Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Buzz Lightyear and the Train Conductor

Last Tuesday was TCU's Annual Colby Haloween Trick or Treating at the Colby dorm.  The Lovelady's invited us as their guests and we had a great time!  We had to wait in line for a LONG time, but the boys got LOTS of candy!



While waiting in line, Riley ran into his friend from school, McKay.  They had a great time playing together in line and we got to visit with McKay's parents.


Once inside, Carter took to it like a pro!


Riley did a great job also, although the line moved so fast I couldn't get a clear shot of him!


Last Thursday, Riley's final soccer game was cancelled due to bad weather, so we decided to just hold the end of year soccer party instead.  We went to Parton's Pizza and everyone had a lot of fun staying out of the rain and eatin yummy pizza, although we were all eager to get home to watch the World Series.

Jack and Jake's mom made this amazing cake for the party.  It had a cut out picture of each player and each coach on it!  Super cool!



By Friday the weather had cleared up and after work, Chad & I headed to Cowboys Stadium for the TCU game with our friends Dallas and Bridget, who were in town from Alaska.  We had a lot of fun and almost everywhere we looked we saw people we knew.  It was a great night visiting with old friends.


On Wednesday afternoon and again on Sunday I was able to get out on the river to row.  On Wednesday, I was able to move into an advanced single skull so my nerves were on high alert.  I almost fell in the river at one point when I got stuck under the Beach Street bridge, but I was able to re-correct and stay in my boat.  My legs were jello when I was finished though, but I was really proud of myself!  On Sunday I went out in a quad and rowed in the 2nd seat.  It was a lot of fun and the instructors told us that we rowed as well as some competitive squads, which made me feel so good!

The boys were at Grandmommy and Haha's while I rowed.  We went to church with them that morning and it was Youth Sunday so the youth led the service.  The Children's Sermon was about the youth service project Imagine No Malaria and they talked about mosquitos and each kid got a pipe cleaner mosquito.  That night Riley woke up at 1am sobbing about a mosquito biting him.  At first I thought he had a nightmare from the children's sermon, but the next morning he woke up with bites all over his face, arms and hands.  Poor guy!

Back to Sunday evening though.  After rowing I met up with Chad at Grandmommy & Haha's to celebrate Grandmommy's birthday.  We had a great time visiting and eating and seeing their new detached garage they are having built.  We did bathtime at their house and the boys modeled their Halloween PJs after.  Too cute!



Monday morning was the Halloween Parade at TLCC.  I took the day off since I had never attended and had a great time parading and trick or treating with the boys.




  
That afternoon Chad & I visited our local elementary school  for a tour and then I picked up chicken for dinner and we met up with the Loveladys and the Myers at Grandmommy & Haha's for dinner followed by trick or treating. 

Macey and Caley were super cute in their costumes:





The kids all did great trick or treating and there was only one house that Riley would not go up to where 3 people were on the porch dressed as pirates, talking in pirate voices.

In other news, Riley is growing up and he moved into a booster car seat this weekend, which he is really proud of.  I'll try to get a picture ASAP.

Carter is also talking up a storm and the word "NO" has entered his repertoire.  It quite comical to hear him say it, and thankfully he says "yea" just about as frequently as "no."  His teacher told me this week that he is really starting to talk a lot so I know there will be sentences coming out in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment