On Monday we got a much appreciated call from Kate & Jason offering to bring us dinner that night. It was so welcome as I have been feeling so tired. They brought over fajitas from Pappasitos and it was really nice to see them and Baby Elizabeth. Jason arrived first with Elizabeth and Riley could have cared less. All he kept asking was “Where’s Kate?” I think Riley might have a small obsession with his godmother!
On Tuesday and Wednesday I was VERY proud of myself because I somehow found the energy to go to cycling and yoga classes at the gym. It was funny because cycling takes so much more energy, but it actually gave me a lot of energy also. After yoga, which doesn’t take as much energy, I felt like I had NO energy! I was so tired!
On Wednesday Riley spent the day with his Nana. She had wanted to take him outside to swim in his kiddie pools, but the weather was rainy/cloudy/temperamental so they did not get to do that. I should mention that after Riley spent the day with his Nana, he would randomly ask in the mornings after “Nana’s house?” while we were putting him in the car and we had to tell him “Not today” which did not make him very happy. He must have a lot of fun hanging out with his Nana!
On Thursday night Nana & Papa watched Riley so that I could go to KWC and see the show that Chad had been working on. I have to say that I don’t make it to all of Chad’s shows anymore because most of the time I am watching Riley, but I really need to make more of an effort to get a sitter and support Chad’s art. The show was really good and I had a good time seeing it!
On Tuesday and Wednesday I was VERY proud of myself because I somehow found the energy to go to cycling and yoga classes at the gym. It was funny because cycling takes so much more energy, but it actually gave me a lot of energy also. After yoga, which doesn’t take as much energy, I felt like I had NO energy! I was so tired!
On Wednesday Riley spent the day with his Nana. She had wanted to take him outside to swim in his kiddie pools, but the weather was rainy/cloudy/temperamental so they did not get to do that. I should mention that after Riley spent the day with his Nana, he would randomly ask in the mornings after “Nana’s house?” while we were putting him in the car and we had to tell him “Not today” which did not make him very happy. He must have a lot of fun hanging out with his Nana!
On Thursday night Nana & Papa watched Riley so that I could go to KWC and see the show that Chad had been working on. I have to say that I don’t make it to all of Chad’s shows anymore because most of the time I am watching Riley, but I really need to make more of an effort to get a sitter and support Chad’s art. The show was really good and I had a good time seeing it!
On Friday night I met up with Chad at Central Market after work. He had picked up Riley and Riley & I had plans to go to Burgers & Bock at Central Market that night. Chad decided he would get an early dinner there and then head to work. My friend Krystal and her sons Ethan & Caleb met us there and the whole reason we went is because our friend Michelle’s husband’s band was playing at the event. So Michelle and her son Jack were there as well. Once everyone arrived Riley decided to tell me that he had to go potty and so we went inside. I knew he had already gone, but Krystal decided to join us so that Ethan, who just finished potty training, could show Riley how it’s done. As the boys walked inside to the bathroom, I held Riley’s hand and told Riley to hold Ethan’s hand. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen! After we had our potty break, we went back outside where I watched Riley & Ethan play on the playground while Krystal & Caleb went to get everyone food. I got a small taste of what it would be like to have two boys, and while it was exhausting to keep track of them both, it was also a lot of fun! They both made me smile multiple times and I had a great time hanging out with them. The boys also got into the music and danced, which was so much fun to watch! We left about 7:40 because Riley was getting cranky and I am glad we did because I heard that the event got rained out a little later! We made it home just in time! Here are some pictures that Krystal took of the night:
(Don't know what face Riley is making here!)
(Caleb!)The cashier asked if they were brothers!)
(On the way back to the table)
(Ethan on the playground bridge)
(Riley on the playground - having fun!)
(Riley down the slide!)
(Ethan down the slide!)
(The boys thought this was so cool because they couldn't stand up straight under here!)
(Unfortunately, that meant Ethan bumped his head!)
(Riley sliding again!)
(Riley steering the wheel!)
(Here's Jack! He played with his older cousin a lot of the time!)
(Eating burgers & fries. The fries were seasoned so well! Yum!)
(Caleb eating a graham cracker! I think it turned to mush under his chin!)
(The boys dancing to the music - well, Riley bounced to the music!)
(More dancing!)
(This one makes me laugh! I think maybe Riley is concerned about getting a little brother or sister in February???)
(What Caleb looked like when we left! I wished I was sleeping too!)
On Saturday morning it was still raining, but I had made Riley an appointment to get his two year pictures taken at Target. I keep wanting to go somewhere else to get his pics done, but Target’s prices are too good to resist and the Portrait Studio at the Hurst location has really nice girls working there who do the best they can with my un-photogenic child! Riley did really good overall and the girl kept saying that for a two year old he was doing REALLY well. I was very proud of him and we got some good shots out of the deal. I had to pick one shot for my portrait package, but I went ahead and paid for the ability to view the files online. These are low-res images so they may not show up very well:















