Nana’s first week with Carter was a great success! She got him on a regular napping schedule right away. He now naps about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. The first day I arrived to pick him up, Nana had a pallet set up on the floor and Carter was holding a yellow ball in his hands. Of course we miss our Memaw, but we are also so lucky to have such a fabulous Nana! Nana watched Riley from when he was 6 months until he was 1 year and it was hard to start him in daycare after he had been with his Nana, and then we didn’t know and love our daycare like we do now. I know that I will have just as hard a time giving up Carter’s Nana Time come August when he starts daycare. By the end of the week Nana decided to put Carter in the walker for the first time. She couldn’t get him to smile because he was so interested in looking around him!





I have been continuing the FitStart program at the YMCA. This past week, the only day I missed working out was Tuesday when I decided to get a massage at lunch, and boy did I need it! I had scheduled it a couple of weeks ago and I must have had a sixth sense that I would need one on that day. Things have been stressful at work and at home and the massage was a welcome relief. I was so tense that when the therapist pressed on my back during the massage, all the bones up my spine just popped! It felt so good! But for workouts, on Monday Tracy & I did Power Yoga and I feel like I am getting stronger each week. On Wednesday we went to Muscle Mix, Thursday we did spin class and on Friday we did the weight machines and 20 minutes of cardio. There is an online program where we login our hours and when I looked at Friday’s program it told me I had lifted over 11,000 lbs during that day's training! Wow! Needless to say, I was relieved when the weekend arrived and I got a two day break from the gym.
Although yesterday we did go to swim lessons at the Y, so I guess that sort of counts as a small workout. Chad had to work, so Nana helped me by attending the Parent/Child class with Carter while I went with Riley. Riley was less excited about class with Daddy not there. He did not want to get in at first and then when the instructor had them work on floating on their backs he really didn’t like class. He wanted to go home right after class was over, but I knew he was just scared so I made him face his fear with me and swim some after class. I’m glad I did because I could barely get him out of the pool after that! I did manage to convince him once I told him he got to go to Daddy’s work and see a play with Grandmommy.
Speaking of Grandmommy, we found out this week that Deborah did in fact completely sever her Achilles tendon and she will be having surgery on Thursday morning. Please keep her in your prayers as she goes through 6 weeks in a cast and on crutches following the surgery and then has a boot for an indeterminate period of time. I will update everyone next week on how the surgery went.
Today was a very special day for the Jung and Lovelady families. Carter & Zachary were both baptized today in a joint baptism ceremony at our church. We had a breakfast at the Lovelady house this morning and it was so nice to visit with family before the service. Chad’s Uncle Bob was in town from CA and even able to make it to the breakfast! I made a coffee cake from scratch and it actually turned out perfect the first time! We exchanged gifts for our godchildren and we got Zachary a pirate bible and a pirate jack in the box and the Lovelady’s got Carter a bible and a Moses action figure! I also passed down all my baby dolls to Elizabeth today and at one point her & Riley had loaded Muzzie up with dolls!
Although yesterday we did go to swim lessons at the Y, so I guess that sort of counts as a small workout. Chad had to work, so Nana helped me by attending the Parent/Child class with Carter while I went with Riley. Riley was less excited about class with Daddy not there. He did not want to get in at first and then when the instructor had them work on floating on their backs he really didn’t like class. He wanted to go home right after class was over, but I knew he was just scared so I made him face his fear with me and swim some after class. I’m glad I did because I could barely get him out of the pool after that! I did manage to convince him once I told him he got to go to Daddy’s work and see a play with Grandmommy.
Speaking of Grandmommy, we found out this week that Deborah did in fact completely sever her Achilles tendon and she will be having surgery on Thursday morning. Please keep her in your prayers as she goes through 6 weeks in a cast and on crutches following the surgery and then has a boot for an indeterminate period of time. I will update everyone next week on how the surgery went.
Today was a very special day for the Jung and Lovelady families. Carter & Zachary were both baptized today in a joint baptism ceremony at our church. We had a breakfast at the Lovelady house this morning and it was so nice to visit with family before the service. Chad’s Uncle Bob was in town from CA and even able to make it to the breakfast! I made a coffee cake from scratch and it actually turned out perfect the first time! We exchanged gifts for our godchildren and we got Zachary a pirate bible and a pirate jack in the box and the Lovelady’s got Carter a bible and a Moses action figure! I also passed down all my baby dolls to Elizabeth today and at one point her & Riley had loaded Muzzie up with dolls!




The baptism service was lovely. Carter wore what Jake was baptized in 27 years ago and it was perfect! It fit him just right and was so special! I am so happy my Mom let me have Jake’s baptismal outfit to pass down to Carter. Riley was baptized in what Chad was baptized in so now the boys each have a special outfit to pass down through generations. Riley and Elizabeth made it through the service until after the baptism, but then we sent them both to the nursery where they had fun playing with toys. Zachary & Carter were able to stay in the church through the service until Carter had a diaper at the very end of the sermon. After the service we gathered to take pictures, but first Riley got a tour of the altar area, where he was allowed to sit in the Pastors’ chairs! After the service Chad had to go to work and I took the boys to lunch with my parents at The Original. Today was such a perfect day and Kate & I couldn’t have planned it any better! How lucky we are that Carter & Zach were able to share this day!
No comments:
Post a Comment