September's monthly post. Kate has started "Monday Funday" with the boys and took them to the Museum one Monday after school.

Riley has been into Star Wars.
Riley drew a bee for school.
Chad & Kate took the kids (plus Miller big kids) to the Japanese Garden for fun after school.
I enjoyed some coffee on the porch while awaiting a Funkytown Donuts delivery. YUM.
Riley has been excelling at school. Grades are all A's & B's so far. He is a leader in his class and he is feeling successful and we are really enjoying this 2nd turn on 2nd grade. He has such a great teacher and we are so proud of him.
Memaw tuned 80 in September!
I took Riley in for his 8 year old check up. He weighed 54.8 lbs (38%) and was 50 inches tall (40%). At the doc we also made a choice to start Riley on a small daily dose of ADHD meds and I've been stunned at the difference in his school work and anxiety while on them.
Carter surprised me with the below drawing which says he wants to be a soccer player (what??) so I asked him if he wanted to play soccer and he said "No, I just want to be one when I grow up".....okay......
Carter is really doing well starting to read and spell words on his own. I can already ready his phonetic spelling attempts and I'm very impressed.
Late September, we had the Kadane boys over to spend the night and we took them to see Hotel Transylvania 2 and went to have popsicles at Steel City Pops after. Fun!
I got together with some high school girlfriends for dinner and we had such a good time catching up.
At the end of September I started the "month of crazy" - 1 conference I was hosting, a huge certification exam through work and 2 more conferences - one in Dallas and one in California. Since I was hosting the September conference I got spoiled by the host hotel. Champagne and cake balls in my upgraded room to welcome me to the event. Nice!




























No comments:
Post a Comment