Monday, July 13, 2009

Big News

If you had asked me two years ago if I would ever get pregnant again, the answer would have been a resounding NO. Well, things change….you watch your only child play alone and wish he had a sibling to play with…..you watch your brother die of cancer and wish so hard that you were not now an only child……..you forget the pain and nausea and bed rest that came with your first pregnancy…..well, you don’t forget, but you look at it differently. I suffered all of those things and I got Riley out of the deal. I would suffer like that 10 million times over just to see his smiling face every day.

So, I guess being a mom changes a person. It makes you willing to go outside the box and decide to try this pregnancy thing one more time. So without further adieu, I announce that Chad & I are expecting again! I am due in late February. And yes, this baby was 100% planned, all the way down to what months would be more convenient to Chad’s work schedule for me to have a baby. I am blessed to say that we were lucky enough to get pregnant again on the first try. We actually thought maybe it hadn’t worked first try this time around, but then were pleasantly surprised to find out that it had!

I am sorry that I haven’t posted in a while, but we were on vacation last week and this is my first chance to get back on the blog! Vacation posts will be coming VERY SOON, but I figured this news should come first!

I promise to take belly pics this time around and I promise to keep everyone updated weekly on my blogs with how I am doing. So far I’ve had some morning/anytime sickness, but I’m trying to deal! We are beyond thrilled to welcome this new baby to our family in February and hope that Riley likes being a big brother! We can’t wait to become parents again for the second time!

3 comments:

  1. And Nana and Papa can't wait to be grandparents a second time!! Riley is such a blessing in so many ways and we know his brother or sister will be a blessing too! February! What a great month to have children! (Now watch him or her be stubborn and wait to be born in March!) Oh well! March! What a great month to have children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exciting news to hear! Congrats on the pregnancy to you and Chad and of course to big brother Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Sarah!! Congrats! So happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete