Monday, June 20, 2011

Big Laughs from my Dad

On Tuesday the boys went to Nana's house. They had a great time playing in the pool (even if Carter did fall out of the big pool, into the little pool)










They also had fun swinging! SUPERMAN!!!!

























And then thankfully, they napped. At first they were together in the new full sized bed in the guest room. Then Carter woke up and Nana moved him to the Pack and Play for the rest of his nap.






After naps Riley had teeball practice. Luckily, we practiced in the fellowship hall at TLCC (AIR CONDITIONED!!!!) and so that was nice and cool. Ezra's mom and Mason's mom took our teeball individual and team pictures during practice and they turned out so great! You'd never know Riley hated teeball in the beginning!





On Wednesday evening, Chad & I had a KWC Host Family meeting to go to and so Haha watched the boys and wanted them to spend the night. They had a lot of fun playing in the water hose in the front yard before bath time.






Friday was Donuts With Dad at school, where Chad got his Father's Day presents from the boys. Riley gave Chad a picture mug filled with Hershey's Kisses, but he informed Chad that the Hershey's Kisses were for Riley!


Saturday morning we had a teeball double header at 8am and 9am. The field was at the same park that I grew up going to with Grammy. It was just down the street from her house and she even came out for part of Riley's second game to watch. It was great to see her out there!


After the games Chad went to the office to work and I took the boys home. Carter fell asleep on the way home and so I put him down for an early nap. Riley would not nap (AGAIN.) and so after naps Carter and I ate lunch. (Riley refused to eat.) and then we went to the grocery store. They were both well-behaved at the store and Riley had been asking for me to take him to get a haircut since the night before when I mentioned that his hair was getting long and he needed a haircut. For a boy who requested a haircut all day, I was unbelievably surprised when we got there and he proceeded to throw the BIGGEST tantrum he has ever thrown at Cool Cuts 4 Kids. I had to hold him down and they ended up doing a terrible job. Carter of course just sat still as a perfect angel and his haircut looks awesome. Afterwards I was at my wits end and thankfully Kate called to invite us over for dinner. We went there and of course Riley behaved (even though he again would not eat) and we had a nice evening with them.


Yesterday we gave Chad his Father's Day presents before he had to go to work in the morning. Then we went to lunch at Lucile's with Grammy, Nana & Papa and Riley ate well (probably cause he was starving!) and then Nana took the boys to nap at her house while I took Papa to a movie for Father's Day. We saw Bridesmaids and it was hilarious! I have never heard my dad laugh so loud before! It was great! After the movie I took Papa home, picked up the boys and then Chad and we went to church to hear Haha play guitar before going to Grandmommy & Haha's for dinner. Overall, it was a pretty good Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment