Friday, November 6, 2015

October 2015 (and first week of Nov)

Riley continues to excel in school.  Sorry for the barrage of papers, but I'm pretty proud.











No idea why the boys took this weekend photo, but it made me laugh!
 

We have new neighbors who moved in on our street and their cat Kitten moved in a few weeks before they did.  Riley did not understand why they would just leave their cat there and were worried the cat would be lonely.  He cried about the cat and we had to go back over and assure him that the cat would be fine.
 


We had brunch at Joe T's on a beautiful Sunday in October with Nana, Papa & Memaw.
 




Chad hosted and set up our neighborhood Movie Night at Newby Park and the Ridenour boys were our guests and slept over after.  Here is what the kids did while Chad worked hard at setting up!
 

Haha picked the boys up from school a bit and they had some fun!
 

On October 16 I took my ICSC CSM exam to certify me as a Certified Shopping Center Manager with ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers).  This was my daily calendar quote on the day of  my exam.  I was so nervous, but I'm elated to report that I PASSED!!!  I'd been studying since June and was very happy to have this behind me.
 

At Memaw's party we hired Zuilma to take photos of all the families at the party.  She got some great ones of the boys, me and Chad.



Riley's been learning knife safety at Cub Scouts!


Chad took the boys to the Water Gardens one beautiful day!
 

The Annual Lily B Walkathon was on October 16th.



I'm really enjoying getting to  know Riley's new classmates.  I've been volunteering in the Library with their class each week and they are a great group of kids.



We wen to the Pumpkin Patch with the Loveladys and walked the corn maze.















Riley just completed a month of intensive study at school about a mammal.  His mammal was bats.  I set up a time for him to interview Dr. Tory Bennet at TCU to studies bats in Ft Worth.  He was very nervous at the get-go, but I think is very proud of what he learned.
 





Riley also disguised a pumpkin as a project for school - Blackbeard!


I was in California towards the end of October for a work conference and while on the campus of USC for class I saw a group of students playing Quidditch.  Riley would have been right at home with them!
 

We carved pumpkins with the boys and they turned out great.  Carter's is the mummy hand and Riley's is the Jack-O-Lantern.
 


Chad also heloed the boys decorate the streetlamp outside our house like a Jack-O-Lantern.  Cool!



Storybook Parade was last Friday at Lily B.  
 



















This week I went and had lunch with Riley at school.  He's been so patient with me and all the extra work things I've had to do the last month.  He asked me to have lunch last month, but was sweet enough to wait until this week to have lunch.



School photos came home this week.  We won't do re-takes, but they are pretty entertaining pictures.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment