Blog is really late this week, but life has been so busy, I've barely been able to keep up. To start, here are pictures from last week when the boys went to Grandmommy & Haha's after school to spend the night. Looks like the had a lot of fun!
They also went to Grandmommy & Haha's this week, but did not spend the night. Looks like they had fun again.





Last weekend was a good one, but busy. On Saturday I spent the morning at Chad's office because I needed to work on his computer and be able to focus. Chad was sweet enough to take the boys grocery shopping with him. That afternoon I went to my parents house for a surprise baby shower for Kly. It was a lot of fun and that night we went to dinner with my parents and Steve, Alison and Kly. We went to BJ's Brewhouse and it was good, but the funniest part of the night was when Alison showed Riley a game on her iPhone called Talking Tom Cat. Riley thought it was hilarious and I ended up downloading it on my iPhone so that Riley could play it on the way home. It was so funny to listen to him playing it and made the ride home really amusing!
On Sunday we met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile's for lunch and then Chad took the boys home to nap while I went to a Day of Prayer meeting at Chad's mom's house. Afterwards I went to have a quick bite with Kate to catch up before heading home.
All weekend Riley told us he wanted a Polar Express train. We told him we didn't have money, but then we came up with an idea. Riley could raise "money" by doing good things and for each good thing he does, he gets a sticker for his chart. We made a chart with things like eating dinner, brushing his teeth and making good choices. So far I would say it has improved his usual behavior by about 20%. Here is a picture of his chart.
I am very proud of him for trying hard and I have a feeling he'll get the train in no time.
On Monday I had to work late and on Wednesday I had a HUGE board meeting for work so I worked late again. It was a stressful week, with a lot going on, but to top it all off I was also contemplating changing jobs. Yesterday I was made an official offer to move to a new company, and after discussion with Chad we decided it was the best move to make. I gave my notice yesterday and today was my last day. I start my new job on Monday and am really excited about this new chapter in my story. I love Chad so much for supporting me and helping me to make decisions that are best for me and for our family.
So sorry this blog is late this week, but I'm tired and ready for bed. We've got a busy weekend ahead too. Good night!
On Monday I had to work late and on Wednesday I had a HUGE board meeting for work so I worked late again. It was a stressful week, with a lot going on, but to top it all off I was also contemplating changing jobs. Yesterday I was made an official offer to move to a new company, and after discussion with Chad we decided it was the best move to make. I gave my notice yesterday and today was my last day. I start my new job on Monday and am really excited about this new chapter in my story. I love Chad so much for supporting me and helping me to make decisions that are best for me and for our family.
So sorry this blog is late this week, but I'm tired and ready for bed. We've got a busy weekend ahead too. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment