By the end of last week I was exhausted! Riley was waking up extra early in the morning and I already wasn’t sleeping very well, so by Friday I was so happy that the weekend had arrived. On Friday night we spent a very low-key night at home. I picked up dinner on the way home and after putting Riley to bed and catching up on some TV, Chad & I went to bed as well.
On Saturday morning Chad went in to the office to work on some prep for the opera festival. Riley and I had a nice morning at home cuddling on the couch, watching TV and also playing with Play-Doh on the kitchen floor. We got a giant bin of Play-Doh from our friends for Christmas, in addition to the Play-Doh set we got Riley for Christmas, so we have lots of Play-Doh in our house! The bin had these little presses that could make different Play-Doh shapes. Riley especially liked for me to make him violins and snowmen. Each time I made him a snowman, he would then request that I put some “snow” (a blob of Play-Doh) down for the snowman and then he would squish the snowman in to the “snow” and promptly request that I make him another snowman! He also surprised me that he knew what a violin was. I was calling the violin a guitar and he corrected me that it was a violin. Upon closer inspection, he was totally right! So I made lots of violins, which we played like guitars and sang songs to. It was a blast!
Riley must have been pretty tired though because after Play-Doh he laid on the couch and I turned on an episode of Little Einsteins. I thought he was watching, and he was on the edge of the couch, when next thing I knew he rolled off the couch and right on to the floor! He had fallen asleep! I think he was still half asleep, as he just had a shocked look on his face and said “I fall off the couch!” and I picked him up and rocked him for a second and then he crawled off my lap, back to the couch (further from the edge, thank goodness!) and promptly fell back asleep, where he slept for almost 3 hours! I didn’t move him, and just let him stay on the couch because he looked so comfortable! While he slept I showered and got ready and Chad brought home some lunch.
After we ate, I left to go co-host a baby shower for Kate. She is due 8 weeks after me and we were worried about getting her shower taken care of before Carter arrives. Chad’s mom hosted the shower with me and thankfully opened up her home to all the guests. We had a great time visiting and Kate got some cute presents! My aunt Tami made a cake again and it was a pirate themed cake for Kate’s baby boy. The cake was a HIT and so unbelievable! Every bit of the cake was edible, except for one small necklace that said “baby” in the treasure chest! Tami’s cake skills are truly extraordinary!!!
On Saturday morning Chad went in to the office to work on some prep for the opera festival. Riley and I had a nice morning at home cuddling on the couch, watching TV and also playing with Play-Doh on the kitchen floor. We got a giant bin of Play-Doh from our friends for Christmas, in addition to the Play-Doh set we got Riley for Christmas, so we have lots of Play-Doh in our house! The bin had these little presses that could make different Play-Doh shapes. Riley especially liked for me to make him violins and snowmen. Each time I made him a snowman, he would then request that I put some “snow” (a blob of Play-Doh) down for the snowman and then he would squish the snowman in to the “snow” and promptly request that I make him another snowman! He also surprised me that he knew what a violin was. I was calling the violin a guitar and he corrected me that it was a violin. Upon closer inspection, he was totally right! So I made lots of violins, which we played like guitars and sang songs to. It was a blast!
Riley must have been pretty tired though because after Play-Doh he laid on the couch and I turned on an episode of Little Einsteins. I thought he was watching, and he was on the edge of the couch, when next thing I knew he rolled off the couch and right on to the floor! He had fallen asleep! I think he was still half asleep, as he just had a shocked look on his face and said “I fall off the couch!” and I picked him up and rocked him for a second and then he crawled off my lap, back to the couch (further from the edge, thank goodness!) and promptly fell back asleep, where he slept for almost 3 hours! I didn’t move him, and just let him stay on the couch because he looked so comfortable! While he slept I showered and got ready and Chad brought home some lunch.
After we ate, I left to go co-host a baby shower for Kate. She is due 8 weeks after me and we were worried about getting her shower taken care of before Carter arrives. Chad’s mom hosted the shower with me and thankfully opened up her home to all the guests. We had a great time visiting and Kate got some cute presents! My aunt Tami made a cake again and it was a pirate themed cake for Kate’s baby boy. The cake was a HIT and so unbelievable! Every bit of the cake was edible, except for one small necklace that said “baby” in the treasure chest! Tami’s cake skills are truly extraordinary!!!
While we were at the shower, Chad took Riley to the Stock Show. We are going to the rodeo at the end of the month, but Chad really wanted to make sure Riley got some time at the Stock Show as well. Plus, they drive by the midway everyday when Chad takes Riley to school and Riley always points to the midway and says “Daddy, go this way!” I am so glad they went, as it looks like they had a fabulous time! Of course, Riley found the mini train, and Chad let him ride it 12 times! They also checked out all the animals, went to the petting zoo twice and also rode some other rides. We are going to try and hit the Stock Show up again when we go to the rodeo, but this way we won’t feel so rushed to fit it all in!
After Kate was properly showered with gifts and Riley was appropriately worn out from the Stock Show, we all met up at Kate & Jason’s for dinner and to help Kate organize her gifts. We ordered pizza and Riley and Elizabeth played. At one point Riley climbed on Liz’s back and said “cheese!” so we took their picture:
Not sure why he thought this made a good photo pose, but it sure did make us all laugh! Yesterday, we had a day to ourselves, which rarely happens on a Sunday since we usually always have lunch with Grammy. Due to the noon Cowboys game, we cancelled lunch. Instead we got up and got dressed and went to Yogi’s for pancakes. I don’t know what we did right, but Riley ate his pancake like a champ! He probably ate over half of it and their pancakes are not small! We were so proud of him. All I can think of is that we got there around 10am and he had not eaten anything else that morning, so he was properly hungry and we talked about the pancakes for a good hour before so he was ready! Unfortunately, when we went grocery shopping after, Riley decided to become quite a handful. Chad had a moment where Riley ran down the card aisle, grabbed a handful of cards and then ran to the back of the store, throwing the cards one by one as he ran. Geez! The only time he was well-behaved was right before we went in and Chad let him stand on the big red ball again:
I guess he was tired, because he fell asleep on the way home. I was determined to get our house cleaned up a little, so during the depressing Cowboys game I cleaned up the house. Chad was a champ to help out as well, especially once it was clear the Cowboys were going to lose. After the game we went by Babies R Us to make some registry exchanges and then we went to Wal-Mart where I bought some photo albums. I have been collecting Riley’s artwork from school since he started and it was starting to take over my fridge and a cabinet in my formal dining room. Grammy always kept an album of the artwork I made her and so I decided to continue this tradition. Last night I organized it all and also started on filling in Carter’s baby book. I feel so accomplished! Sometime this week or weekend I hope to organize some clothes upstairs in Carter’s room and as soon as I get some bins from Land of Nod, I will be pretty much finished with his room. After we got home from running errands, Chad (with a little bit of help from Riley) did a little leaf raking in our front yard. Riley thought it was fun to stand in the Yard cart and help squish down the leaves.
However, he soon discovered a large leaf pile in our next door neighbor’s yard and promptly went over there and jumped right in. After the yard work, and once it started getting dark, we went inside, but not before our neighbor Amy came over, with a baby gift for Carter. While there we of course told her about Riley’s pink dress and she wanted to see it before she left. When we showed it to her, Riley wanted to put it on, and Amy insisted that we take some pictures. So here you have it folks. Get ready for me to embarrass my son!
No comments:
Post a Comment