(This one was one of my favorites!)
(Another favorite!)
(But this one is the one I chose! I just like that it is a full body shot and that Riley is smiling!)
After pictures Riley was already getting tired because he had woken up at 6am, but I managed to get him to run by Party City with me first so that we could pick up party favors for his birthday party this weekend and also place our balloon order. After that I ran by Chick Fil A to pick him up some lunch, but he fell asleep before we got home. I saved his lunch for him and re-heated it once he woke up and he ate every bite! After he woke up we ran quickly to Costco to pick up some of the large food items for his birthday party. It was raining when we got to Costco (not hard, thankfully), but Riley could not stop saying “raining” and trying to slouch away from it. Also, Riley has decided that if I am going to make him sit in a shopping cart that he is going to sit in the back part where the groceries go, not in the child seat area. Thankfully, we weren’t buying much, so this was possible, but it could prove to be a pain in the future! We brought the food directly to my parents’ house, where the party is taking place and while we were there we checked out the new hardwood-look flooring they were installing in their front room. They were doing a really good job and the flooring looks really nice! They had plans to meet my Aunt Renee & Uncle Scott for dinner so they invited us along and we all ate at Flying Fish.
Sunday was the hardest day for me so far. I was coming off of a week where Chad had been working nights and we had been getting up a little bit earlier than usual so that Chad could get into the office early. Friday night and Saturday were busy and by Sunday I had zero energy left. That has to be the hardest part about this pregnancy so far is not being able to control the level of energy that I have. We met up with Grammy at Lucile’s for lunch and then I took Riley home for his nap. Thankfully, my mom knew how bad I was feeling and she offered for them to watch Riley while I went grocery shopping. So after he woke up, I brought him over to Nana & Papa’s and then went grocery shopping. To add to my bad day, earlier in the day I walked through a spider web outside and saw a giant spider leap off of me about 3 minutes later. Thankfully, I don’t think it bit me, but I chased after it to get a good idea of what it looked like, just in case. After Google searching I think it might have been a wolf spider. It looked kind of like this:

Yuck huh? After grocery shopping I fed the dogs and it was time for their monthly heartworm preventative and flea-tick meds. Niki’s meds are both pills, which she refused to swallow. I ended up chasing her around the house and forcing them down her throat, which was no fun for both of us. She then ran away from me and would not go outside, so I had to chase her some more. By the end of this I was at the end of my rope and then she decided to go limp so I had to push her towards the door. At this point she reached the end of her rope and bit me, which REALLY added to my bad day! I had NEVER been so glad to see a Monday before!
Riley was overall really cranky about his baths this past week. He never likes when his hair is washed, but usually he has fun in the bath the rest of the time. For the most part last week he hated bathtime. On Friday on the way home from Burgers & Bock he even said “No Wash Hair!” to me. Of course I washed it anyway, since he had pictures the next day. But this new bath mood really makes for a tiring evening. By the evenings I have used up almost all the energy I have left and then his mood takes even more energy out of me. He has also become obsessed with watching the TV, especially The Lion King and a specific episode of The Little Einsteins called 'The Good Knight and The Bad Knight'. I never thought he would become so TV-obsessed so young! And while sometimes I like the calm of sitting and watching with him, when he is not ready to stop watching he sure does throw a fit! The terrible twos are officially here! Wish us all luck!
On a final note: Happy Birthday last week to my high school friend, Rhonda & Happy 3 Year Anniversary to our friends Mike & Christina! We love you guys!
(On the way back to the table)
(Ethan on the playground bridge)
(Riley on the playground - having fun!)
(Riley down the slide!)
(Ethan down the slide!)
(The boys thought this was so cool because they couldn't stand up straight under here!)
(Unfortunately, that meant Ethan bumped his head!)
(Riley sliding again!)
(Riley steering the wheel!)
(Here's Jack! He played with his older cousin a lot of the time!)
(Eating burgers & fries. The fries were seasoned so well! Yum!)
(Caleb eating a graham cracker! I think it turned to mush under his chin!)
(The boys dancing to the music - well, Riley bounced to the music!)
(More dancing!)
(This one makes me laugh! I think maybe Riley is concerned about getting a little brother or sister in February???)
(What Caleb looked like when we left! I wished I was sleeping too!)On Saturday morning it was still raining, but I had made Riley an appointment to get his two year pictures taken at Target. I keep wanting to go somewhere else to get his pics done, but Target’s prices are too good to resist and the Portrait Studio at the Hurst location has really nice girls working there who do the best they can with my un-photogenic child! Riley did really good overall and the girl kept saying that for a two year old he was doing REALLY well. I was very proud of him and we got some good shots out of the deal. I had to pick one shot for my portrait package, but I went ahead and paid for the ability to view the files online. These are low-res images so they may not show up very well:















