Monday, May 2, 2011

Mr. Serious

On Tuesday Riley had his second tee ball practice, but it was my first time to get to go. I mainly spent time watching Carter so Chad could have some one-on-one time with Riley, but apparently Riley was not interested in participating and Chad had a really hard time with him. We have another practice tomorrow and have been talking with him about how to behave at practice. We'll see how it goes tomorrow....

On Wednesday the boys went to Grandmomy & Haha's after school and spent the night. They went to the park where Riley had his tee ball practice so he could play and then they played in Haha's truck.

















On Friday I took Chad & the boys to The WARM Place Night at the Zoo at the Fort Worth Zoo. It was fun to get to introduce the boys to some of the people I have been working with since February. The train and the carousel were free, and Riley had a great time, but Carter was Mr. Serious. He would not smile on the carousel no matter what we did! I tried tickling and being silly, but he was determined to keep a straight face.






We did have a bit of a scare at the zoo. I went to throw our food trash away and I thought Riley was heading the other direction with Chad. When I got back to Chad, Riley was not with him. I spent an agonizing 3 minutes looking frantically for Riley before I found him. He had wandered to the stage and they were about to announce him over the loudspeaker when I found him in tears, poor thing! It was not fun and I never want to experience that ever again.

On Saturday morning we went to Ethan's 4th birthday party. It was a superhero party and both boys got superhero capes. Carter looked so cute in his!




Spiderman came to the party and he made balloon hats and swords for all the kids.






On Saturday night I got to have a Girls Night. I met up with Rhonda and Virginia for our 2nd Annual Reunion. It was a lot of fun to see them, especially Virginia, who lives in Idaho.


Sunday the weather turned unseasonably colder and we went grocery shopping in the morning and then went to lunch with Grammy at La Madeline. It was so good to see her and she looks great! She is really handling her chemo like a champ!

After lunch Chad went to work and the boys went to Nana & Papa's because I had more girl time scheduled, this time with Tracy, who took me to get mani/pedis. It was so relaxing and so nice to catch up and spend some real time with her.

I picked the boys up from Nana & Papa's later, where Nana told me that when she counted "1..." to Carter he would respond with "2..." He wouldn't do it for me, but I was still proud!

We went to The Loveladys' house for pizza dinner and to hang out. We got to see Elizabeth's big girl bed that had just been set up. We had so much fun hanging out with them and I was sad for the weekend to be over!


No comments:

Post a Comment