Monday, July 27, 2009

Little Ham Guzzler

I did finally get some of the pictures I was talking about last week from when we were at Mike & Christina’s house. These are of Riley and Jon & Michelle’s son, Ty. Ty was born exactly a week before Riley, but man he seemed so big this time when we saw him!
(The boys saying "Cheese")

(Chad praticing for what it's going to be like when we have two kids!)

(Just Riley!)

On Monday I had a craving for some Mexican food so I went to Joe T’s for lunch. That same day I also took care of making sure that Baby Jung #2 has a spot held for him/her at the daycare. I was excited to find out when talking to the assistant director that we had been overpaying for Riley since February! Turns out when kids turn 18 months old, the rate goes down and I had no idea! So we had racked up a nice credit balance and I was able to use some of that money to pay the deposit for the baby. I went ahead and told them to hold a spot for the baby starting in mid-April because I assume that would be about when I would return from maternity leave. I know my mom is sad because she wants some one-on-one time with the baby like she had with Riley (she watched Riley for us from when he was 6 months old to 12 months old). Maybe we can figure something out, but she doesn’t get out of school for the summer until late May so we would have to figure something out for about a month and a half. If we were able to figure all this out, I could postpone the baby starting daycare until August, but we’ll just have to see how it all plays out.

Another highlight from the week was on Wednesday when I got free lunch along with everyone at my company. One of the guys I work with is friends with the owner of the Love Shack, the burger place in the Stockyards. Well, they are opening a new Love Shack location on West 7th and they were having a mock opening so we were all invited to try out the food for FREE! It was pretty good and it was fun to go to a mock opening and get to eat somewhere before everyone else!

Chad worked a lot over the weekend and I was especially thankful to my parents for pitching in and helping me out. On Saturday I was invited to a Pampered Chef party at my friend Krystal’s house. I brought Riley over to my parents house and then I headed to the party, where I bought an avocado peeler, a pick-like thing that helps you to cut round vegetables without cutting your fingers, sauté tongs and a new cooling rack. I was happy with my purchases and can’t wait to receive my order. It was also nice to see some other mom’s I have gotten to know through Krystal at the party and catch up with them.

Before the party Riley and I went by Princess’ vet to pick up some more meds for her. She gained 2.5 lbs in the past month and now weighs 21 lbs. Still not over 25 lbs, so I’ll still have to pick her meds up monthly.

After the Pampered Chef party I had a list of errands I needed to run. The first was to the mall to get my engagement ring inspected. To keep the warranty intact I have to get the ring inspected every 6 months. I don’t mind doing this because they also clean my rings and they look so sparkly after! After that I ran by Relax The Back on Camp Bowie where I purchased my first pregnancy related item, a body pillow. It’s called the Snoozer pillow and it’s shaped like a candy cane. I tried this pillow out when I was pregnant with Riley and having a lot of back pain, but I was already so far along that I couldn’t bear to spend that kind of money on a pillow. Well, since I’m already having trouble sleeping and already using 3 pillows of my own and occasionally stealing one of Chad’s I figured I needed to nip this in the bud early this time. I have slept on the pillow two nights now and it is great! And I only have to use the one pillow now! It’s a little hard to change positions in the night because the pillow is quite large, but overall it seems to be a purchase that will pay off well in the end!

After buying the pillow I needed to pick up Riley’s prescription at CVS. On Friday he had started wheezing overnight and then over the weekend it has turned into a cough. We immediately started giving him breathing treatments with his nebulizer and it seemed to be helping. We didn’t have enough albuterol for the machine though, so that is what I had to pick up at CVS. After this I was planning on going to get my car inspected and get an oil change, but I REALLY had to go to the bathroom and I couldn’t imagine going at the oil change place (yuck!). Luckily, I was just down the street from Chad’s office so I stopped by to say hi and use the potty and Chad convinced me to go and have lunch with him and his crew. I did and it was nice to spend some time with Chad.

After lunch I did head over to my new favorite oil change place, Flagship Car Wash off of University. I had gotten so sick of going to Kwik Kar because I HATE IT when they call you out to your car to look under the hood. I am not going to buy whatever extra services they are selling and they are just prolonging the time it takes me to pay and get out of there! Well, Chad went to Flagship recently and whenever you get an oil change or an inspection you get a free car wash (and they vacuum the inside of your car also!) This is so worth it! Also, I have been there twice now and they have NEVER called me out to look under my car’s hood! LOVE IT! They also have two computers in the waiting area, where you can search the web for FREE! I decided to check my email while I waited and my mom had sent me the following picture:


Turns out Riley had taken his plane with him to nap and my mom kept hearing him playing with it. She finally thought she should go in and take it away and when she walked in, he was asleep with the plane in his arms! How cute!

While I was getting my car inspected I got a call from my neighborhood code compliance officer. I had called in a complaint on my neighbor before we left on vacation because she had a magnolia tree in her front yard cut down and had the tree limbs dumped over her back fence into the wooded lots that we both owned. She had done this once before and when Chad & I look out our back window we see her dead tree limbs and lots of them. The code compliance guy, Leo, was wondering if he might come by and take a look at the limbs because he had her contractor’s number and was willing to arrange to have him clean it up. I met him at the house and showed him the limbs. He took pictures with his digital camera and told me that he would coordinate with her contractor on Tuesday to have the limbs removed. I am so happy because it will make both of our views so much nicer!

After dealing with the code compliance issue, I headed to the mall to meet up with my mom, dad & Riley. My parents were getting eye exams and then ordering new lenses and frames and then they both needed new tennis shoes. While they were trying on shoes Riley kept wanting to take his shoes off and so my mom asked him if he wanted new shoes and he said yes. We went to the toddler section and tried to get him to try on some sandals, but he cried every time we put a pair on. I don’t think he likes the feel of shoes without socks. He then saw a pair of Cars flip flops that he really wanted to put on. We put them on him, but then he cried because of the plastic between his toes and asked us to take them off. But then when they were off, he cried again because he liked them so much and wanted them on. Couldn’t please the boy! So of course, my mom did what any grandma would do and bought him the cars shoes anyway. I laughed and chastised her a bit telling her he would never wear them. The good thing is that the flip flops also came as a combo with a pair of Cars tennis shoes and so at least he’s been wearing the tennis shoes out of the deal.

After the shoe ordeal we went looking around the mall for some rides for Riley and found a small carousel that he could ride. He was so excited because there was a motorcycle to ride:


(Sorry for the blurriness, iPhone cameras don't like moving subjects!)
But of course, his grandparents spoiled him some more (as grandparents should do!) and let him ride three times so he could ride of each of the rides. He didn't like anything as much as that motorcycle though!




By this time I was exhausted. It just creeps up on me sometimes…so we went to dinner, where Chad met up with us and then we went home, got Riley to bed and crashed out!

Yesterday we had lunch with Grammy at Olive Garden and then my parents took Riley again, while Chad went to work, so I could get some grocery shopping done. I have to say that I am loving going grocery shopping right now. Since I don’t feel very good all the time, I am spending way less money. Yesterday I bought 2 bags of dog food and still spent less than I normally do! I was able to get almost all of my laundry done too before my parents called and said Riley was awake. I went and picked him up and then we met Chad back at the house, where we ordered a pizza for dinner and had a low-key evening watching TV. We ordered a Canadian bacon and mushroom pizza and Riley makes me laugh because he just wants to eat the Canadian bacon pieces off of all of the pizza! Little ham guzzler!

I’ve been going to bed A LOT earlier this past week and so far it seems to be helping in the exhaustion department. I’m still waking up a lot in the night, but I think the fact that I laid down earlier makes me not feel as tired in the morning. I do hope that this restless sleeping subsides as time goes on though!


No comments:

Post a Comment