Last week we were so happy when Nana & Papa came home from their cruise. They of course brought lots of fun gifts, but we also just missed them A LOT! And when they came over to pick up Kori, we went into the backyard to play and guess who we found in the playset...BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!! We didn't lose him in the Target grocery cart after all! This just goes to show that when I am watching the boys on my own, I am way focused on them and not on the whereabouts of their toys. After playing we went to dinner with Nana & Papa at Pappasito's and during the meal we noticed that Carter was dancing in his highchair to the music!
It must have been hard for Carter to get back into his school routine early this week after being home the end of last week due to his teething fever, because on Tuesday he only took a 1 hour nap. That meant that when I got to school to pick him up, this is what I saw:



Poor boy was so tired he fell asleep in his swing! His buddy, Stella, must not have gotten a good nap in either! After school that day I took the boys to the new Chick Fil A in Montgomery Plaza and Kate, Elizabeth and Zachary met us there. We had a great time playing with them and spending time with them.
On Wednesday, the boys spent the night with Grandmomy & Haha. I packed their overnight clothes in their penguin backpacks that Grandmommy bought them at SeaWorld and they got a picture of the boys wearing them.

Speaking of wearing things, Carter has become fond of my headbands. When we are getting ready in the morning he plays in one of the drawers and pulls them out. He knows they go on his head and he can get them balanced on his head like a little halo. It's totally cute and I'm sure will embarrass him one day that I took pictures, but it was too cute not to!

Thursday night was my bi-weekly volunteering night at The WARM Place. If you are looking for a fun event, go to their website to buy tickets for their annual WARM Place at the Zoo night on April 29th. We'll be there and it looks like a lot of fun that raises money for a great organization!
Yesterday we had a VERY busy day. It started with Cory's 4th Birthday Party at Silver Wheel. This place is so old, that I had a birthday party there when I was a kid, and from the looks of it, the place hasn't changed much! We had a lot of fun skating. Riley would not put skates on, but they let you play with cars and three wheelers on the skating rink and Riley had fun doing that. They still have this little light up floor and Carter and Riley had fun playing on that.


After the party, we went to Chick Fil A with 3 other families from the party and then we went home to try and get the boys to nap. They didn't and eventually it was time to leave again to head to Ellie's 4th Birthday Party at Silver Creek Ranch. The boys (and girls) had a lot of fun running around like cowboys and cowgirls.
They brought out 4 big horses and led them around a ring while people rode them. Riley did not want to take his cowboy hat off to wear a helmet, but eventually his desire to ride a horse won out and he was up in the saddle. Last week was a good prep because he was such a big boy!
After his ride he had fun raking the dirt in the arena.
While I was running around with Riley, Chad was holding Carter while the kids rode the horses. Every time a horse came by to switch riders, Chad would take Carter up to pet the horse. Next thing I knew, Carter was up on a horse going around the ring. He just had to have a person on each side of him. The ranch owner told me that it looked like riding lessons are in my future. It sure does look that way!
I also realized this week, just how much Riley listens when the adults are talking. At the party yesterday, his teacher Ms Michelle was there, and asked me if my mom was sick. She said that Riley told her that his grandmother was sick. I explained that it was his great grandmother and gave her the background on what was going on. I didn't realize that Riley had overheard us talking about Grammy's cancer. Speaking of Grammy, continue to check my Mom's blog for the latest details. Look over there -------------> where it says "My Blog List" to see a link directly to the blog.
We had lunch with Grammy today at La Madeline and while she says that she is very tired, she looked very good today. She will hopefully have surgery tomorrow to insert her port to get her chemo drugs. Riley was asking the most honest child's questions of her today about being sick. It was very sweet.
And now Carter just woke up from his nap and is running a fever AGAIN. Bummer. Hopefully, it's just another tooth, but this fever stuff is getting old fast....
No comments:
Post a Comment