
On Saturday I had a busy day planned. I am helping to plan my 10 year high school reunion and we had a meeting with my Aunt Tami to taste cupcakes and look at designs for the cupcakes she is baking for us. I forgot my camera, so I was only able to take pictures of the one that I brought home with me. Tami and her cupcake partner, Keisha did such a fabulous job. They even made little candies for the tops of each cupcake. Those is the little circles you see around this cupcake:Tami is so sweet and even thought of her great-nephew Riley as she made him an Elmo cupcake for me to take home to him:
After cupcake tasting I had another meeting at the restaurant where we are having our reunion and then, after a quick manicure and pedicure, I headed to Dallas to celebrate my friend Caitlin’s birthday. Chad & Riley did not join me in Dallas and instead they went to the Fort Worth Main Street Arts Festival, where Chad ate a turkey leg and some Dippin’ Dots, which he said that Riley enjoyed feeding to him. They also were so sweet and bought a new piece of art to go in mine and Chad’s bedroom.
On Sunday, before Chad had to go to an opera rehearsal we met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile’s for lunch. Nana just bought an iPhone and she loaded it with new apps, especially for Riley. The first one was a video of ‘Wheels on the Bus’ with Nana’s voice singing the songs. The second was a piano app. Riley enjoyed them both immensely and played with them before he ate, while he ate and after he ate. Here is a pic of him listening to Nana sing:
On Sunday, before Chad had to go to an opera rehearsal we met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile’s for lunch. Nana just bought an iPhone and she loaded it with new apps, especially for Riley. The first one was a video of ‘Wheels on the Bus’ with Nana’s voice singing the songs. The second was a piano app. Riley enjoyed them both immensely and played with them before he ate, while he ate and after he ate. Here is a pic of him listening to Nana sing:
And here is one of him asking Nana to turn it on for him:
After lunch we took Riley home for a nap and Chad left for rehearsal. After Riley woke up from his nap we played in our backyard in his sandbox, where I discovered that Riley misbehaves (i.e. throwing sand out of the sandbox, pouring water in the sand, pouring sand in the water, etc) when he knows I am watching to see what my reaction will be, but as soon as he thinks I am not watching him, he acts like a perfect angel! What’s up with that?!?!?
After cleaning up from the sandbox, we went over to Nana & Papa’s, where Nana showed Riley that she had bought gardening gloves for him. My mom and dad were planting new bushes and so both of them had on gloves. We put Riley’s on him, but mostly he just pulled them right off again:
After lunch we took Riley home for a nap and Chad left for rehearsal. After Riley woke up from his nap we played in our backyard in his sandbox, where I discovered that Riley misbehaves (i.e. throwing sand out of the sandbox, pouring water in the sand, pouring sand in the water, etc) when he knows I am watching to see what my reaction will be, but as soon as he thinks I am not watching him, he acts like a perfect angel! What’s up with that?!?!?After cleaning up from the sandbox, we went over to Nana & Papa’s, where Nana showed Riley that she had bought gardening gloves for him. My mom and dad were planting new bushes and so both of them had on gloves. We put Riley’s on him, but mostly he just pulled them right off again:







Well, JV is a dumb name for a car. So I say Lulu.
ReplyDeleteThe only other name idea I have gotten is Roxanne. Any thoughts guys?
ReplyDeleteYea Sarah! So happy to read your blog! Riley is so cute:) I can't believe you guys are having your 10 year reunion already...I guess I should start thinking about ours too, yikes! Glad to keep in touch with you, I think about your family all the time:)
ReplyDelete