, I drove the boys to the San Antonio Zoo. It was fun, but not nearly as nice as the FW Zoo.
It did have one of the coolest carousels though.
And we ended our zoo trip with a mini train ride, pretty much like the train outside the FW Zoo, but only half the length. Still fun though.
After lunch and packing (and a little homework for Riley) back at the hotel, we loaded up the rental car, returned it and were back at the airport. The boys did a good job entertaining themselves, but then we found out that our flight was delayed over an hour.....
Nothing like Sbarro airport pizza, eh?
Eventually we made it home and were very excited to be there, although really tired.
Weeks when Chad is out of town are very tiring and I'm always glad to have my partner in life back by my side.
On Thursday night Chad opened the Tobin Center in San Antonio and I have no doubt he did a stellar job.
On Tuesday I got my bottom braces on and man are my teeth crowded on the bottom. They had trouble getting one of the metal wraps around my molars and I have to do a 2nd week of separators and go back Tuesday to have that one molar wrapped. The brackets on the bottom are very close together and it was hard to figure out how to floss, but it's getting better each night.
On Thursday after school, I took my little magician, Riley, to the doctor for his 7 year old well check appointment. He weighs 47.6 lbs (29%) and was 47 3/4" tall (43%). Both he and Carter got flu vaccines (the nasal mist), but you would have thought we were cutting off their arms. Took me and 2 nurses to give Riley his vaccine and Carter sobbed after his which freaked Riley out.
Yesterday morning, after an unfortunate week+ of no running due to Chad being out of town, I ran the Run For Life 5K with Jason. This is our before pic.
Let's just say I was not smiling at all when we finished. I am so used to running at 5:30am in the dark that I feel like I have turned into a vampire runner. In the dark, I can feel half asleep and yet still manage to put one foot in front of the other. It's like a coma run. Ideal! Yesyerday's run was HOT. I swear the sun was a laser beam burning me. Our pace was also way too fast the first mile due to us trying to get around people walking the 5K and so I ended up walking multiple times during the 3.1 miles. I didn't do a good job of pacing myself so my breathing was all out of whack. I was ashamed and nauseous and light-headed when we finished. Personal note: I don't think I'll be running another summer race again. I really hate the heat. But we ran it for Kate's mom and if she wanted me to do it again, I would in a heartbeat.

















































































No comments:
Post a Comment