Tried my best this week to enjoy my last week of maternity leave. It’s a little sad that I won’t be spending so much time with Carter. He has become quite the Mommy’s boy and I must admit he does prefer to be with me, so it will be good for him to start being around other people more. I hope he doesn’t give Memaw too hard a time at first!
On Wednesday I had a dentist appointment around lunch time so Chad stayed home with Carter. I had a good appointment, although my gums had been more tender while I was pregnant so flossing everyday hurt a bit more than usual. The dentist says that my gums should return back to their tough selves soon.
On Wednesday, Riley spent the afternoon with Grandmommy. They hung out at her office for a bit before heading to the bookstore, one of Riley’s favorite places. He likes the Barnes & Noble bookstores because they have a train table set up in the kids section and he likes to play on that and look at books with Grandmommy.
On Wednesday I had a dentist appointment around lunch time so Chad stayed home with Carter. I had a good appointment, although my gums had been more tender while I was pregnant so flossing everyday hurt a bit more than usual. The dentist says that my gums should return back to their tough selves soon.
On Wednesday, Riley spent the afternoon with Grandmommy. They hung out at her office for a bit before heading to the bookstore, one of Riley’s favorite places. He likes the Barnes & Noble bookstores because they have a train table set up in the kids section and he likes to play on that and look at books with Grandmommy.


After the bookstore they headed home for dinner and afterwards took a walk around their neighborhood, where Riley took his fishing pole with him in his stroller. Aunt Patrice also bought Riley a coloring book and they had fun looking at that also.

Chad & I were able to catch up on TV that day, which was nice. I am sure with me going back to work we are going to get REALLY behind on our TiVo. We were also able to sleep in on Thursday, which was so nice. We did have to get up with Carter a couple of times, but we slept until 9:30am, which is unheard of if Riley is home.
On Thursday Chad went to Dallas for lunch and some meetings and Carter and I ran around doing some last errands before I head back to work. We also stopped by Mike, Christina & Macey’s on our way home and visited with Christina for a bit.
That evening after dinner Chad suggested that we go get ice cream and so we got in the car. Riley wanted to take his guitar and so when he got in his seat he started singing “Twinkle Twinkle” and I managed to get it on video!
On Thursday Chad went to Dallas for lunch and some meetings and Carter and I ran around doing some last errands before I head back to work. We also stopped by Mike, Christina & Macey’s on our way home and visited with Christina for a bit.
That evening after dinner Chad suggested that we go get ice cream and so we got in the car. Riley wanted to take his guitar and so when he got in his seat he started singing “Twinkle Twinkle” and I managed to get it on video!
Then he started in on the ABCs and surprised us that he knew them all!
Of course he got camera shy, but I am so excited that I got them on video!
On Friday we got up bright and early to get ready for the Jake Remembered Golf Tournament, which started at 8am. This was good practice for Monday also. We made it out of the house by 6:50am, which was our goal, but Riley was so confused that it was still sort of dark and tried to tell us that he would wait on the porch until the sun came up! He is also not used to getting up that early and going to school and so when he got to school no one from his class was there yet. He asked “where’s my guys?” since his whole class is boys and was assured that they would get there soon with donuts!
We got to Benbrook for the tournament in plenty of time! Of course Carter was dressed in his golf clothes!
On Friday we got up bright and early to get ready for the Jake Remembered Golf Tournament, which started at 8am. This was good practice for Monday also. We made it out of the house by 6:50am, which was our goal, but Riley was so confused that it was still sort of dark and tried to tell us that he would wait on the porch until the sun came up! He is also not used to getting up that early and going to school and so when he got to school no one from his class was there yet. He asked “where’s my guys?” since his whole class is boys and was assured that they would get there soon with donuts!
We got to Benbrook for the tournament in plenty of time! Of course Carter was dressed in his golf clothes!

The guys all headed off to play and I stayed at the pavilion with Carter to get it ready for the lunch afterwards and to watch over the prizes. It was pretty chilly, but Carter was bundled up and toasty in his stroller. I wished I had brought a coat though!

The tournament was such a success and we learned so much about how we want to do it better for next year! After the tournament Chad & I left Carter with my Mom and we headed to get a couples massage! It was so amazing! I was shocked at how many knots I had in my shoulders and back from holding Carter. I don’t think the therapist managed to get them all out! But it felt nice nevertheless! After the massage we went to pick Riley up at school and then pick Carter up from Nana & Papa’s. We then met up with Kate, Jason & Elizabeth for dinner at Pappas Burger & had fun catching up with them. Kate’s baby, Zachary is going to be induced on Thursday and so it may have been our last dinner as 7 people! I can’t wait to meet my godson!
Yesterday we got up and got ready and took Carter to my parents’ house for Nana to babysit. Chad & I had some special time planned for Riley. We first went to Yogi’s for pancakes and then headed to the movies to see ‘How to Train Your Dragon.’ Riley has been collecting the dragon toys from McDonalds and I promised him I would take him to see the movie. He was really excited and did great in the movie. Of course, he insisted upon having popcorn and so we all shared some! The movie was really good and I think he liked it! He & Chad also took some really cute pictures in a photo booth at the movie theater.
Yesterday we got up and got ready and took Carter to my parents’ house for Nana to babysit. Chad & I had some special time planned for Riley. We first went to Yogi’s for pancakes and then headed to the movies to see ‘How to Train Your Dragon.’ Riley has been collecting the dragon toys from McDonalds and I promised him I would take him to see the movie. He was really excited and did great in the movie. Of course, he insisted upon having popcorn and so we all shared some! The movie was really good and I think he liked it! He & Chad also took some really cute pictures in a photo booth at the movie theater.




Yesterday afternoon I went to get a pedicure so my toes would be pretty in my work shoes next week and afterwards I met up with Chad, Riley & Carter at the grocery store. Since Carter has been born Riley has been doing really great at the grocery store. We let him help get the groceries and he seems to like that and he is very helpful and usually gets in the cart when he is asked to. He calls the cart a fire truck cart and when he gets in, he pantomimes putting on a fireman hat that he gets from the bottom of the cart. It’s so cute!!
This morning Chad headed to Dallas for work and I got the boys ready and we went with Nana to meet Grammy & Kip for lunch at Lucile’s for the first time since January! It was so nice to see Grammy and catch up with her and Kip got to meet Carter for the first time!
This morning Chad headed to Dallas for work and I got the boys ready and we went with Nana to meet Grammy & Kip for lunch at Lucile’s for the first time since January! It was so nice to see Grammy and catch up with her and Kip got to meet Carter for the first time!

After lunch we headed home for naps and tonight we will go to Nana & Papa’s to give Memaw last minute instructions since she will start watching Carter tomorrow! Can’t believe it’s time to go back to work, but I am excited to get back to it!
Good luck! I go back on Tuesday too. Didn't the time just fly by?!? I keep telling myself there are only 7 weeks left of school and those should fly by also. Have a good week back!
ReplyDelete