What an absolute blur the last week has been! My Monday started with our receptionist at work giving her two week's notice and so my work week was spent trying to get all my normal work done, plus culling through resumes and holding preliminary interviews. Chad was in tech for the KWC July show and so he was working a lot of nights. Life was just BUSY!
We spent a couple of evenings at Nana & Papa's house because Riley wanted to play. On Tuesday Papa even picked Riley up early from school so that he would have more time to play. It made for a hectic bedtime routine those nights though and by Wednesday I was pretty tired and just wanted to be at home taking my time getting things done. Nana started bringing Carter to me so that we wouldn't get stuck at their house because Riley wanted to play. Of course Riley was none to happy with that and on Thursday night, which would have been my parents last time to see Riley before they left on vacation he was being pretty mean to them. It was hard on Nana because not only was she going to be on vacation for a week, but then we are going on vacation right after and also her last day to watch Carter was Friday. So in order to have her last time with them for a couple weeks be a happy one I brought both boys to Nana & Papa's on Friday. Riley helped them get ready for their trip and helped them take Kori to the vet for a check up. I made sure they took pictures of Nana's last day watching Carter this summer.
We spent a couple of evenings at Nana & Papa's house because Riley wanted to play. On Tuesday Papa even picked Riley up early from school so that he would have more time to play. It made for a hectic bedtime routine those nights though and by Wednesday I was pretty tired and just wanted to be at home taking my time getting things done. Nana started bringing Carter to me so that we wouldn't get stuck at their house because Riley wanted to play. Of course Riley was none to happy with that and on Thursday night, which would have been my parents last time to see Riley before they left on vacation he was being pretty mean to them. It was hard on Nana because not only was she going to be on vacation for a week, but then we are going on vacation right after and also her last day to watch Carter was Friday. So in order to have her last time with them for a couple weeks be a happy one I brought both boys to Nana & Papa's on Friday. Riley helped them get ready for their trip and helped them take Kori to the vet for a check up. I made sure they took pictures of Nana's last day watching Carter this summer.


I can't believe Carter's time with Nana this summer has come to a close! It went by way too fast! Just like his time with Memaw. We are really excited for him to start school with Riley, but are also sad to lose the extra special care of his Nana. Hopefully next summer Nana will be up to watching both boys all summer???
On Friday I took a half day off work so that I could watch the boys while my parents headed out of town for my cousin's wedding. I finally got the boys down for naps and then when they woke up we went up to the theater to see Daddy. We played for a bit and then went to grab dinner at Chick Fil A.
Yesterday we spent the morning at home and I did laundry while while watching the boys and Chad went back to work. Again after the boys napped we went up to the theater to see Daddy. We got to see little snippets of the show, which both boys loved. After the show we hung out in the lobby and the boys played with Grandmommy, Haha and our cousin, Hope.
We went to Flying Fish for dinner, but both boys started getting cranky so after we ate we dropped Daddy back off at the theater and then went home to get ready for bed.
Riley decided that 6am was a good time to wake up today. He needed to go potty, so I am just thankful that he got out of bed to tell me! We had a rough beginning to the week, with lots of overnight accidents, but that seems to be in the past for right now. He did great at school, with only one day where he had one accident. We are still working on going #2 in the potty, but we're still proud of him and the progress he is making.
I ran to do the grocery shopping this morning and then we met up with Grammy & Uncle Kip at lunch while Daddy headed in to work. Lunch was exhausting!!!! Riley decided he needed to go potty right when the food came, but it took 3 trips until he finally went. In between trips I wolfed down my food and tended to Carter, who was starting to get fussy, but I ended up spending what felt like the majority of our lunch in the potty. At least it's not that often that Chad and my parents can't be there also, but I am going think long and hard about trying to take both boys to lunch on my own next time...I really wanted to see Grammy though because I really cherish our lunches with her so in the end it was worth it! Thankfully , both boys are napping now and I am going to go relax!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment