Saturday, March 19, 2011

Teething DOES cause fevers

This past week was very hard. Chad left last Saturday to go on a Kids Who Care trip, so from Saturday morning through Wednesday night I was basically single-momming it. I give huge kudos to the single moms out there because after only 5 days I was really ready for Chad to be home.

Riley started the weekend by refusing to nap on Saturday. Once I finally gave up and let him watch a movie in my bed, he fell asleep!



On Saturday night I made a casserole for dinner and Carter proved his continued love for food by gobbling it up!



That night boys really made me laugh during bath time. Riley discovered a little bottle that we used to take bubble bath in when we traveled and he used it to squirt things in the bathtub, which Carter found to be HILARIOUS!



One sad part about Saturday was that we realized that during our trip to the grocery store, we left Riley's Buzz Lightyear in the grocery cart. He was so sad that he called Haha to tell him and see if Haha would buy him another one! It broke my heart!

On Sunday we had a lazy day at home and the boys finally took good naps. After naps we met up with Jason, Liz and Zachary at the park. Jason's mom was in town and came too! We had a great time playing and then they all came over for a pizza dinner and bathtime.

The time change was on Saturday night and the boys seemed to be okay with it on Sunday morning. Monday morning was a different story. They were both sleeping hard so I let them sleep while I got everything ready. Well, that didn't give Riley enough time to wake up and get adjusted in the morning and I had to fight him into his clothes while he screamed. It was not fun. By Tuesday I had it figured out. As soon as I got up, I went and woke up Riley and brought him to my bed to watch TV. He then was able to wake up gradually and was a much happier person.

On Monday afternoon Haha picked the boys up from school and brought them home for me, which was so nice!

By Wednesday evening, I was so glad to see Chad and pick him up from the theater. The boys have good timing because on Thursday afternoon we got a call from the boys' school that Carter had a 101 fever and we needed to pick him up. Thank goodness Chad was taking the day off to recuperate from the trip so he was able to pick him up. Unfortunately, you have to be fever free for 24 hours before going back to school so Chad stayed home with him on Friday too. Riley and I went to Bluebonnet Bakery Friday morning for what is quickly becoming our new favorite donut place. Chad took Carter to the doctor and they told us he just has a virus and it has to run it's course. I had a suspicion that Carter was teething and tonight my thoughts were confirmed when I felt a new tooth (his 9th) poking through his top gum! Unfortunately, he still ran a fever this morning so Chad stayed home with him again while I took Rliey to Dallas to Aidan's birthday party. It was a cowboy party and he had a great time! There was a pony there that he could ride and he rode it 5 times, I think more than anyone else there!








The first 2 times he made me walk alongside while he held my hand. The 3rd time he just made me walk alongside, but by the 4th and 5th times he was doing it all by himself! So proud! We had a great time at the party and afterward we headed straight to party #2 of the day, Macey's first birthday. We had a good time there as well, but we were really sad that Chad & Carter missed all the festivities.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree - teething does cause fevers! Every time Cayden would get a tooth, he would run a low grade fever. Our pediatrician would tell me that it was unrelated but it's too big of a coincidence. Once or twice maybe - 8 times, I don't' think so.

    ReplyDelete