Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Pictureless Week

Well, I have 0 pictures for this week. I had plenty of opportunities, as we did a lot of fun stuff this week, I was just completely lazy and never took out my camera!!!

Tuesday evening was teeball practice and Nana came out with Papa. Riley was a bit clingy at first, but then started participating fully. Boy was it HOT though. I was so ready for practice to be over so I could cool off.

Wednesday morning I had a successful cleaning at the dentist and that evening Chad & I went for a couples massage again. It was really nice to decompress again now that my trip to Vegas is over and the opera festival is wrapping up for Chad.

Thursday night I had the WARM Place and Chad took the boys to the park with Kate, Liz and Zachary and afterwards he took them to McDonalds for dinner.

On Friday we picked up Zachary and Liz from school and took them home with us and fed and bathed them before Jason was able to get off work and pick them up. It was great to have them, but so exhausting to bathe 4 kids and it reiterated why Chad & I are happy to have just 2.

Yesterday Riley had a teeball game at 8:00am. While it's really early, I totally don't mind getting out before it gets insanely hot outside. The game went well and Jason, Liz & Zachary came out to watch. Riley hit the ball well. He did try to run with his bat once. He also managed to snag a ball that was hit out to right field and throw it to first base, which was cool. Carter just wanted to be out on the field with Chad, Papa & Riley. Papa held him some while he coached 2nd base.

After the game we stayed at Veterans Park and walked over to the pavilion for Keller's 4th birthday party. There was bounce house for the kids and they grilled hot dogs and we had cake. It was so hot and by then we had been outside for 3 hours so we were happy to get home and rest where it was cool. Carter took a really long nap and Riley watched about 8 episodes of The Backyardigans, while I read a book. After Carter woke up I took the boys grocery shopping and they were so well-behaved. Chad met us at home for dinner after. Last night we decided it was time for Carter to give up his pacifiers. Chad put him to bed and he didn't cry at all! It was crazy! He loved those suckers so much that I thought for sure he would be upset! Tonight I put him to bed and he did cry for about 10 minutes, but after that he quieted right up.

Today Chad went into the office in the morning and I hung out at home with the boys. We met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile's and Maria (our favorite ex-hostess, now waiter) got to wait on us. After lunch, Nana & Papa took Carter with them and Riley & I dropped Chad off at the theater. Riley & I went home to rest and he watched more Backyardigans. It was soon time to go back up to the theater for KWC Mini Camp Orientation. Riley was totally freaked out and scared the whole ride to the theater and did not want to go to camp, so I was nervous. When we got there he was still a bit clingy, but he ended up doing great and we are really proud of him!

I promise to take some pictures this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment