Last Saturday Chad & I blissfully got to sleep in a bit before the pest control man came to our house to work on our ant problem. Every year about this time we have a problem with small ants in our kitchen. They drive me crazy! They are still not totally gone, so I may have to call the man back, but at least we are working on it.
After he left Chad & I went to have brunch at Yogi's and then I headed to get my hair cut and Chad headed to the office to get some things done. After my haircut I ran by the grocery store and then my parents brought the boys home to us. On Sunday, had had to be to work really early to set up for Cookin' For Kids and the boys & I took our time getting ready at home. However, I did have to take Carter in for an urgent care doctor visit. His eyes were looking gross and I thought he either had an eye infection or something. The doctor told us he actually had bronchitis an let me listen to his breathing on the stethoscope. He gave us two prescriptions, a 3 day antibiotic and some eye drops. The boys and I then headed to the pharmacy to fill the prescriptions. Thank goodness for CVS having shopping carts! They are tiny, but they held Carter and Riley so I could wheel them around the store while we waited. The doctor said his eyes were pretty contagious, but his bronchitis wasn't unless he coughed right in our mouths. Well, I guess he did that to me because I have had a cough the last part of this week.
On Sunday night Nana & Papa watched the boys again so I could go to Cookin' For Kids with Chad. It was a great event and I had a good time seeing a lot of Western Hills alums there. Some were local celebrities, some where celebrity chefs, some were working at restaurants that were featured there, and some were just guests. It was pretty cool. Chad & I won a wagon full of alcohol in a raffle. It's going to take us years to drink it all. We're not college kids anymore...
Grammy has had a lot of progress on her cancer treatment plan and my mom started a blog to keep everyone up to date. Rather than repeat what she wrote, just add her to your blogs to follow:
http://ruthmomgrammyupdate.blogspot.com/
We are ecstatic that it is a slow growing cancer that she/they found REALLY early. That is great for her prognosis.
On Wednesday night the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha. They had lots of fun playing on Haha's Jeep, swinging on the porch swing and Carter got to play on the pool table, like Riley used to.
After he left Chad & I went to have brunch at Yogi's and then I headed to get my hair cut and Chad headed to the office to get some things done. After my haircut I ran by the grocery store and then my parents brought the boys home to us. On Sunday, had had to be to work really early to set up for Cookin' For Kids and the boys & I took our time getting ready at home. However, I did have to take Carter in for an urgent care doctor visit. His eyes were looking gross and I thought he either had an eye infection or something. The doctor told us he actually had bronchitis an let me listen to his breathing on the stethoscope. He gave us two prescriptions, a 3 day antibiotic and some eye drops. The boys and I then headed to the pharmacy to fill the prescriptions. Thank goodness for CVS having shopping carts! They are tiny, but they held Carter and Riley so I could wheel them around the store while we waited. The doctor said his eyes were pretty contagious, but his bronchitis wasn't unless he coughed right in our mouths. Well, I guess he did that to me because I have had a cough the last part of this week.
On Sunday night Nana & Papa watched the boys again so I could go to Cookin' For Kids with Chad. It was a great event and I had a good time seeing a lot of Western Hills alums there. Some were local celebrities, some where celebrity chefs, some were working at restaurants that were featured there, and some were just guests. It was pretty cool. Chad & I won a wagon full of alcohol in a raffle. It's going to take us years to drink it all. We're not college kids anymore...
Grammy has had a lot of progress on her cancer treatment plan and my mom started a blog to keep everyone up to date. Rather than repeat what she wrote, just add her to your blogs to follow:
http://ruthmomgrammyupdate.blogspot.com/
We are ecstatic that it is a slow growing cancer that she/they found REALLY early. That is great for her prognosis.
On Wednesday night the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha. They had lots of fun playing on Haha's Jeep, swinging on the porch swing and Carter got to play on the pool table, like Riley used to.
Yesterday was a REALLY busy day at work, as a lot of people in the office were gearing up to be out for Spring Break next week. My office has a lot of fun things planned for Spring Break and we get to jeans everyday next week, which I am thrilled about!
This morning I took the boys to get haircuts at Cool Cuts 4 Kids. They did great, as usual and I was really proud of them, especially since I took them by myself for the first time. After we went to the grocery store and then home for lunch and naps. Of course Riley is refusing to nap...I hope he's not growing out of naptime. I really need that time!
This morning I took the boys to get haircuts at Cool Cuts 4 Kids. They did great, as usual and I was really proud of them, especially since I took them by myself for the first time. After we went to the grocery store and then home for lunch and naps. Of course Riley is refusing to nap...I hope he's not growing out of naptime. I really need that time!
No comments:
Post a Comment