Lots of birthdays were celebrated last week. In addition to Chad's birthday, my friend Justin, from high school, turned 30 and Jason turned 28. Kate & Jason invited us out on Friday night to see a movie with them for Jason's birthday. My parents agreed to watch the boys and let them spend the night. We went to the Movie Tavern and saw The Fighter. It was pretty good. Afterward, we took Kate & Jason home because Jason had to work early the next morning and Chad & I went home and crashed. We slept a lot and it was nice to sleep in. We still managed to have a productive day also. We paid bills, and I filed all the 2010 bill and receipts and shredded the oldest ones in my files. I only overheated the shredder twice! While I was shredding, Chad went out and cleaned the gutters because it was about to rain/snow and he wanted to get them cleaned out before that came. I even got around to changing air filters in the house, which really needed to be replaced! Then we sat down to watch Where The Wild Things Are and Chad fell asleep.
The boys had a great time and Nana & Papa sent pictures of their day playing in the leaves. They told me that between them and their neighbor they filled something like 36 lawn bags! Their neighbor Mattie came over to play also. She is 7 months older than Riley and when I asked Nana how they played she said they were "competitive!"
On Sunday I went to the grocery store while the boys napped. I made the mistake of telling Riley it might snow after he woke up from his nap and it ended up snowing ONLY while he was sleeping. It was pretty to drive in, but I was glad to get home in the warm house again.We skipped lunch with Grammy this Sunday because it was too cold.
Nana told me that she was surprised at how well Carter was walking. I didn't know what she was talking about, but Sunday Carter showed us what she meant! He is really getting around now. I guess he got over his fear and now he is walking from place to place. Before he would hold on as long as he could, but now he'll let go and just teeter around. He can even change direction and hold things in his hands while walking, as well as bend down to grab something and stand back up. It's kind of amazing how quickly his skill level increased and yesterday I managed to get it on video. (sorry the video is sideways....I am not quite sure why that happened....)
Riley is also a source of constant entertainment. Last night on the way home, he asked me if I wanted to know what he wanted to be when he grew up. Of course I did and he told me he wanted to be a cowboy and ride a horse. Then he told me he would be a mean cowboy, but would only be mean to the buildings he was jumping over. I think a rodeo adventure will be in our near future! At dinner he also told us that we should pray and even led us all in the prayer he says at school, which he knows word for word. We were so proud!
Thankfully things have slowed down a bit in our world and I look forward to the next few weekends, as February will be a busy one!
Nana told me that she was surprised at how well Carter was walking. I didn't know what she was talking about, but Sunday Carter showed us what she meant! He is really getting around now. I guess he got over his fear and now he is walking from place to place. Before he would hold on as long as he could, but now he'll let go and just teeter around. He can even change direction and hold things in his hands while walking, as well as bend down to grab something and stand back up. It's kind of amazing how quickly his skill level increased and yesterday I managed to get it on video. (sorry the video is sideways....I am not quite sure why that happened....)
Riley is also a source of constant entertainment. Last night on the way home, he asked me if I wanted to know what he wanted to be when he grew up. Of course I did and he told me he wanted to be a cowboy and ride a horse. Then he told me he would be a mean cowboy, but would only be mean to the buildings he was jumping over. I think a rodeo adventure will be in our near future! At dinner he also told us that we should pray and even led us all in the prayer he says at school, which he knows word for word. We were so proud!
Thankfully things have slowed down a bit in our world and I look forward to the next few weekends, as February will be a busy one!
No comments:
Post a Comment