On Monday I called Wal-Mart to see if my tire was in. It was and I asked when their least busiest time of day was. They said 3pm, so I took some time off work and left early to go get my tire. They were so right about not being busy. I got right in and had my tire on my car in under an hour!
That night I started Carter on rice cereal. He had been watching us eat like a hawk, so I figured it was time since he is now 4 months old! He ate the watered down first cereal feeding like a champ! He reminded me a lot of Riley as I could not shovel the food in his mouth fast enough!
That night I started Carter on rice cereal. He had been watching us eat like a hawk, so I figured it was time since he is now 4 months old! He ate the watered down first cereal feeding like a champ! He reminded me a lot of Riley as I could not shovel the food in his mouth fast enough!


I decided that he could already tolerate it being less runny so the next day he ate a much more solid bowl and didn't have any trouble! He ate rice cereal for about 3 days and then we moved on to oatmeal. He seems to like the rice cereal better than oatmeal. Tomorrow we will start vegetables and carrots are first on the list!
Carter did sleep a lot worse this past week. I am not sure if the added cereal just got him all confused or what. One night I had to even get up and give him a night bottle, which I hadn't done in FOREVER! He seems to be back on track since this weekend and has slept a lot better! Mommy & Daddy are very happy about that! Tomorrow he will go in for his 4 month doctor appointment and I will post more about that next week. He seems really big to me, but when I weighed him he seems to be around 14 lbs, which is what Riley weighed at this age also.
Boy has Carter become a talker though! On Friday night I stood him in front of the mirror in my room and he just talked and talked to the baby in the mirror! He reminded me a lot of his Uncle Jake who could also talk and talk!
Chad had to work some nights this week getting ready for the Kids Who Care show so we went swimming at Nana & Papa's one night and Riley got to enjoy some fresh cherries with Nana!

He still talks about how they have a seed that you have to spit out! He didn't do much swimming, but was way more interested in watering Papa's grass! Tuesday was also my parents 31st wedding anniversary! Happy Anniversary to them both! They are such a great example of loving parents and I love them so much!
On Wednesday night my mom agreed to watch Carter for a few extra hours and Riley had time with Haha so I was able to go to Happy Hour with some friends from work! It was great to just visit and hang out with them and have some adult time!
I didn't do a great job of working out this past week, but I am now able to fit back into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I still have a bit to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I know I am on the way. I plan to get back on track regarding the gym this week.
Saturday morning was swim lessons, but before we left Riley insisted I take his & Carter's picture while they laid in Mommy & Daddy's bed.

Riley has really been wearing me out, mainly just from yesterday. On Friday night he told me that the Pull Ups went bye bye and insisted on wearing underwear to bed. Like a champ he made it through the night dry, but refused to go potty when he woke up. I decided that we would forgo the swim diaper to swim lessons, which looking back on was a huge mistake. We got to the pool and he told me he needed to go potty. I took him all the way to the locker room where he refused to go. We came back down to the pool and then he proceeded to pee on the floor. Then about halfway through class Chad realized he had pooped in his swimsuit and class was over for him. It was awful!!! I really wish he would stop being afraid to use the potty at home. I really don't know what the hang up is and I am at my wits end about what to do about it.
When we got home I tried to get Riley to go down for a nap, but he decided playing in bed was a better idea. Eventually it was time to get ready to go to the Kids Who Care show and he hadn't napped at all! He was ornery in the show and just wanted candy, which he did eventually get at intermission. Carter, on the other hand, was a perfect angel in the show and even watched most of it! Riley ended up falling asleep in Chad's arms at the end of the show and afterwards we went to eat with my parents at Flying Fish before heading home.
Riley was difficult to get into bed last night and my little dinosaur insisted on drinking his "fresh water" on the stool in the kitchen!


Needless to say, it's been a long weekend. Today I was able to run to the store this morning while Chad stayed home with the boys, which was a blessing! Chad then had to go to work while we met Grammy, Nana & Papa at La Madeline for lunch. Both boys are thankfully napping now and today is shaping up to be a much better day!
No comments:
Post a Comment