This past week has been insanely busy and stressful so this post will not be my usual long recap of the week's events. Some of you are probably thrilled at this as I have heard that some of my posts are really long....
The past week has been busy due 100% to work. My office is relocating to a new office building so last week was spent packing up our old office. I started the packing process on Tuesday afternoon and finished it on Friday. Not only did I have to find the time to pack my own office I also had to find the time to help the 7 people that I assist also pack their offices. For some this meant helping them pack a few items and label their boxes for them. For others this meant I packed their entire office. Needless to say, there were a few evenings that I headed straight home and took a bath to ease my aching muscles. And when the weekend arrived the moving finally began. The movers actually started moving things on Friday evening, but I was not required to work that evening. Here is what the office looked like when I left on Friday:
The past week has been busy due 100% to work. My office is relocating to a new office building so last week was spent packing up our old office. I started the packing process on Tuesday afternoon and finished it on Friday. Not only did I have to find the time to pack my own office I also had to find the time to help the 7 people that I assist also pack their offices. For some this meant helping them pack a few items and label their boxes for them. For others this meant I packed their entire office. Needless to say, there were a few evenings that I headed straight home and took a bath to ease my aching muscles. And when the weekend arrived the moving finally began. The movers actually started moving things on Friday evening, but I was not required to work that evening. Here is what the office looked like when I left on Friday:

(if I never see another orange moving bin it will be too soon....)


(photos courtesy of Tracy)
I did however have to work on Saturday starting at 7am and we worked until 5:30pm, when we were all so tired and delirious we were allowed to go home. We weren't required to work on Sunday, but every one of the girls that I work with ended up coming in to either set up their own desks or to work on making the office semi-presentable for Monday morning. I am so thankful to the girls I work with who put in WAY more hours than me this weekend. They were all very sweet to take care of me and make sure I wasn't doing too much or getting too tired. Yesterday, I only went in for an hour and a half to set up my desk and then I spent the rest of the day having lunch with Grammy and staying and home trying to recuperate for the week ahead. I am happy I did, especially after the morning I had today.....
I arrived at the new office at 8am this morning ready to start a new week in our new office. My desk did not have internet or network access when I arrived so I decided to go through a box of our new business cards that had arrived and deliver them to their recipients. The boxes were all sealed with packing tape so I needed scissors to open them. I opened the first box and had the scissors sitting open on my desk and I thought that didn't seem too safe so I picked up the scissors with both hands and went to close the blades. However, somehow I got my ring finger of my right hand caught in between the blades and cut a nice flap on the pad of my finger. I immediately saw the shape of the cut and knew I probably needed stitches. I was so mad at myself that tears sprang to my eyes. My office manager took me to the ER and I am sure we freaked everyone out as we ran out the door. I tried to say quickly that I cut my finger, the baby was fine, but I probably needed stitches. We went to the ER that my baby doctor is associated with, just in case, and let me tell you, 9am on a Monday is a great time to go to the ER. There was not a single person in the waiting room when I arrived. After a brief wait, I got two stitches and a tetanus shot and then finally discharged. I just feel like such a dork for accidentally cutting myself, but I am glad I knew quickly that it needed stitches and we got it taken care of.
So that is why this blog will not be as long as usual this week. I am tired and it's hard to type and I didn't get to see Riley or Chad as much as I wanted to this weekend. Riley had a pretty good week last week, although he has gotten really particular about which parent he prefers sometimes and when he is in a preferential mood, he usually wants Momma. He woke up twice on Saturday night, which hasn't happened in a really long time, so that night was a long one for both of us. Sorry guys, next week's blog will be better, I promise!
I did however have to work on Saturday starting at 7am and we worked until 5:30pm, when we were all so tired and delirious we were allowed to go home. We weren't required to work on Sunday, but every one of the girls that I work with ended up coming in to either set up their own desks or to work on making the office semi-presentable for Monday morning. I am so thankful to the girls I work with who put in WAY more hours than me this weekend. They were all very sweet to take care of me and make sure I wasn't doing too much or getting too tired. Yesterday, I only went in for an hour and a half to set up my desk and then I spent the rest of the day having lunch with Grammy and staying and home trying to recuperate for the week ahead. I am happy I did, especially after the morning I had today.....
I arrived at the new office at 8am this morning ready to start a new week in our new office. My desk did not have internet or network access when I arrived so I decided to go through a box of our new business cards that had arrived and deliver them to their recipients. The boxes were all sealed with packing tape so I needed scissors to open them. I opened the first box and had the scissors sitting open on my desk and I thought that didn't seem too safe so I picked up the scissors with both hands and went to close the blades. However, somehow I got my ring finger of my right hand caught in between the blades and cut a nice flap on the pad of my finger. I immediately saw the shape of the cut and knew I probably needed stitches. I was so mad at myself that tears sprang to my eyes. My office manager took me to the ER and I am sure we freaked everyone out as we ran out the door. I tried to say quickly that I cut my finger, the baby was fine, but I probably needed stitches. We went to the ER that my baby doctor is associated with, just in case, and let me tell you, 9am on a Monday is a great time to go to the ER. There was not a single person in the waiting room when I arrived. After a brief wait, I got two stitches and a tetanus shot and then finally discharged. I just feel like such a dork for accidentally cutting myself, but I am glad I knew quickly that it needed stitches and we got it taken care of.
So that is why this blog will not be as long as usual this week. I am tired and it's hard to type and I didn't get to see Riley or Chad as much as I wanted to this weekend. Riley had a pretty good week last week, although he has gotten really particular about which parent he prefers sometimes and when he is in a preferential mood, he usually wants Momma. He woke up twice on Saturday night, which hasn't happened in a really long time, so that night was a long one for both of us. Sorry guys, next week's blog will be better, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment