Sunday, June 20, 2010

"I love him"

Unfortunately, my week did not start out all that great. On Monday I walked out to my car after the end of a long work day to discover that I had a flat tire! Thankfully, a really nice broker, who had just started in our office last Friday offered to change my tire in his nice work clothes. Thankfully our receptionist called the building maintenance and they came out also to help. My spare was changed in under 10 minutes and I headed straight to NTB to see about getting it fixed. After waiting almost 2 hours they told me I had a nail in my sidewall, which is not fixable and they did not have my tire size in stock. I tried another NTB, as well as 2 Wal-Marts on the way home before giving up and just heading home. The next day I ended up ordering a new tire from the Wal-Mart closest to my office and I am now just waiting on them to call and let me know it has arrived.

I did manage to workout on Monday, by going to yoga, but then it all went downhill the rest of the week. Tracy, my motivator, was on vacation and boy am I lazy when I don’t have someone else making me accountable! I didn’t work out the rest of the week! I even ate horribly a couple of days, and here’s the hilarious part! I still managed to lose 2.5 pounds this week! Go figure! One day I did have an excuse for not working out, as Chad & I went to sign our revised wills at our lawyer’s office. We added Carter to our wills and so we are happy to have that checked off the list!

Chad had to work a couple of nights this week and we took advantage of the fact that Papa was out of town, so we kept Nana company by bringing over dinner and letting Riley swim in his pools at her house. He had a blast! The first night he even accidentally sprayed the water hose straight into my face, which was actually pretty hilarious!















Carter has been doing great at Nana’s and one day she asked that I put some shoes on him so he could get some traction while playing in his walker. We tried on about 8 pairs before we finally found the best fitting ones and they were so cute when I put them on him that morning I had to take a picture! (Thanks Aunt Rebecca for the awesome shoes!)



On Wednesday Haha picked Riley up from school and took him to McDonald’s for dinner, where he jumped on rocks and had fun!



Grandmommy’s Achilles tendon surgery was early Thursday morning and it went great. She is now in a cast and recuperating at home. Chad saw her the afternoon of the surgery and Riley and I got to see her on Friday.

On Friday night I had some sprinkler repair guys come to the house to work on our sprinkler system. We had a zone that had not been working for awhile, but we were scared of how much it might cost to fix and so we had put it on the back burner until we could afford it. The guys came out and went over the whole system, fixing minor things and they fixed the broken zone also. We will have them come back out at the end of the summer after we have designs for our deck and play area finalized and maybe have them move or cap off some heads. Nana came over to help with the boys while the sprinkler guys were here and we ordered pizza and she stayed for bathtime. Riley told us he wanted Carter to get in the tub with him so we put Carter in and the boys were both so thrilled to be bathing together! It was the cutest thing!





Yesterday morning we woke up to go to swim lessons. We knew we couldn’t stay after and swim so we swam with Riley for about 15 minutes before class and then we took the boys to their classes. I did Carter’s class with him and Chad was with Riley. Riley still did not like working on swimming on his back and he told us he was scared. He tried though and really did a good job.

After swim lessons we headed straight home to try and get Riley down for an early nap. Luckily, he woke up at 6am, so it wasn’t too difficult. He needed to take an early nap because at 1pm we went to Riley Scott’s 3rd Birthday Party at Pump It Up! It was so much fun. My mom and Aunt Tami were there and they both held Carter so Chad & I could bounce with the boys. Riley did make Nana jump with him some, which was so much fun!

(How Carter spent most of the party!)





(My cousin Jill holding Carter. People say we look like sisters!)





I think Riley got confused when everyone sang “Happy Birthday Riley” as he tried to help Riley Scott blow out his candles!

On the way home we stopped at the grocery store and then we headed home. Chad has to work today so we gave him his Father’s Day presents last night. We got him a new pillow for the bed because he had wanted one like a pillow that I sleep with that I have had for forever. We also gave him Super Mario for the Wii! It is a lot of fun to play because when you play two player, you both are going through the worlds at the same time!

Today Chad left for work and I had a nice morning at home with the boys doing laundry. Carter took a really great nap and Riley watched movies. At one point when Carter was awake, Riley kissed him and said “I love him.” It was so sweet! I was also able to get a head start on Riley’s birthday invitations. I designed them myself and printed them out this weekend. His party is not until August, so it felt great to have this task off my plate! For lunch we met up with Nana, Papa and Grammy at Hoffbrau. It was great to see Papa since he had been on the Methodist Youth Mission Trip this past week. I think he was excited to see his grandsons also!



After lunch we went home and the boys took naps while I finished laundry. After they woke up we dropped by the Lovelady’s for a bit before heading to Grandmommy & Haha’s. Elizabeth & Riley had fun playing together, but had to learn a little bit about sharing. Elizabeth was engrossed in The Little Mermaid most of time, so Riley spent a bit of time on the floor with the babies.









At Grandmommy & Haha’s we ate nachos and built trains in the kitchen before heading home for baths and bed.

Happy Fathers Day to my Dad today. I am so happy you are my Dad and I am so lucky to have you. I learn so much from you even still. And Happy Fathers Day to my sweet husband Chad. You are the best Dad and you love me and the boys so much and that is so evident. Thanks for taking care of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment