Sunday, February 12, 2012

31 years

My birthday week was so so busy, but really great!  On Wednesday night Chad & I got a date night so we went to see The Woman In Black.  It was a scary movie, which meant that Chad was scared and I laughed!  It did make me jump a few times, but overall I wasn't that scared. 
That night the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha and had a lot of fun!  Grandmommy & Riley made a crown for Riley and he was wearing it in every picture they sent me.  He told me today that it was a birthday crown and that he celebrated his birthday at Grandmommy's house.




Looks like Carter got lots of great sugars from Grandmommy!
 Thursday night was WARM Place again (my usual night) and it was a good night.  I cried for the first time in front of the teens that I work with and I've got to say, it was nice to share some of my feelings with them.
Friday was my BIRTHDAY!  My cube was decorated when I got to work and the other admin girls took me to lunch at Lili's Bistro on Magnolia, which was so yummy!  After work I went to see my new counselor.  I've decided to start seeing one individually to help me deal with everything that has happened in my life in the past 5 years or so and it feels good to have a place to go to bounce my feelings around.  I don't usually share my weaknesses with anyone (let alone, this blog), but if my boys ever read this blog one day, I want them to know that it is okay to need a place to go to talk to someone.  My hope is that if they feel they need it, that they will be open to the idea. 
After my session Chad, the boys & I met my parents for dinner at Joe T Garcia's, our tradition for my birthday.  Carter decided he wanted to try some salsa and I think it was too hot for him!
That salsa was HOT guys!
 Riley's half birthday is on my birthday so he likes to help me blow out my candles.  Papa made me cupcakes and they paid for our dinner also and got me a Kindle gift card.  It was nice to spend time with them celebrating!

For my birthday gift from Chad & the boys, Chad had my 2009 blogs bound into a book.  Last year on my birthday he had my 2010 blogs bound and I love this gift so much!  It was so much fun to go back and look at the start of my blog and I love getting these as presents!  It's amazing how much Riley has grown!



Speaking of growing, I took Riley and Carter to Target yesterday to get their bi-annual photos taken.  Riley was a pro this time.  Posing like the photographer asked and smiling great!  We got some super cute photos of him this time!  Carter was a little more difficult to pose.  He had fun and smiled great a few times, but he was quick and it was hard for the photographer to capture those moments.  Here are the ones I ordered.
My favorite close-up of Ry

My favorite full body shot of Ry (love the green of his boots poking out!)

My favorite close-up of Carter

I'm regretting that I ordered this full body shot of Carter, but oh well.  I thought it was the best at the time.

I liked this one because it was so sweet, but I wish you could see their faces.

And this one is a perfect expression of who my boys are!
Here are some of the ones I didn't order, but liked also.




After our photo session was over, we did our grocery shopping before heading home.  At 2pm I had a massage appointment, which I very much enjoyed.  A little later, once I got home, Kate picked me up and took me to get my nails done.  We didn't think about making an appointment since it was the Saturday before Valentine's Day, so when we walked it our usual place, it was packed to the brim.  We ended up at a new salon and it was great.  We had our own little room and the pedi techs were really great!

While we were being pampered Chad took the boys over to play with Jason, Elizabeth and Zachary.  Kate & I picked up dinner for all of us on the way home and when we got there Carter wanted to watch TV from atop Buttercup the horse.

We enjoyed dinner and laughed A LOT.  Then we bathed the kids before heading home to bed.  This morning Kate, Liz and Zachary joined us at church.  Riley and Liz went up for Children's Time by theirselves and then went down to the "Big Kid Nursery." 

After church we went to Lucile's for lunch.  Blake, Rebecca and Muzzie also joined us and we had a great time eating with everyone.  Now we are just relaxing at home and trying to stay warm.  I was going to row today, but it's too cold.  I sure wish those 60-70 degree temps had hung around for my birthday....

No comments:

Post a Comment