Monday, October 6, 2014

I Feel Old And Carter Thinks Chad Is An Old Man

Where is all the time going?  I have been so busy both at work and at home that I have not been able to find a spare second in the last month to blog.  Wow.  The last month really flew by.  Carter is adjusting.....ever so slowly.....to PreK.  We know he is learning a lot because he shares a lot of things he's learned with us and we were excited to see him writing his name only 2 weeks into the school year.
 

  
Riley lost his his 5th tooth on September 11, 2014.  He waited until just after school and pulled it on his own.

  
Riley also started golf lessons again with The First Tee of Fort Worth.  Which meant we made a trip to Academy to buy him a cool new golf bag.  He loves it!


  

Riley also had his buddy Alex over for a sleepover not long after school started back.  They had a great time!




  
My favorite part was that we introduced the boys to American Ninja Warrior and they had fun making their own obstacle courses and acting out the show.



The day after the sleepover, Chad too Riley to play some golf and at the last minute they invited Alex along for the fun.




Riley also started Cub Scouts last month and he looks so awesome in his uniform!


In the middle of September we went to Friday on the Green for the first time.  Chad was out of town, so I met up with the Loveladys there and we listened to music, sat with our neighborhood friends, let the kids run around and had an overall great time.  The only drawback was that the grass was muddy and so by the end of it the kids were just running barefoot through the mud and having the best time.




  
Kate has been able to spend some time up at Lily B helping in the cafeteria and she took some adorable pictures of the kids one day.  Carter has been giving us a hard time at drop off most days and so it's nice to see him having fun because when we leave him some days he's crying, some days pouting, but usually sad to be left at school for the day.  We're slowly getting over it.


  
Carter is a homework champ though!  How cute are these guys doing their homework together?

  
And Tay Tay continues to be such a  bright light in their lives.  One day Carter commented that he needed to go to Tay Tay's house and so she took him and Zachary over after school to play (their being bears in the below photo).  She's also working on adding to their Halloween costumes and is just overall an awesome member of our extended "friend family."  She even made it onto Carter's "All About My Family" project at school.


Speaking of school projects, we had a good laugh when we saw the below items hanging on the wall outside of their classroom.  They were asked to go through magazine and find photos to represent the members of their family.  Apparently, Kate & Jason are models and Chad is an old man.  Hilarious!!!


Riley has begun his Halloween-season obsession and was begging to decorate the house.  He saved milk jugs so we added to our ghost collection and he spent his allowance money on a new inflatable spider.  He did a great job decorating the house and it looks very spooky.









This past week he spent his allowance money on this gigantic jack-o-lantern.  The kid is obsessed I tell ya!


  
He also drew the following instructions for the gals at Bluebonnet Bakery for some cookies he wanted them to make.  He was too shy to actually give it to them, but it was sweet he made it anyway.



 He's also been asking about the Pumpkin Patch and wanting to know when we can go.  Yesterday when he went to church with Grandmommy & Haha he even volunteered to help unload pumpkins for their pumpkin patch!




I've mentioned allowance money a couple of times above and I must mention that Riley has started a chore chart.  He has 10 chores a week to do (some happen 1x per week and some happen every day) and at the end of the week, if he completes all of this chores he gets $10.  When we were trying to determine the list of chores, Chad really wanted Riley to help mow the lawn, so he taught him how.  Unfortunately, we are still a few years out from Riley being able to do this chore so it did not make it on the chore chart at this time.  they sure were cute mowing together though!


 

We've made a big focused change in Riley's study habits and environment over the last week.  We've upped his private tutoring to 3x per week and Chad is making a big effort to do his homework with him after school.  We are learning that Riley is a kid that needs to study a lot to succeed.  We were very proud on Friday when he got an 80 on his spelling test after 1 week with our new system.


I managed to hurt my back on Saturday morning so I'm taking a short break from running this week, hoping that a little rest will heal it.  I've never hurt my back like this before so it was quite surprising.   I was squatting and trying to get Carter to sit on the window seat, look Riley in the eye and apologize for accidentally hurting him.  He didn't want to do this and tried to run past me.  I twisted to catch him while semi-squatting and really hurt my back.  I could barely walk right after I did it.  With a lot of ice and heat it's slowly getting better I think, but boy do I feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment