I am sure everyone is dying to know how Riley’s appointment at Cool Cuts 4 Kids went to fix his horrible hair cut. Our appointment was at 6:20pm last Monday and after picking Riley up I stopped through McDonalds to get a pre-dinner French fry snack for the road. I am glad I did because I forgot that one small part of one lane of Hulen was closed and after passing two stalled cars and then finally the closed lane, we made it to Cool Cuts 4 Kids 5 minutes before our appointment after spending over 35 minutes in the car. When we walked in Riley was really excited about the Nemo movie that was playing on the waiting area, but there wasn’t a wait so I asked him what seat he wanted to sit in, the taxi or the fire truck. He chose the fire truck and all was going well….until Kym, the stylist, put the mini cape on Riley. He fussed a bit, but not too bad. We changed the movie in the TV in front of his chair to Nemo, but that didn’t really help. Kym asked if I minded if she used hair trimmers and I said “no”, so off she went trimming Riley’s hair. He gradually got more and more upset, only pausing once, when in the movie Nemo’s mom is about to die, said “oh no”, watched for about 5 seconds, and then went back to screaming. It was a bit easier to hold him in the seat and even though I tried strapping him in, he wriggled out of it eventually. So basically, I just told Kym to tell me where she needed me and then I did my best to control my screaming writhing child. In the end Kym did a great job fixing his hair and we will definitely be going back there again. Even though it was a bit pricey, I did not feel bad that my child screamed through the whole thing. They signed up to cut children’s hair and they have to understand what they are getting themselves into. Plus the price tag was worth them having to listen to my child scream, I think. You can see pictures later in the blog of his new hair.
Monday was also our dear friend Kate’s birthday. She is Riley’s godmother and one of our closest friends. I think it is safe for me to post this here now, but the exciting news I got from friends a couple of weeks ago is that Kate is pregnant again! Their daughter, Elizabeth (our goddaughter) is 8 months old and we were so excited to find out that this time around Kate & I will be pregnant together!!!! She is due about two months after me. I love that our 2nd kids will be in the same grades and be so close in age! It will be fun being pregnant with her and fun going through this with her. Kate’s been feeling pretty sick this time around though, after not dealing with constant nausea with Elizabeth, so I am hoping she gets through that soon and starts to feel better soon!
On my pregnancy front, I (fingers crossed) think that I am through the worst of the nausea. I have pretty much felt pretty good for the last week. Last week I made it to the gym 4 times and so I finally met my goal for the first time since I have been pregnant and it felt great! At first I thought that I was feeling good because I was working out every day. This made me really nervous for the long weekend as I knew I wouldn’t be making it to the gym, but I felt good all weekend too, so I am thinking that the first trimester “crud” has come and gone. I had more of my appetite back this past week and ate things I hadn’t eaten or craved in weeks. With the holiday this week, my workout schedule is a little off, but I am still hoping to make it to the gym at least 3 times and keep myself feeling good. I think I am starting to have a bit of a belly, so I’ll have to take a belly pic soon and post it on here. I think I look especially pregnant in empire waist dresses, but I know it’s only going to get bigger….a lot bigger!!!
On Wednesday we had Kate, Jason & Elizabeth over for dinner and the boys made some really great burgers with grilled corn for dinner. Elizabeth was almost crawling, which she mastered by the end of the week and she really wanted Riley's sippy cup. Riley was very sweet with her, but he did talk to her like he talks to the puppy saying “No baby”. Jason & Chad got a chance to play the Wii and the game they play together is Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Much to our surprise, since the boys have been playing it a lot lately, Riley has been asking for “Lara Croft” sometimes for TV, so he & Chad have played it other times as well. I can’t believe my kiddo is already obsessed with a video game! What is in store for his future???
On Friday my parents picked Riley up from daycare and took him on a roadtrip to visit my grandmother, Memaw in a small country town about an hour from Austin. I have to say that I was a little sad to see him go, but I knew he was going to have a great time! I kept telling him that he would see his Memaw and he would get to see cows and horses. He had no idea what was in store for him! There are a lot of pictures here, but I just couldn’t bear to leave some out!
Monday was also our dear friend Kate’s birthday. She is Riley’s godmother and one of our closest friends. I think it is safe for me to post this here now, but the exciting news I got from friends a couple of weeks ago is that Kate is pregnant again! Their daughter, Elizabeth (our goddaughter) is 8 months old and we were so excited to find out that this time around Kate & I will be pregnant together!!!! She is due about two months after me. I love that our 2nd kids will be in the same grades and be so close in age! It will be fun being pregnant with her and fun going through this with her. Kate’s been feeling pretty sick this time around though, after not dealing with constant nausea with Elizabeth, so I am hoping she gets through that soon and starts to feel better soon!
On my pregnancy front, I (fingers crossed) think that I am through the worst of the nausea. I have pretty much felt pretty good for the last week. Last week I made it to the gym 4 times and so I finally met my goal for the first time since I have been pregnant and it felt great! At first I thought that I was feeling good because I was working out every day. This made me really nervous for the long weekend as I knew I wouldn’t be making it to the gym, but I felt good all weekend too, so I am thinking that the first trimester “crud” has come and gone. I had more of my appetite back this past week and ate things I hadn’t eaten or craved in weeks. With the holiday this week, my workout schedule is a little off, but I am still hoping to make it to the gym at least 3 times and keep myself feeling good. I think I am starting to have a bit of a belly, so I’ll have to take a belly pic soon and post it on here. I think I look especially pregnant in empire waist dresses, but I know it’s only going to get bigger….a lot bigger!!!
On Wednesday we had Kate, Jason & Elizabeth over for dinner and the boys made some really great burgers with grilled corn for dinner. Elizabeth was almost crawling, which she mastered by the end of the week and she really wanted Riley's sippy cup. Riley was very sweet with her, but he did talk to her like he talks to the puppy saying “No baby”. Jason & Chad got a chance to play the Wii and the game they play together is Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Much to our surprise, since the boys have been playing it a lot lately, Riley has been asking for “Lara Croft” sometimes for TV, so he & Chad have played it other times as well. I can’t believe my kiddo is already obsessed with a video game! What is in store for his future???
On Friday my parents picked Riley up from daycare and took him on a roadtrip to visit my grandmother, Memaw in a small country town about an hour from Austin. I have to say that I was a little sad to see him go, but I knew he was going to have a great time! I kept telling him that he would see his Memaw and he would get to see cows and horses. He had no idea what was in store for him! There are a lot of pictures here, but I just couldn’t bear to leave some out!
(Not too sure of that big cow!)
(Horses look a little friendlier, I guess)

(Checking things out with Papa)
(On Memaw's porch. Livestock in the background)
(With Nana. Checking out the cows.)


(What a big boy! Pretending to drive the tractor!)


(Helping Memaw feed the calf. Now that cow's more his size!)

(Taking a swimming break)
(I guess Memaw's porch needed some cleaning too!)






(Feeding the horses carrots!)



(With all the fun stuff outside I am not sure why they took a break for inside play, but oh well!)
(When Chad saw this one he said maybe we needed to get Riley a kitten.....too bad I am allergic!)
(Fun on the trampoline!)


(Walking down the road to the mailbox)
(He looks like he could fit in the mailbox!)
(Long walk back from the mailbox)
(With Memaw at church on Sunday)
(This is my favorite one! Both smiles are so great!!!)
(Big smiles and hugs in front of the house upon arriving home)Memaw is my dad’s mom and I just love that she is still young enough to have the energy to keep up with kids! I didn’t get to know my great-grandparents and I love that I think Riley is not only going to remember his great grandmothers, but he is also going to have really great memories with them!
Chad had to work a lot this weekend, but he was off on Friday night so we were able to have a date night. We went out for sushi for dinner and then went to see the movie, Extract. The movie was funny, but the preview was funnier than the actual movie. On Saturday I was able to sleep in and then I spent the day going grocery shopping and watching TV. It was nice and relaxing. Saturday night I went to a baby shower for my old friend from work, Tiffany. I was excited to give them the custom Booty Duty I had made for them. Tiffany’s husband, Matt is in the Air Force so I had an Air Force Booty Duty made for them. Booty Duties are carrying cases with a changing pad, wipes and diapers in it that my Aunt Tami introduced me to. She had one made for me when Riley was born and we bought a second so we could have one in each of our cars. They have now become the “thing” I buy for all my friends that are expecting. Jennifer at The Royal Details makes them for me and she also makes many other things. Check out her Etsy page for more details: www.theroyaldetails.etsy.com. She is so talented! You can also find a link to her to the right on this blog under “Sites I Like”. Anyway, it was really good to see Tiffany, who doesn’t live in Texas anymore and her husband seemed really excited about my gift!
On Sunday I slept in again and then waited for Riley to get home. Once he got home I gave him the biggest hug ever and we headed up to the theatre to see Chad because Chad had missed him too. After heading back home, my parents picked Riley & I up and we all picked Grammy up and went to dinner at Red Lobster since no one but me would have been available for our usual lunch. Riley only napped about 30 minutes on the way back from Memaw’s so by dinner he was being pretty cranky. I was happy to get him home and in bed and know that we still had all of Monday to hang out together.
Yesterday we slept in a again, although not as late since Riley was home. We got ready and ran a few errands with Chad and then went to Chick Fil A for lunch where we ran into one of my old college roommates, Lori. It was so good to see her and her husband Graham and their youngest daughter. After we ate Riley played in the playland for half an hour. He is getting really good at climbing the stairs to get to the slide, but he still wants Chad to stick his hands in the sides to help him climb up. After lunch we headed home for a nap. Riley napped for 3 hours and I napped for two. I worried that I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep last night, but I didn’t have any problems! Last night Jason came over for dinner and also so the boys could play another round of Lara Croft. It was a great relaxing weekend and I love that it is Tuesday already! Happy Labor Day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment