I’m worried if I don’t just get started on this week’s blog that it might never get written. I sit here with a severe sinus infection and ear infection. The vicodin is barely touching the pain, but I am so thankful for it, as before I got it I couldn’t even think straight. But first, I’ll go back to last week…
Riley had a couple of nights of rough sleep and he was continuing to cough. At one point he coughed right in my face and right there my infection probably began. He is doing better now, and no longer coughing so he must be over whatever it was he had. On Thursday I woke with a scratchy throat and decided to try to get on top of it quickly. I called my general practitioner and they called me in a z-pack, which I took for the next 5 days. I began to have very productive coughs and nose blows, which I attributed to the z-pack doing its job, even though I wasn’t feeling all that much better. Finished the z-pack on Monday, but by then the right side of my face had started to hurt. I went to see my obgyn today (which I will detail later) so I waited til then as I thought they might call me in something. They wouldn’t (I am starting to think it is their policy to not write non-pregnancy prescriptions) and they recommended that I go back to my gp. I made an appointment for 3:30pm this afternoon. Before I could get there I lost the hearing in my right ear and began to be in excruciating pain. I sobbed through my entire appointment and the doctor informed me that I had a severe sinus infection and lots of fluid in my ear. Thankfully, since I was in so much pain, they gave me a prescription for some GOOD pain killers as well as some stronger antibiotics that I will take for twice as long as I took the z-pack. I sobbed on my way to fill the prescription and the CVS people probably thought I was crazy with my blotchy face and red-rimmed eyes, but I was in too much pain to care. I took the first dose of meds in my car before I even left the CVS parking lot, and then I headed home to bed to wait for them to kick in. I can tell that they are working as I am not in excruciating pain, but I am definitely still in some pain. I can feel the pressure in my ear, it just doesn’t throb like my face got beat in at the moment. Riley’s Grandmommy & HaHa picked him up for their usual afternoon fun today and then offered for him to spend the night so Chad & I sit here in the living room on our laptops and I will probably head back to bed soon after I finish this.
On Friday night Chad & I took Riley to Chuck E Cheese for dinner. The whole way there he kept telling me he wanted to go to McDonald’s and I tried to tell him that where we were going would be more fun than McDonald’s, but if he didn’t think so when he saw it, we would leave and go to McDonald’s. Thankfully, he was excited when we arrived and we had a really fun evening of playing. It was hard to convince him to eat, but finally we got a few bites in him before we went to play in the big kids area.








On Saturday we got up and just before lunch, we drove out to Riley’s friend Ethan’s house. Ethan’s mom Krystal had invited Riley to spend the night. When we arrived we went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant by their house and once we got back I said my goodbyes and headed off. I was worried that Riley would want to come home as earlier in the week he was going to spend the night at Grandmommy & HaHa’s, but asked to come home before bed. Turns out he got thrown off when his normal pajamas were not there and we think that is why he asked to come home. I had nothing to worry about with him at Ethan’s though. Krystal said they had a great time and she took tons of photos for me: (The captions are all Krystal's - thank you!)
(Lunch at La Choza = YUMM)
(Boys just playing trains)
(ROCK STAR)
(Lil drummer boy)
(NAAAAAAAAAAh)
(They were playing peek a boo)


(Helping Daddy and PawPaw put the playset together)
(wrestling)
(Riley told me "no more monkeys jumping on the bed")
(The big boys trying to move the half put together playset from the porch into the yard)
(Helping me make a cake)
(Choc cake from scratch = DELISH)
(time to ice the cake)
(I mean eat the icing!)


(bath time)
(splish splash)
(a little movie time before bed)
(They play hard and they crash hard)

(Waffles for breakfast. yumm.)
(He's riding on a stick horse that you can't seen in the photo. too cute.)
Riley didn’t get in much of a nap on Saturday though and so when we met up to pick him up on Sunday he was really tired. So tired, in fact, that he would not even sit inside at our lunch table at Lucile’s. Luckily, the weather was okay, so Chad sat out on the Lucile’s patio with Riley while the rest of us sat inside. We went home after lunch and Riley napped for 3.5 hours! I think he would have slept longer, but I woke him up so he would sleep that night.
This week at work has been insanely busy for me. If this rate of work is any indication of our year, 2010 will be a good one! Unfortunately, my sinus infection has made it really hard to focus, so it feels like it takes me forever to get things done. Probably doesn’t really, but the pain just makes it seem longer.
This morning was my obgyn appointment for Carter. I think I gained 2 pounds in the last two weeks. They needed to take blood today and for some reason the nurse tried to do it while I was sitting on the exam table instead of doing it in the little lab room they have in the office. She missed my vein (big surprise) so she decided after one stick to send me downstairs to the Lab Corp after my appointment. I saw the physician’s assistant today and here are the highlights of the appointment: blood pressure was good (132/70), measurements were right on schedule, Carter’s heartbeat was 151 bpm, and I am not having any swelling. I will not have another sonogram unless one becomes medically necessary. This kind of makes me happy because it means that everything is going so well, that I don’t need one. It is strange to think that the next time I will see Carter will be in person, but I am just so happy that things are still going so well with the pregnancy.
Keep my health in your prayers, and until next week, when I am hopefully feeling much better, I will leave you with this small hint of where we are going on Friday:
(rodeo!)
Riley had a couple of nights of rough sleep and he was continuing to cough. At one point he coughed right in my face and right there my infection probably began. He is doing better now, and no longer coughing so he must be over whatever it was he had. On Thursday I woke with a scratchy throat and decided to try to get on top of it quickly. I called my general practitioner and they called me in a z-pack, which I took for the next 5 days. I began to have very productive coughs and nose blows, which I attributed to the z-pack doing its job, even though I wasn’t feeling all that much better. Finished the z-pack on Monday, but by then the right side of my face had started to hurt. I went to see my obgyn today (which I will detail later) so I waited til then as I thought they might call me in something. They wouldn’t (I am starting to think it is their policy to not write non-pregnancy prescriptions) and they recommended that I go back to my gp. I made an appointment for 3:30pm this afternoon. Before I could get there I lost the hearing in my right ear and began to be in excruciating pain. I sobbed through my entire appointment and the doctor informed me that I had a severe sinus infection and lots of fluid in my ear. Thankfully, since I was in so much pain, they gave me a prescription for some GOOD pain killers as well as some stronger antibiotics that I will take for twice as long as I took the z-pack. I sobbed on my way to fill the prescription and the CVS people probably thought I was crazy with my blotchy face and red-rimmed eyes, but I was in too much pain to care. I took the first dose of meds in my car before I even left the CVS parking lot, and then I headed home to bed to wait for them to kick in. I can tell that they are working as I am not in excruciating pain, but I am definitely still in some pain. I can feel the pressure in my ear, it just doesn’t throb like my face got beat in at the moment. Riley’s Grandmommy & HaHa picked him up for their usual afternoon fun today and then offered for him to spend the night so Chad & I sit here in the living room on our laptops and I will probably head back to bed soon after I finish this.
On Friday night Chad & I took Riley to Chuck E Cheese for dinner. The whole way there he kept telling me he wanted to go to McDonald’s and I tried to tell him that where we were going would be more fun than McDonald’s, but if he didn’t think so when he saw it, we would leave and go to McDonald’s. Thankfully, he was excited when we arrived and we had a really fun evening of playing. It was hard to convince him to eat, but finally we got a few bites in him before we went to play in the big kids area.








On Saturday we got up and just before lunch, we drove out to Riley’s friend Ethan’s house. Ethan’s mom Krystal had invited Riley to spend the night. When we arrived we went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant by their house and once we got back I said my goodbyes and headed off. I was worried that Riley would want to come home as earlier in the week he was going to spend the night at Grandmommy & HaHa’s, but asked to come home before bed. Turns out he got thrown off when his normal pajamas were not there and we think that is why he asked to come home. I had nothing to worry about with him at Ethan’s though. Krystal said they had a great time and she took tons of photos for me: (The captions are all Krystal's - thank you!)
(Lunch at La Choza = YUMM)
(Boys just playing trains)
(ROCK STAR)
(Lil drummer boy)
(NAAAAAAAAAAh)
(They were playing peek a boo)

(Helping Daddy and PawPaw put the playset together)
(wrestling)
(Riley told me "no more monkeys jumping on the bed")
(The big boys trying to move the half put together playset from the porch into the yard)
(Helping me make a cake)
(Choc cake from scratch = DELISH)
(time to ice the cake)
(I mean eat the icing!)

(bath time)
(splish splash)
(a little movie time before bed)
(They play hard and they crash hard)
(Waffles for breakfast. yumm.)
(He's riding on a stick horse that you can't seen in the photo. too cute.)Riley didn’t get in much of a nap on Saturday though and so when we met up to pick him up on Sunday he was really tired. So tired, in fact, that he would not even sit inside at our lunch table at Lucile’s. Luckily, the weather was okay, so Chad sat out on the Lucile’s patio with Riley while the rest of us sat inside. We went home after lunch and Riley napped for 3.5 hours! I think he would have slept longer, but I woke him up so he would sleep that night.
This week at work has been insanely busy for me. If this rate of work is any indication of our year, 2010 will be a good one! Unfortunately, my sinus infection has made it really hard to focus, so it feels like it takes me forever to get things done. Probably doesn’t really, but the pain just makes it seem longer.
This morning was my obgyn appointment for Carter. I think I gained 2 pounds in the last two weeks. They needed to take blood today and for some reason the nurse tried to do it while I was sitting on the exam table instead of doing it in the little lab room they have in the office. She missed my vein (big surprise) so she decided after one stick to send me downstairs to the Lab Corp after my appointment. I saw the physician’s assistant today and here are the highlights of the appointment: blood pressure was good (132/70), measurements were right on schedule, Carter’s heartbeat was 151 bpm, and I am not having any swelling. I will not have another sonogram unless one becomes medically necessary. This kind of makes me happy because it means that everything is going so well, that I don’t need one. It is strange to think that the next time I will see Carter will be in person, but I am just so happy that things are still going so well with the pregnancy.
Keep my health in your prayers, and until next week, when I am hopefully feeling much better, I will leave you with this small hint of where we are going on Friday:
(rodeo!)
No comments:
Post a Comment