(This one was one of my favorites!)
(Another favorite!)
(But this one is the one I chose! I just like that it is a full body shot and that Riley is smiling!)After pictures Riley was already getting tired because he had woken up at 6am, but I managed to get him to run by Party City with me first so that we could pick up party favors for his birthday party this weekend and also place our balloon order. After that I ran by Chick Fil A to pick him up some lunch, but he fell asleep before we got home. I saved his lunch for him and re-heated it once he woke up and he ate every bite! After he woke up we ran quickly to Costco to pick up some of the large food items for his birthday party. It was raining when we got to Costco (not hard, thankfully), but Riley could not stop saying “raining” and trying to slouch away from it. Also, Riley has decided that if I am going to make him sit in a shopping cart that he is going to sit in the back part where the groceries go, not in the child seat area. Thankfully, we weren’t buying much, so this was possible, but it could prove to be a pain in the future! We brought the food directly to my parents’ house, where the party is taking place and while we were there we checked out the new hardwood-look flooring they were installing in their front room. They were doing a really good job and the flooring looks really nice! They had plans to meet my Aunt Renee & Uncle Scott for dinner so they invited us along and we all ate at Flying Fish.
Sunday was the hardest day for me so far. I was coming off of a week where Chad had been working nights and we had been getting up a little bit earlier than usual so that Chad could get into the office early. Friday night and Saturday were busy and by Sunday I had zero energy left. That has to be the hardest part about this pregnancy so far is not being able to control the level of energy that I have. We met up with Grammy at Lucile’s for lunch and then I took Riley home for his nap. Thankfully, my mom knew how bad I was feeling and she offered for them to watch Riley while I went grocery shopping. So after he woke up, I brought him over to Nana & Papa’s and then went grocery shopping. To add to my bad day, earlier in the day I walked through a spider web outside and saw a giant spider leap off of me about 3 minutes later. Thankfully, I don’t think it bit me, but I chased after it to get a good idea of what it looked like, just in case. After Google searching I think it might have been a wolf spider. It looked kind of like this:

Yuck huh? After grocery shopping I fed the dogs and it was time for their monthly heartworm preventative and flea-tick meds. Niki’s meds are both pills, which she refused to swallow. I ended up chasing her around the house and forcing them down her throat, which was no fun for both of us. She then ran away from me and would not go outside, so I had to chase her some more. By the end of this I was at the end of my rope and then she decided to go limp so I had to push her towards the door. At this point she reached the end of her rope and bit me, which REALLY added to my bad day! I had NEVER been so glad to see a Monday before!
Riley was overall really cranky about his baths this past week. He never likes when his hair is washed, but usually he has fun in the bath the rest of the time. For the most part last week he hated bathtime. On Friday on the way home from Burgers & Bock he even said “No Wash Hair!” to me. Of course I washed it anyway, since he had pictures the next day. But this new bath mood really makes for a tiring evening. By the evenings I have used up almost all the energy I have left and then his mood takes even more energy out of me. He has also become obsessed with watching the TV, especially The Lion King and a specific episode of The Little Einsteins called 'The Good Knight and The Bad Knight'. I never thought he would become so TV-obsessed so young! And while sometimes I like the calm of sitting and watching with him, when he is not ready to stop watching he sure does throw a fit! The terrible twos are officially here! Wish us all luck!
On a final note: Happy Birthday last week to my high school friend, Rhonda & Happy 3 Year Anniversary to our friends Mike & Christina! We love you guys!


Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI saw your blog on Jenns and wanted to check it out. You have a cute little boy, and he just turned 2? We have a little guy who will be 18 months at the end of August. Your blog is really cute and congrats on the new baby. I bet it is hard to keep up the energy when you already have a little boy needing your attention. But you are doing great if you can make it through a cycle class!
Hi Amy! I have also seen your blog through Jenn's! Linc is precious! And your blogs sound like mine - we just keep going and going! I'll post a comment on your blog soon too!
ReplyDelete