Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Go Cowboys!

I started out last week on a role by making it to the gym Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday! I was very proud of myself as this was the first time in awhile that I had made it three times in a week. If you read my last blog you know I have full clearance to continue working out through my pregnancy and my goal is to go 4 times a week so I am almost there! I won’t make my goal this week because I have a dentist appointment on one of the days I would go, but I still plan on trying to reach my goals or come close as many weeks as I can.

The week went by relatively quickly and it was the weekend before we knew it. It helped that I was only working a half day on Friday though! Back in May, if you remember, Chad & I bought Cowboys tickets for my mom & Dad and ourselves to go to the very first Cowboys Game in the brand-new Cowboys Stadium. The game was on Friday at 7pm and I had anticipated tailgating so I took a half-day off at the office. We didn’t end up leaving for the game until 4pm so we decided not to tailgate and parked and walked straight to the stadium instead. First off, I love that the new stadium is in Arlington as the drive from my parents’ house took 12 minutes from their driveway to where we parked. Then we only had to walk about 15 minutes to get to the stadium, so 30 minutes total. So awesome! We arrived at the stadium about 30 minutes before they opened the doors so we stood in line outside and waited. When the doors finally opened the adrenaline from the crowd was palpable. Everyone was cheering and running in and we went in and headed straight to look at the field. I feel like a total dork, but I had tears welling up in my eyes. It felt so special to be a part of the Cowboys new history and to be able to take my parents. I guess I was also a bit sad that I wished Jake could have been there with us. But I dried my hormonal pregnancy tears and we had a fabulous time!
(This is the view from our great seats!)
It helped that the Cowboys won! The sound in the stadium was pretty bad, but other than that everything was pretty cool! The scoreboard/screen was so big! I can’t wait for Riley and baby #2 to be old enough to go to a game. It will be so neat to be able to tell them one day that we were at the first game there ever! Of course that morning I dressed Riley in his Tony Romo jersey and here is a pic of him looking out our front window at the rainstorm that blew in that morning.

Riley spent the night with his Grandmommy & HaHa on Friday night while we went to the game and they said he could stay as long as we could stand it on Saturday. Chad & I were thrilled to sleep in on Saturday morning and when we woke up Chad helped me clean the house for a couple of hours before he had to leave for a meeting. I need to remember what a meticulous cleaner Chad is. We recently decided to stop using our cleaning lady to save some money each month and this was our first time to clean the house ourselves in a while. I thought that since the cleaning lady cleaned the house in a couple of hours then Chad & I could clean it in a couple of hours. I did not take into account Chad meticulous cleaning methods. Two hours in and we had only just finished our master bedroom and bathroom. Don’t get me wrong, it looks fabulous, but I ended up spending about 6 hours cleaning the house on Saturday! By the time I was finished my entire body ached, but the house sure did look good. Chad finished his meeting and we went to pick up Riley and Chad’s parents were so sweet to cook fajitas for us for dinner. I know Chad had a great time visiting with his dad while they grilled the meat and I had a wonderful time inside catching up with Chad’s mom while she made some really yummy guacamole. After we ate Riley was ready to go home, so we packed him up and headed home for bath and bed time.

On Sunday morning Riley woke up at 6:45am and Chad got up with him until 8:30am when I finally woke up. At that point Chad got back into bed and slept for another hour and a half. Then I mentioned that we should probably get our grocery shopping done that morning so we all got ready and headed to the store. We did a speed shopping trip because we were heading to lunch a little early due to a birthday party we were going to that afternoon. We met up at Lucile’s with my mom, dad & Grammy and had a nice lunch although in our rush to get there on time I forgot a sippy cup for Riley. Usually when I have one he just wants to drink from the cup they bring so I figured we would be okay. I was SO wrong! Riley refused from drink from the Styrofoam cup with a straw and after throwing a fit for about 10 minutes my Dad offered to run down the street to CVS and buy a sippy cup. Of course, as soon as he got back with it, Riley was happy again and acted a lot better. Little Manipulator!

After lunch we got in the car and headed to Riley’s friend Aiden’s house for Aiden’s 2nd birthday party. When we told Riley where we were headed, even though you could tell he was so tired, he would not nap on the way. Every time his eyes, were about to close, he woke himself up saying “Aiden’s house” reminding himself of the goal ahead. He did fall asleep about 5 minutes before we got there, but he woke right up when we arrived. We had such a good time swimming in the pool at Aiden’s house, although Ethan, one of their other friends from school, is quite a daredevil in the pool and made my heart skip a few beats watching him.

(Aiden, Ethan & Riley riding on the gator in the pool)


(Eating birthday cake! Riley's in the bottom left drinking from a juice box.)

(Riley, Aiden & Ethan playing with the TWO tricycles that Aiden got for his birthday and yes, Riley comandeered a camo hat that was also a gift to Aiden and wore it around for awhile. I guess he knew it matched his outfit!)

After the party we headed home and Riley finally napped on the way home. Unfortunately, that meant he only got about a 30 minute nap on Sunday, but he did pretty good all things considered. For dinner that night, Chad had been craving fried chicken and so we decided to go and pick some up for dinner. Riley had other plans. He decided that since he didn’t want to go, he would hide in Princess’ crate, which I had moved to the corner of our bedroom while cleaning. I guess he thought we wouldn’t make him go if he was in there! Silly boy!

(Holding some of Princess' crate toys, with a huge smile on his face. He thought he had won the battle!)

(Don't let this pic fool you....he didn't want out....he just wanted the papparazzi to go away!)

(Still doesn't want to go get fried chicken)

(Finally agreed to open the door. Still having a fabulous time. Thank goodness I had just washed the crate pad the day before and gotten all the dog hair off of it!)

(Finally he agreed to emerge from the crate and we were able to get fried chicken.)

On a final note, some friends shared with me some good news this past week and I cannot wait to share with everyone on the blog, but that will have to wait for another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment