Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Daylight Savings, Farmers, Aprons and Cowboys

Things are plugging along here as usual lately.  Chad & I close on our refi on Friday so we are really excited about that and how much money we will save over the next 15 years.

We had a low-key Saturday at home and Carter was making us laugh.  We were about to head out to the grocery store and we discovered Carter in our room with two of Chad's shoes on his feet!  Two different shoes and one was on backwards.  It was so funny!


On Friday before I left work, our CEO offered up 2 of his season Cowboys tickets for Sunday's game.  I knew Chad had to work and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to take my Dad.  We usually take my Dad to 1 preseason game each year, but this was the first year since they've been in the new stadium that we didn't go.  I was super excited to find out that I was the first respondent to the email and so I got the tickets.  Come to find out they were on the 19th row, on the 40 yard line on the Cowboys side of the field.  AMAZING.


We also discovered that our tickets gave us access to the Miller Lite Club that is on field level where you can watch the players enter and exit the field.  We checked that out while the players were on the field pre-game and we watched them exit the field before the game started.  I was too short to really see, so I just stood on my tiptoes and snapped picture after picture.  Those Cowboys move fast though, cause all my pics turned out blurry...



After that we headed back to our seats where we got to sit with my CEO and his daughter and we had a great time watching the game and visiting.  It was the Ring of Honor induction day in the stadium so there were some notables in attendance.  We were right in front of the owner's suite so we kept stealing glances back to see who was sitting in it.



Chad's been working a lot this past weekend and week and so I've been with the boys a lot.  They are so cute right before bed when they are in their jammies sitting on the couch watching TV.  Riley says "cheese" when the camera comes out and now so does Carter!



The recent time change has been "fun"  for us.  Riley wakes up with the sun, which means he's getting up a lot earlier these days.  We also had a really long discussion last night on the way home from school because it was already getting dark.  Riley wanted to know why there was a time change and I started trying to explain farmers and wanting to work in the daylight when it's warmer outside.  He made me repeat it 3x, so I'm sure he's memorized it by now and has probably already repeated the story to his friends at school!

The time change has really affected my rowing schedule.  I'm not going to be able to row after work on Wednesdays until the time changes back because it's now dark by the time I would get to the river.  I'm really bummed about that, but glad that I still am able to get out on the river once each weekend, at least before it gets too cold to do that!  I'm really going to miss being on the river this winter!

We had an interesting morning at school yesterday when I dropped the boys off.  I went into the bathroom at their school to wash something sticky off my hands and Carter & Riley followed me.  They have a row of tiny pottys in there and one had the lid up on it.  Carter walked over to it and pointed and before I knew it he just plopped his little self right down onto it.  Unfortunately, his pants were still up and he sat right into the bowl of water.  Thankfully, I brought 2 extra changes of clothes that day and so the daycare director helped me change him and then I was finally able to head off to work.  Maybe this is a sign that he still might potty train early?  This momma is READY!

Last night at dinner I heated up waffles for the boys and Riley told me he needed to wear an apron so he didn't get syrup on himself.  He must have ESP because the week before Memaw sent us a box full of aprons she made for me, Chad & the boys.  I had debated holding on to them for Christmas presents, but when Riley asked for his apron last night, I couldn't resist.  He was so excited that it was "kids size"  What a cutie!  Thanks Memaw!!



No comments:

Post a Comment