Today was my doctor's appointment. It went very well. The wait was not long and we were called back very quickly. My weight was taken and it seems I gained 4 pounds! That seems like a lot to me, but still only 5 pounds gained overall.
The nurse first drew blood for the spina bifida/downs syndrome testing. She then took my blood pressure, which she said again was good. We saw the physician's assistant today instead of the doctor. I had many questions that I had been saving up and I was able to ask them all and get them answered. I had been having some issues over the past couple weeks with some of the same problems I had after Riley was born. Nothing serious, but I wanted to mention it to the doctor as it may determine whether I deliver vaginally or have a c-section. The PA told me some medicine I can take to help the symptoms so hopefully that will be helpful.
I also asked about the flu shot as I have not gotten one yet. Riley has had the first of the two that he has to get, but Chad & I have not gotten ours. The PA told me that they do not give out the shots in their office so I can go to my regular doctor to get one. I will be figuring out the details for that as soon as I can. She also said they do not know the details for the swine flu vaccine yet, but hopefully by the time I go back they may have some details as to whether they are getting any doses or not.
My final concern was that I find myself sleeping on my back a lot and I could not remember when I needed to stop doing that. The PA just told me to listen to my body and it would tell me when to stop, that I would start feeling nauseous or lightheaded when I laid on my back and that is when I would know I need to lay only on my side.
After getting all these questions answered the PA got the Doppler out to listen to the baby's heartbeat. It was 151 bpm, which is slower than the last time. I wonder if the fact that I am on baby aspirin could have something to do with the slower heartbeat. The PA did not say that, but I was just wondering.
The nurse first drew blood for the spina bifida/downs syndrome testing. She then took my blood pressure, which she said again was good. We saw the physician's assistant today instead of the doctor. I had many questions that I had been saving up and I was able to ask them all and get them answered. I had been having some issues over the past couple weeks with some of the same problems I had after Riley was born. Nothing serious, but I wanted to mention it to the doctor as it may determine whether I deliver vaginally or have a c-section. The PA told me some medicine I can take to help the symptoms so hopefully that will be helpful.
I also asked about the flu shot as I have not gotten one yet. Riley has had the first of the two that he has to get, but Chad & I have not gotten ours. The PA told me that they do not give out the shots in their office so I can go to my regular doctor to get one. I will be figuring out the details for that as soon as I can. She also said they do not know the details for the swine flu vaccine yet, but hopefully by the time I go back they may have some details as to whether they are getting any doses or not.
My final concern was that I find myself sleeping on my back a lot and I could not remember when I needed to stop doing that. The PA just told me to listen to my body and it would tell me when to stop, that I would start feeling nauseous or lightheaded when I laid on my back and that is when I would know I need to lay only on my side.
After getting all these questions answered the PA got the Doppler out to listen to the baby's heartbeat. It was 151 bpm, which is slower than the last time. I wonder if the fact that I am on baby aspirin could have something to do with the slower heartbeat. The PA did not say that, but I was just wondering.
Finally, we set my next appointment. I was to go back in 4 weeks, but Chad has a giant work gig that would make it impossible for him to join me that week so we are getting to go back in just under 3 weeks. I go back on October 7 and I will have a sonogram where they will take measurements of the baby and hopefully we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!!! Riley was not very cooperative at this sonogram when I was pregnant with him and his umbilical cord was sitting in his lap so we were not able to find out his sex until much later. Please send good vibes my way that on October 7th we will find out what we are having!! I am very impatient to know!
And finally, here is a belly pic of me this morning at 16 weeks 4 days:
You are looking great. I bet you can't wait, 3 short weeks until you know. That is so much fun. Did you have a c-section the first time?
ReplyDelete