Well, my first week back as a working mom has come to a close and man, was it exhausting!! Chad had to be in Dallas by 8am all this week and so we would get up around 5:45am to start getting ready. He took Carter to my parents’ house (all days except Thursday) and they were gone by 6:40am. That was about the time I would wake Riley up, with the goal of us being in the car by 7:15am. This went well most days, except for Friday, when I think the week caught up with Riley and he spent the morning throwing tantrums, which in turn made us late. He was very clingy every morning that I dropped him off at daycare. I think this was because he was the first person in his class to arrive and none of his “guys” were there so he wanted me to stay. On Friday he was not the first to arrive, but that was tantrum morning, so he was still clingy. He is not used to getting to school so early since Carter has been born and so I am sure it will take some time to get back into our routine. I wish he were going to bed earlier, as I am sure he needs more sleep, but it’s so hard to get him in bed any earlier when we are not even getting home until 6pm at the earliest, usually later if we play at Nana & Papa’s for a bit when we pick up Carter.
Carter’s first week with Memaw went great! My mom has been waiting each morning for Carter to get there so she can see him for a bit before she heads to school. On his first day she was so sweet and took some pictures of his first day.
Carter’s first week with Memaw went great! My mom has been waiting each morning for Carter to get there so she can see him for a bit before she heads to school. On his first day she was so sweet and took some pictures of his first day.


The best news of the week is that Carter started sleeping through the night (mostly!) Since he is 2 months old now, I am able to start feeding him more formula at each feeding. After his first day with Memaw I started giving him 6 oz before bed (and 5 oz every 4 hours during the day) and that night he did not wake up until 5:20am!! I, of course, woke up at 5am, shocked, and couldn’t fall back asleep. I just lay in bed waiting to hear him start making noise. Of course we didn’t know if it was a fluke or not and on Tuesday night he did almost as good. He woke up at 3:30am, but I just went in quietly and changed his diaper and turned on his music box and he went back to sleep until 5am. Wednesday night was the worst night of the week. Carter woke up around 2am and Chad went in to change his diaper. Well, I had been shoving Chad all night, telling him to stop snoring so he decided to just sleep in Carter’s room. I don’t know what was wrong, but Carter was off and on upset until 4am when Chad came down and asked me to feed him. I really wanted him to make it until at least 5am, so I went up and gave him some Mylicon, thinking he might be gassy. He immediately calmed down for about 15 minutes. When he started fussing again I got up and just rocked him in the glider where he fell asleep in my arms until I tried to lay him down at 4:45am. Well, he woke up again and since we were so close to 5am I fed him. I had a really rough day on Thursday though since I had been up since 4am and by the evening I was practically in meltdown mode when Chad called to tell me he needed to work late. Thankfully, my mom came over to help get the boys in bed even though she was exhausted herself. Carter slept much better Thursday night and didn’t wake up until 5am! On Friday night he hadn't woken up by 5:45am so I had to wake him to eat so we didn't get too off schedule! So, I think it’s safe to say we are on a trend now and I am really happy about this change in his sleep habits. It couldn’t have come at a better time, with me going back to work!
Riley spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha on Wednesday and they didn’t send any pictures this time, but I have this really cute one from last week that I didn’t get before I wrote last week’s blog.
Riley spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha on Wednesday and they didn’t send any pictures this time, but I have this really cute one from last week that I didn’t get before I wrote last week’s blog.

I had a good week at work and picked a great time to come back as it was Administrative Professionals Week this week! On Wednesday, my work sent me to get a massage and let me have the rest of the afternoon off! I so enjoyed my massage and afterwards ran by Central Market to pick up dinner for me & Chad. Then I went home and picked up Princess to take her to her annual vet appointment. When we got there she was really protective of me and barked at the vet and the nurse. The decided to take her out of the room, and away from me for the exam and when the vet brought her back she was wagging her tail and he said as soon as they got her away from me, she was the vet’s best friend. He gave her three treats while we talked, but he made her sit to get them. I didn’t think she knew how to sit on command as we have only been able to get her to do that sporadically, but she sat for the vet all three times, so she made me look like a really good mom! She weighed 21 lbs, which is way less than I expected her to be at 16 months old. The vet also said she still looks like a puppy and may be one of those dogs that looks like a puppy, even when they are an adult.
In other news, Kate almost went into labor this week, but when she got to the hospital they found out she was dehydrated and started an IV, which stopped her labor. Turns out she had a virus and it would have been really unsafe for her to have the baby. She was supposed to be induced on Wednesday, but they postponed it until this Monday, April 26. I was really excited to meet my godson, Zachary, but am patiently awaiting Monday now. Kate was sent home on bedrest, which I think is the best thing for her right now, as she would not have rested on her own! On Friday night we brought pizza over to their house and had a really nice time visiting!
Yesterday was a great day! To start it was mine & Chad’s 6 year wedding anniversary! Our presents to each other was our couples massages last week since we didn’t know if Chad’s work schedule would allow him to be home on our anniversary. He ended up able to be home, so he worked in the yard in the morning and I did laundry. After that I made some chicken tenders for lunch and then Riley went down for a nap. Chad & I caught up on some TiVo and after Riley woke up we took the boys to Nana & Papa’s to spend the night. Carter’s first overnight away from both of us! After we dropped them off Chad & I did our weekly grocery shopping and then we came home to change clothes. We went out to dinner at Uncle Julio’s and shared some yummy margaritas and food while sitting on their patio. The weather was fabulous and you couldn’t ask for a better day! Last night we fell asleep early and slept for over 12 hours!!! We both couldn’t remember the last time we slept that long! I think it had been years! We are about to head to lunch with Grammy and my family and hopefully will have just as great a day today!
In other news, Kate almost went into labor this week, but when she got to the hospital they found out she was dehydrated and started an IV, which stopped her labor. Turns out she had a virus and it would have been really unsafe for her to have the baby. She was supposed to be induced on Wednesday, but they postponed it until this Monday, April 26. I was really excited to meet my godson, Zachary, but am patiently awaiting Monday now. Kate was sent home on bedrest, which I think is the best thing for her right now, as she would not have rested on her own! On Friday night we brought pizza over to their house and had a really nice time visiting!
Yesterday was a great day! To start it was mine & Chad’s 6 year wedding anniversary! Our presents to each other was our couples massages last week since we didn’t know if Chad’s work schedule would allow him to be home on our anniversary. He ended up able to be home, so he worked in the yard in the morning and I did laundry. After that I made some chicken tenders for lunch and then Riley went down for a nap. Chad & I caught up on some TiVo and after Riley woke up we took the boys to Nana & Papa’s to spend the night. Carter’s first overnight away from both of us! After we dropped them off Chad & I did our weekly grocery shopping and then we came home to change clothes. We went out to dinner at Uncle Julio’s and shared some yummy margaritas and food while sitting on their patio. The weather was fabulous and you couldn’t ask for a better day! Last night we fell asleep early and slept for over 12 hours!!! We both couldn’t remember the last time we slept that long! I think it had been years! We are about to head to lunch with Grammy and my family and hopefully will have just as great a day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment