Monday, August 17, 2009

Horse Rides, Stitches and Grammy's Tacos

On Tuesday Chad left for a short trip to NYC. He was designing lights for a show for the NY Fringe Festival for his friend JV. I was really happy he got to go work on the show, but also happy he got to spend some time with our good friend JV. The first day Chad sent me the following picture of JV:
JV is about to drink a frozen cosmopolitan from Carmine’s. This is one of my favorite drinks ever and I told Chad that after the baby is born we have to make it back to NY together so I can have one of those drinks!

On Tuesday I was feeling especially tired and when my mom called asking how her and my dad could help out I asked them to come over that evening. My dad ended up mowing our yard for us and I was so glad my mom was inside because Riley was being so clingy to me and we were trying to get my house cleaned for my cousin Tyler’s visit. My mom and I rotated doing things around the house and I was soooo thankful they were there because there is NO WAY I would have gotten everything done by myself!

On Wednesday night I decided to make myself totally available to Riley in the evening. He just wanted me to be by his side the night before and so I made sure that I could do that for him that night. We watched whatever TV show he wanted to and we just hung out together. It was a really great night and I was happy I was able to just chill with him.

I also worked out last week on both Monday and Tuesday. I went to power yoga and spin class. I felt pretty good right after, but by the evenings I was worn out so I decided to skip working out on Wednesday and Thursday so I could have some energy left for Riley in the evening.

Thursday was my Grammy’s 84th birthday! My uncle Dana, his girlfriend Jill and my cousin Tyler flew in that day from North Dakota. We all met up that night at Riscky’s BBQ in the Stockyards and had a really nice dinner. This was a great restaurant for Riley because there were stuffed cows and deer all over the restaurant and lots of things on the walls, including trains, so he had a lot to look at and talk about. On the walk in Riley noticed a bunch of coin-operated horse rides and that was all he wanted to do while we ate. We kept telling him after he ate, but he was too excited to eat much. After the meal, Papa took him outside and got him started riding. He had a huge smile most of the time on his face, but we didn’t catch it on camera most times.



(Riley and Grammy, the birthday lady! I love their smiling faces!)

On Friday Chad flew home, arriving really late into DFW Airport. I couldn’t even stay awake until it was time to pick him up so I slept for an hour and then my cell phone alarm woke me up to go get him. I was sooo tired on the way and really cranky, but Chad was sweet enough to drive us home and to stop for Whataburger taquitos on the way. Riley spent the night with my parents so that I didn’t have to worry about him while I picked Chad up and they brought him home the next morning.

The next morning while Chad was out in our front yard cutting low hanging tree branches down with his pole saw he managed to get his hand stuck as the pole shifted smaller and he cut his hand. It wasn’t bleeding too badly, but it looked really nasty, so after an hour and a half of researching online we decided he probably needed stitches and he headed off to Care Now, while I put Riley down for a nap. About an hour later he came home with 4 stitches in his hand.


I feel so sorry for him as he cannot really use his left hand right now, but he was quite a trooper all weekend. He even managed to go back out in the yard after he got the stitches and clean everything up! And he did the grocery shopping for me yesterday. I told him if the tables had been switched and I had gotten stitches I would have been a big baby about it! After Riley woke up from his nap we took him on the miniature train ride since he had been asking about it almost non-stop for over week! It was so hot though that I ended up feeling pretty miserable after! I can’t wait for the weather to cool down!

Yesterday we hung out at the house the majority of the day. Chad’s parents came back in to town and so we brought Rose home to them on our way to Grammy’s house. Grammy was making her famous tacos for everyone since Dana, Jill & Tyler were in town. I was really excited because they were the first thing that had really sounded good to me to eat all week! And they were yummy! We had a great time eating tacos and watching TV at Grammy’s before we headed home.

On the pregnancy front, I am officially 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant today and therefore I am through the first trimester! Hallelujah! I wish I felt a little better, but it didn’t happen last time until about 13 weeks. Hopefully I’m almost there. I felt pretty sick and tired through most of the weekend. When I say sick, I just mean yucky: no energy, don’t know what food sounds good, etc. I did notice one positive thing this weekend: my prenatal vitamins have really gotten my nails growing well! I looked down at my nails this weekend and realized they were really strong and long and I was shocked! I go to the doctor on Thursday so I will try to post another update on Thursday or Friday about that. Hopefully we’ll be hearing this little baby’s heartbeat!


No comments:

Post a Comment