Last Tuesday I had lunch with my friend Janssen from high school. She was the Senior Class President in high school and I was the Student Council President and so we recently got back in touch when we planned our high school reunion together. She is expecting her first child and so we had a lunch to talk all things “baby.” It was a lot of fun and I look forward to being a sounding board for her in these coming months!
Chad took Niki to the vet last Tuesday for her annual exam. I have had her on “Healthy Weight” dog food for awhile now and I was eager to see if she had lost any weight. She had lost 3 pounds, which is not as much as I would have hoped, but at least she didn’t gain. Not really sure if the dog food or just having a rambunctious puppy around helped her lose a little. Princess is now over a year old (her birthday was on January 2nd) so we are transitioning her over to adult dog food. It will be really nice to only have to buy one kind of dog food for the both of them. Both girls spent A LOT of time indoors last week with the frigid temperatures. We learned what things to put away and what doors to close to make sure they got in the least amount of trouble. I have to say I was pretty proud of them for behaving themselves inside and Princess is really growing up and calming down. She can still be pretty crazy at times, but if you give her time to calm down, she does. Looking back, I think that we got her at exactly the right time. She frustrated me to no end at first, but at least she is starting to grow up now that we will have a baby in the house soon. It will still take some adjusting I am sure, but I feel we are all better prepared for it now.
On Thursday I had a lovely lunch with my Aunt Tami and her friend, Marsha! It was so nice to realize how close we all work to each other! I think many future lunch dates will now be in the works!
On Friday morning we got a call from Riley’s school that the boiler had burst and school was going to be closed for the day. Chad had a KWC retreat all day and so we started scrambling for someone to watch Riley and also Elizabeth for Kate & Jason. We were so lucky to get in touch with Riley’s assistant teacher from his last class, Ms Kaylee, and she brought her 3 month old son JW over also. I was curious to hear how Riley did with a baby in the house and Kaylee said he did great! She is a superstar as when I went home at lunch to check on the dogs, she had all three kids sleeping! No clue how she pulled that off! She said that Riley would let her know if JW was crying by saying “The baby is crying!” and he would play with his toys and if JW seemed to enjoy it Riley would say “He likes it!” and play with the toy some more. Can’t wait to see how he reacts to Baby Carter!
On Friday night Chad & I had our first very adult night out in a long time. We were invited to Dallas to Chad’s friends Tom & Frances’ to celebrate his friend Drew’s 60th birthday at a small dinner party. They were such gracious hosts and cooked a really fabulous dinner! We had a great time visiting and eating and telling stories! The only thing missing for me was a good glass of wine! Very soon I will be able to indulge again! Riley spent the night with Nana & Papa that night so that Chad & I could also go to his grandfather’s memorial service the next day.
On Saturday night we met up with our friends Hillary, Jarrett & Aidan at Joe T Garcia’s for dinner! We had a really great time visiting with them. Aidan is going to turn 2 in March and it was neat to see the two boys interacting more than they ever have before. They were both fascinated with the guitar singers that were strolling the restaurant and they loved the toy dinosaur that Riley brought in with him. Riley was even sweet enough to show Aidan how to play with it and he even shared it a little!
(Listening to the guitar players!)
(Being silly on Daddy's shoulders!)
(Aidan & Riley interacting!)
(Getting really excited about the dinosaur toy!)
On Sunday morning we got up and took Riley for a haircut at Cool Cuts 4 Kids before we met Grammy, Nana & Papa for lunch. Riley still cried through the entire haircut, but the girl did a really great job on his hair. I finally got them to go short enough and to style it so that if we are unable to comb it in the morning, it doesn’t look as obvious! Chad & I are still marveling over how good his hair looks!
After the haircut we met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at La Madeleine for lunch. Riley decided to go home with Papa after lunch and I went home to get ready to go to my baby shower. Jason was coming over to meet Chad so they could play some video games during the shower. The shower was great fun! Everyone was so sweet with all the gifts they got for Baby Carter! A HUGE thank you goes out to Kate & Rebecca for hosting the shower! Another HUGE thanks goes out to my Aunt Tami for making the most beautiful cake for my shower! It looked like a small wedding cake, it was so pretty! I had a great time visiting with all the women and opening presents. After the shower my parents and Kate, Jason & Liz came over. The boys cooked up dinner while Kate & my mom helped me organize all the gifts and get what I needed upstairs!
"If Found, Please call - and my cell # - It was AWESOME!)
This week at work has been very busy and when I get home at night I have been too tired to finalize this week’s blog. On Monday night Riley had a rough night of sleep. He has been coughing a lot and Chad & I debated sending him to school yesterday. Chad finally decided to take him to school, but he only made it through nap time before they called to inform me that he had a fever and I needed to pick him up. I made an appointment to see Dr Crawford and we left school to go straight there. Strep has been going around his school, but his rapid strep test came back negative. They gave us some antibiotics to take for 5 days, but his cough last night was just miserable. He ended up not eating anything at all for lunch or dinner and went to bed coughing. I tried to prop his head up on his pillows to see if that would help. Chad & I went to bed early and I must have crashed because next thing I knew I could hear Chad with Riley. I went back to sleep and I must admit I slept better than I have in a long time. Chad (and Niki) both spent the night in Riley’s bed and I found out this morning that Riley started crying and when Chad went in to check on him, found that he had thrown up on his pillow. Chad was so sweet to stay the night in his room. Unfortunately, he is pretty tired today. Of course, when Riley is sick I feel so sorry for him and try to coddle him more than usual. When we went to CVS to get his prescription yesterday Riley led me straight to the candy aisle, where I let him buy two bags of m&ms. Come on though, who can resist this little cutie digging inside a m&m that’s as big as him??

This morning I had a doctor appointment for Carter. My dad was kind enough to work from home and watch Riley for us today and we are so thankful as I have so much going on at work and Chad had a work retreat to go to today. Since Chad was unable to attend my doctor’s appointment due to the retreat I invited my mom to join me. We started off our morning with breakfast at IHOP. It was so nice to have some girl time and be with her! I was back to a 4 pound weight gain at the doctor. My mom joked that maybe it would have only been 3 pounds if I hadn’t had all that breakfast in my tummy! My blood pressure was good and I was ecstatic about that! I will now officially make it longer without being put on bed rest than I did with Riley. This is a huge accomplishment for me and I am just so excited. It makes me think of Chad’s grandfather, Da. Whenever you would ask Da how he was doing, he would say “Still vertical!” That is how I feel right now! So blessed to still be vertical! The doctor is always so sweet, reassuring me that everything is looking good. My belly measurements were 33 cm and he said that is right on track for 33 weeks pregnant. My mom & I realized that maybe the measurements go along with how many weeks you are. She was WAY beyond the weeks in her measurements, so maybe Carter will not be gigantic after all! My mom got to hear Carter’s heartbeat and that was very cool. I go back to the doctor in two weeks again and then I start going weekly. Can’t believe we are getting so close to the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment