There are not many pictures this week, as the past week has been CRAZY! Our weekend was good, but we had been keeping an eye on Carter who had not been feeling well. On Monday Chad took him to the doctor and turns out he had an ear infection and they put him on antibiotics, which have helped A LOT. Before he got sick I got this funny pic of him stealing the Tabasco out of the fridge. He's not really drinking it...
On Monday I also started my new job. So far it has been really great and I am really liking it. It is nice to have lots of training time and to actually know my trainer (Melissa & I went to middle school & high school together!) Hopefully by tomorrow I will have my dedicated phone line set up as well as my computer set up. That will makes things even more homey. Here are some pictures I took early this week of my cubicle:
However, I think that even though my brain has been fine with changing jobs twice in 3 months, my body is not cooperating. I was having anxiety from Sunday through Tuesday morning. Not sure why, but I was glad when the feeling passed. I've also been battling a cold. I just keep gargling warm salt water everyday and it seems to be helping.
The sick hasn't just found me & Carter though. On Tuesday night at about 11:30 Riley woke Chad up crying from his bed. He had gotten sick all over himself and his bed. By the time I woke up Chad already had Riley changed and the sheets in the wash, so I helped Chad re-make the bed and we put Riley back to bed. Unfortunately, an hour later he woke us up and had gotten sick all over himself and his bed again. We stripped and remade the bed again, changed and washed off Riley and then Chad stayed up with him until 3am while he continued to be sick. They just went back and forth from the bed to the bathroom until Riley had it all out of his system. The next morning I got up while Riley and Chad slept and I got Carter ready for school. Chad stayed home with Riley and I came home to check on him at lunch. He was feeling better and didn't get sick any more, but he also didn't eat much either. Today he was back to his old self and back at school. It's been quite an exhausting week though, for sure.
Finally, I write this last part with tears in my eyes. When I got in Blogger tonight I noticed that a blog I have been following since 2007 http:princeliamthebreave.blogspot.com had recently posted. It's a blog written by the parents of a little boy, Liam, who has been fighting a cancer called neuroblastoma for the last 4 years. I discovered their blog right after Jake got sick and have been following Liam's journey ever since. His parents had posted that on Monday, Liam passed away in their arms. It breaks my heart again that cancer strikes someone so young. Damn you cancer. We have to find a cure! In the meantime I urge you to make a donation to a foundation that Liam's parents set up called Cookies For Kids' Cancer. Liam's parents, Gretchen & Larry, put it best:
In lieu of flowers, we request you honor Liam’s love and life by making a donation to the organization he inspired us to create, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, through a special online giving page we have set up in his honor - http://cookiesforkidscancer.kintera.org/iloveprinceliam.
I loved Prince Liam too, and even though I didn't know him I grieve for him, his parents and his little sister, Ella. Jake, go welcome Liam to Heaven, okay?
The sick hasn't just found me & Carter though. On Tuesday night at about 11:30 Riley woke Chad up crying from his bed. He had gotten sick all over himself and his bed. By the time I woke up Chad already had Riley changed and the sheets in the wash, so I helped Chad re-make the bed and we put Riley back to bed. Unfortunately, an hour later he woke us up and had gotten sick all over himself and his bed again. We stripped and remade the bed again, changed and washed off Riley and then Chad stayed up with him until 3am while he continued to be sick. They just went back and forth from the bed to the bathroom until Riley had it all out of his system. The next morning I got up while Riley and Chad slept and I got Carter ready for school. Chad stayed home with Riley and I came home to check on him at lunch. He was feeling better and didn't get sick any more, but he also didn't eat much either. Today he was back to his old self and back at school. It's been quite an exhausting week though, for sure.
Finally, I write this last part with tears in my eyes. When I got in Blogger tonight I noticed that a blog I have been following since 2007 http:princeliamthebreave.blogspot.com had recently posted. It's a blog written by the parents of a little boy, Liam, who has been fighting a cancer called neuroblastoma for the last 4 years. I discovered their blog right after Jake got sick and have been following Liam's journey ever since. His parents had posted that on Monday, Liam passed away in their arms. It breaks my heart again that cancer strikes someone so young. Damn you cancer. We have to find a cure! In the meantime I urge you to make a donation to a foundation that Liam's parents set up called Cookies For Kids' Cancer. Liam's parents, Gretchen & Larry, put it best:
In lieu of flowers, we request you honor Liam’s love and life by making a donation to the organization he inspired us to create, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, through a special online giving page we have set up in his honor - http://cookiesforkidscancer.kintera.org/iloveprinceliam.
I loved Prince Liam too, and even though I didn't know him I grieve for him, his parents and his little sister, Ella. Jake, go welcome Liam to Heaven, okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment