Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring is in the air

First off, I think I need to clarify something I wrote last week. I wrote when talking about Carter’s sleep habits, that I didn’t know where he would be next week. Some people took that to mean that I didn’t know where he would be going when I went back to work. Thankfully, we have had a plan for awhile now, for my Memaw to come into town to watch Carter until my mom gets out of school for the summer. Then my mom will watch Carter through the summer and he will start at Riley’s daycare in August. Sorry to confuse some of you and we are thrilled about our plan for Carter’s care. What I meant about not knowing where he would be was that I didn’t know how well he would be sleeping by the time I went back to work and I was worried about being sleep-deprived. I am thrilled to report that Carter has been sleeping great; just waking up for one feeding in the night sometime between 2am and 5am. He has also started smiling and I have tried to get a picture, but he has not cooperated! Riley is a very helpful big brother and last week he insisted that I take his picture while he sat in Mommy & Daddy’s bed with Carter.



Last Tuesday Carter & I took Riley in for his bi-annual dentist check up. All looked good and she told us to just make sure we are brushing his teeth for him, which is really hard because Riley wants to do everything himself right now. We also never really got a handle on brushing his teeth for him, so it is always a battle. I guess we’ll try to work on that for the next 6 months and with Carter I will do things differently and start out brushing his teeth myself and not let him do it himself first!

Riley also is getting better on his potty training. Ms Carmen at school told us that he is ready for Pull Ups and so we will be switching to those as soon as he finishes the last of the diapers we have for him. He is doing well at going potty at school, but is still not wanting to go at home. Not sure when he is going to realize that he can go at home also.

I picked up and dropped of Riley at school a lot this past week because Chad has been working for Dallas Opera. On Wednesday, after we dropped Riley off, Carter & I took my car for an oil change & car wash before heading to my 6 week post partum doctor visit. Everything has healed up nicely and I can resume all my regular activities. I am most excited about getting back to yoga and the gym classes I take on my lunch break. After the doctor visit, Carter & I stopped by the YMCA to reinstate my gym membership.

We had a busy weekend as Riley, Carter & I headed out of town to Flatonia, Texas for my cousin Lana’s wedding. My parents drove us and we left on Saturday morning. The wedding was on Saturday late afternoon and we had such a great time seeing all my Dad’s family and visiting with them. The highlights were Carter getting to meet everyone (especially my Memaw) for the first time and also I got to meet my cousin Heath and his wife, Rebecca for the first time. Heath was adopted and recently found his birth mom, my aunt Tanya, and so it was so cool to finally know him and his family!

Lana was a beautiful bride and I wish her and her husband Cody a lifetime of happiness!



Unfortunately, I spent so much time visiting with everyone that I failed to take many pictures. I did get these few of Riley trying to fly his plane under Lana’s wedding dress!







My parents were so smart to suggest that we pack up some toys for Riley Aaron & Riley Scott to play with at the reception. They had a blast with Riley’s stick horses and his PlayDoh.

It was a quick trip and an exhausting weekend, but well worth it. We were very happy to get back to Fort Worth and back to Chad, although Riley wanted to go straight over to Nana & Papa’s to play, so he did!

This morning on my drive to the grocery store, I noticed all the trees in bloom on my favorite street in the neighborhood and so I snapped this photo!



Unfortunately, with all the trees in bloom, my allergies are going crazy so I stay indoors as much as I can and load up on my allergy pills and eye drops every morning.

In closing, Riley had his class photo taken at the end of March and here is a peek for you:



He looks like such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment