Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Letter E

On Wednesday night the boys got to spend the night with Grandmommy & Haha.  They had quite a fun evening painting in the kitchen, playing trains and eating pizza for dinner!








Riley also likes to take a bath in the sink in Grandmommy & haha's kitchen.  I'm not sure the obsession with this, but if it makes him happy, it makes us happy!  I wonder when he'll finally decide he's too big to fit in the sink?


Chad thought this photo was creepy looking!  CRAZY EYES!!!
 On Friday night we took the boys for dinner at Mama's Pizza.  When we got home I was able to look at Riley's schoolwork from the week and see how his letter writing is coming along.  They wrote sentences for the first time. 


I was also especially proud of Riley for working on his letter "E" this past week.  As you can see in the first picture his "E" is backwards.  All his "E's" were circled in red ink last week, so we knew it was time to buckle down and work on them.


Here is an "E" on another one of his sheets!  SUCCESS!  So proud of my sweet boy for working so hard!

I love the way he dots his i's.  It makes me think of how I wrote my i's in junior high!
 On Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to go to Cool Cuts 4 Kids for the boys' haircuts.  I discovered that if you put 2 capes on Riley while he gets his hair cut: one facing frontwards and one facing backwards, then the hair does not get all in his clothes.  Both boys did great in the haircuts and looked so cute afterwards.  Carter has even been letting me style his hair each morning!



After haircuts we headed to the mall do I could get my wedding rings inspected and we got there a bit before the mall actually opened.  We let the boys ride the small carousel and we went to play in the kids area for a bit.



Then we grabbed some lunch at Hooters before heading to the grocery store and then home for naps in the afternoon. 

On Sunday we went to church.  Riley had quite a meldown about children's time.  Chad & I tried to convince him to go up alone and he got too scared.  He cried and thought about it over and over.  He has a Good Choices Chart he is working on completing (more about that next week) and I told him I would give him a sticker for his chart if he went up by himself.  He stalled and stalled and before he knew it, Children's Time was up and he had not gone up.  Then he really lost it!  I took him down to the "Big Kid Nursery" and I left him crying in the arms of the teacher.  That was really hard, but when I went down to get him, she told me he stopped crying right after I left. 

Sunday afternoon, I went to Rachel's baby shower with Kate and Elizabeth and then the Lovelady's came over to watch the Super Bowl.  I only really saw the halftime show, and I laughed when Riley looked at Madonna and said "That lady almost looks like Hollis!" Hollis is a sweet blond 5 year old in his class at school!!! 

I'm a little late on posting this week.  The weekend was so busy and then last night I subbed at The WARM Place for a friend and so I'm just now making a moment to write.  My birthday is on Friday so I'm thinking the rest of this week and this coming weekend are looking pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment