Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to Normal

We’ve spent the past week getting things back to normal since our vacation. I actually made it to the gym twice last week, which I was very proud of considering I felt queasy for most of the week (more on pregnancy details later).

On Friday we met up at Uncle Julio’s with my best friend from high school, Rhonda, her husband Tim and their 10 month old, Paxton. I had not seen Paxton since November, so needless to say, he had changed a lot! I loved watching him eat because he made the cutest little pucker face, so matter what flavor he chewed. It was adorable! And I totally miss the age when you just smile at a baby and they can’t help but smile back! We took some pictures of Paxton and Riley after our meal, but Rhonda is on vacation now and I doubt I’ll get the pictures before I post this. After dinner we also ran into two of Jake’s friends, Haley and Kevin, who were also dining at Uncle Julio’s. It was good to see them and say hi!

On Saturday morning, Chad was the BEST HUSBAND & DAD EVER! Riley woke up yelling “Daddy!” at about 6:30am on Saturday morning. Chad was VERY sweet and got Riley dressed and took him to the park at 6:45 AM so I could keep sleeping! How awesome is that? I woke up about 8:45am, which these days is sleeping in for me and then waited for the boys to return. After it had been an hour and still no Riley or Chad, I called to check up and Chad told me that not only had they gone to the park by our house, but they went to the duck pond after that and then to run an errand for Chad. Well, they came home and I was saying to Chad that I wanted to try and find a time to go and see the new Harry Potter movie and Chad said his mom wanted to take Riley on the mini train, so maybe we could see the movie now. So we dropped Riley off at his Grandmommy & Haha’s and we went on a spontaneous date to the movies! It was awesome. By the time the movie was out, Riley was napping and so we went home and Chad’s Dad brought him home after he woke up.

That night we went to Mike & Christina’s for a pool party/barbeque since Mike’s brother Chris was in town. We had a good time catching up with old friends and Riley and Chad went swimming twice! Mike also took some cute pictures of Riley and Jon & Michele’s son, Ty saying “cheese”, but I also don’t have those pictures yet either!

We kept Riley up pretty late for the party, but of course he didn’t sleep exceptionally late Sunday morning. Chad got up with him again and let me sleep a bit. When I got up I started laundry, and then we met up with Grammy for lunch at La Madeleine. It was great to see her and Riley even gave her a great big kiss when we left. He has been very selective about giving out kisses lately! After lunch we went grocery shopping, where Riley refused to sit in the regular basket so we decided to try out one of the baskets for two toddlers. Riley hopped right in and had a great time!

However, every time the cart stopped he thought he had to get out and then back in again, but overall he behaved himself very nicely while we shopped and crashed out in the car on the way home and took a great nap that afternoon.

Now for the pregnancy update:
I go to the doctor on Thursday for another appointment. I went just before we left to go on vacation, but since I was not very far along at that point, they wanted me to come back only 3 weeks later to get another sonogram since in the first one they were only able to see the baby’s sac. This was not something to worry about; I was just so early pregnant that the baby was too small to show up on the sonogram. I’ll try and post an update on Thursday with the news of the appointment.

Overall though, I am not feeling too bad this time around. I do have some serious bouts of queasiness and exhaustion, but they seem to pass and I don’t know if maybe because I have done this before and have an idea of what to expect all the symptoms don’t come as a shock.

Some differences from the last time:
---With Riley I could not stand the smell of our laundry detergent and dryer sheets and had to buy the scent free kind. This time I am not bothered at all by the smell of the laundry.

---With Riley I didn’t really crave anything at first (except French fries) and would rather have not eaten. This time I feel like if I just keep eating I seem to keep the queasiness to a minimum. At this rate I will gain a million pounds as I feel like some days I am constantly grazing! I do still crave French fries, but I also think that pickles taste pretty good (go figure!) and the other day I had a serious craving for a Jason’s Deli tuna melt. No idea what that was about. I am not embarrassed this time around about eating weird things if they sound good. At brunch with Grammy a couple of weeks ago, the only things on the menu that sounded good were lobster bisque and spinach/artichoke dip, so that is what I got! The waiter looked at me strange, but I just said “I’m pregnant, and that’s what sounds good!”

---With Riley I don’t remember getting up in the middle of the night to go potty so early on, but it’s already happening. I am also not sleeping very well right now. I feel like I have a restless night’s sleep every night and I wake up feeling like I barely slept. Don’t remember this happening the last time either. The not sleeping well is the thing that is bothering me the most right now. I know I’ll get WAY less sleep when the baby is here, but right now when my body is so tired all the time anyway, I just wish I could get a decent night’s sleep.

I’m anxious for Thursday’s appointment as I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting another sonogram and I can’t wait to actually see a baby in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment