My friend Sarah warned me awhile ago, when I posted a picture of Riley wearing my tennis shoes on Facebook to wait until he started wearing my heels. Well, that day came last week and Chad caught it on camera. I love how happy he looks! He is positively giddy to be wearing my heels. He’ll probably be mad at me one day for sharing this picture, but it makes me smile!
We were so excited about the new table and my parents started assembling it right away so we could eat dinner on it that night. Here’s my dad putting the legs on the table:

They had it put together in no time and we enjoyed our brisket and Chad & Riley enjoyed playing in our hammock:



My office was closed on Friday for Good Friday and so I made plans to take Riley to the zoo with my good friend Tracy and her three kids. It was such a perfect day for the zoo! We got there when they opened and we started at the monkey house. Here’s a pic of the four kids looking in at the gorillas:

Chad was able to join us at the last minute and so I had fun taking pictures of him & Riley enjoying the zoo:


My favorite part of the day by far was feeding the birds at the zoo! We took Riley to the zoo for the first time on his first birthday in August, but it was so hot that none of the birds would eat from our hands. This time, when we walked in to the bird area, a bird landed on my hand almost immediately!

Riley and Chad made their way into the bird area and Riley even got a chance to feed some birds:



We had so much fun spending time with Tracy and her kids. I giggled when at one point Riley lost his shoe and Tracy’s daughter tried to help him put it back on. She was so sweet!

After the zoo Riley went home where he napped for almost 3 hours! After he woke up Nana & Papa came over to help Riley color Easter Eggs. He wasn’t too excited about it and my mom and I decided it was more for our pleasure than his!

My dad also fixed my backdoor when he came over (thanks Dad!) and they also brought over the sandbox (pictured in last week's blog) because they wanted Riley to have something to play with in our backyard (thanks again, Nana & Papa!)
On Friday night Riley went to spend the night with his Grandmommy and Haha and Chad & I went to Joe T’s for dinner on the patio. Saturday was a low key day, which we needed since Chad is about to start working around the clock on the opera festival. On Saturday night I attempted to make sour cream chicken enchiladas for the first time for dinner! They turned out pretty good and I am getting more and more sure of myself and my new-found cooking skills as much as it shocks Chad that I am trying out new recipes and actually cooking!
On Easter morning it was pretty drizzly outside, but we still managed to hide some eggs in the front yard for Riley and he had a great time hunting them. He insisted upon opening each egg as he found it and would exclaim “oh” when you opened it for him.


After egg hunting at our house we went to Grandmommy and Haha’s where Riley hunted eggs again and we were proud at how good he was getting. I love it that he couldn't seem to part with his snack bowl while hunting eggs at their house, and so he carried it around while he hunted!

Then we ate a nice lunch and afterwards took Riley home so he could nap. After his nap we went to Nana & Papa’s where Riley hunted eggs for the fifth time in a week. He's a professional egg hunter now! As soon as he opened the door to their house he saw an egg and yelled “egg!” as he ran over and picked it up.

We had a nice Easter dinner and Grammy and Uncle Kip were able to join us and it was nice to see both of them.
I hope everyone had a great Easter and was able to spend it with friends and family. Send good thoughts our way as Chad starts his busy opera schedule this week and it lasts until early May. Until next week, “Mohawk Riley” would like to say “See ya!”
They had it put together in no time and we enjoyed our brisket and Chad & Riley enjoyed playing in our hammock:
My office was closed on Friday for Good Friday and so I made plans to take Riley to the zoo with my good friend Tracy and her three kids. It was such a perfect day for the zoo! We got there when they opened and we started at the monkey house. Here’s a pic of the four kids looking in at the gorillas:
Chad was able to join us at the last minute and so I had fun taking pictures of him & Riley enjoying the zoo:
My favorite part of the day by far was feeding the birds at the zoo! We took Riley to the zoo for the first time on his first birthday in August, but it was so hot that none of the birds would eat from our hands. This time, when we walked in to the bird area, a bird landed on my hand almost immediately!
Riley and Chad made their way into the bird area and Riley even got a chance to feed some birds:
We had so much fun spending time with Tracy and her kids. I giggled when at one point Riley lost his shoe and Tracy’s daughter tried to help him put it back on. She was so sweet!
After the zoo Riley went home where he napped for almost 3 hours! After he woke up Nana & Papa came over to help Riley color Easter Eggs. He wasn’t too excited about it and my mom and I decided it was more for our pleasure than his!
My dad also fixed my backdoor when he came over (thanks Dad!) and they also brought over the sandbox (pictured in last week's blog) because they wanted Riley to have something to play with in our backyard (thanks again, Nana & Papa!)
On Friday night Riley went to spend the night with his Grandmommy and Haha and Chad & I went to Joe T’s for dinner on the patio. Saturday was a low key day, which we needed since Chad is about to start working around the clock on the opera festival. On Saturday night I attempted to make sour cream chicken enchiladas for the first time for dinner! They turned out pretty good and I am getting more and more sure of myself and my new-found cooking skills as much as it shocks Chad that I am trying out new recipes and actually cooking!
On Easter morning it was pretty drizzly outside, but we still managed to hide some eggs in the front yard for Riley and he had a great time hunting them. He insisted upon opening each egg as he found it and would exclaim “oh” when you opened it for him.
After egg hunting at our house we went to Grandmommy and Haha’s where Riley hunted eggs again and we were proud at how good he was getting. I love it that he couldn't seem to part with his snack bowl while hunting eggs at their house, and so he carried it around while he hunted!
Then we ate a nice lunch and afterwards took Riley home so he could nap. After his nap we went to Nana & Papa’s where Riley hunted eggs for the fifth time in a week. He's a professional egg hunter now! As soon as he opened the door to their house he saw an egg and yelled “egg!” as he ran over and picked it up.
We had a nice Easter dinner and Grammy and Uncle Kip were able to join us and it was nice to see both of them.
I hope everyone had a great Easter and was able to spend it with friends and family. Send good thoughts our way as Chad starts his busy opera schedule this week and it lasts until early May. Until next week, “Mohawk Riley” would like to say “See ya!”
No comments:
Post a Comment