Monday, February 27, 2012

Crazy Birds

February is such a hectic month, no matter how old I get!

We began Carter's birthday week by getting out some of his presents.  We started by putting his new "barn" quilt from Memaw on his bed!  It looks so good!


We also played with Carter's new trains.  He got an amazing train set from Grammy and Kip and it fits with the trains and train tracks he already has.  He's been playing with it EVERY DAY!

 

I am loving this winter that isn't really winter.  We've had a lot of outside time and the boys like to sit in their Spiderman chairs in the garage in between playing with trucks in the driveway.


I took the day off on Friday and we started our morning with cinnamon french toast, which is currently my favorite breakfast!  I use the Pepperidge Farm cinnamon bread as my base and it's so yummy!

After breakfast we headed to Carter's 2 year well-check at the doctor.  What's amazing is that with my insurance, it was free!  Carter did great in his appointment.  He weighed 30 lbs 2 oz (80%).  He's 35 inches tall (70%). His head is 19 3/4 inches (85%).  He's my big guy!  What's crazy is that my mom looked back and Jake was exactly the same height at 2 years, and less than a pound heavier.  He got 1 shot and barely cried and then he got his finger pricked and didn't cry at all!  In fact, he sat still and watched while she worked the blood out of his finger. 

After the doctor we had some time to kill, so we went to The Cupcake Cottage and picked out cupcakes for lunch and dinner dessert.  We still had extra time so then went to visit Uncle Jake at the mausoleum.  Riley was super sweet and kissed the picture of Jake and hugged it.



Then my boys ran wild through the mausoleum.  Yes, I am that mom!  But no one else was there, so I don't think we were bothering anyone.

After the mausoleum we went to the boys' bi-annual dentist appintments.  Now it was Riley's turn to be super-kid.  He let them take x-rays, and then he got his teeth cleaned and then they brushed on vitamins and he did super!  I was so proud!  Carter went next and they did a quick cleaning and then brushed his vitamins on.  The dentist seems to think Riley and Carter's bottom teeth will be crowded (Riley's worse than Carter's) and that they will need braces when they are older. YUCK!

After the dentist, and lunch at McDonald's we headed home for naps.  Riley didn't take one, but Carter did.  After naps, we got ready and went to Chuck E Cheese with Daddy, Nana & Papa for dinner.  Carter wanted to crawl in the kids play thing and couldn't get up it, so I ended up crawling inside to help him.  Chad took awful pictures of me while I climbed around in the play thing!  Hope he doesn't blackmail me with them later!

Carter enjoyed his cupcake and had a great time.  I think he rode the carousel with Papa at least 10 times!


I felt awful when we were there!  Throughout the week I was battling a sinus infection, but on Thursday it got the best of me.  I got a z-pack, but on Friday night I was just exhausted and congested.

On Saturday Chad had to head to Denton for the opera and so Nana & Papa went to the zoo with me, Carter and Riley.  The weather was absolutely FABULOUS!







All the animals were out and about and it was very fun.  A gibbon was very talkative in the monkey area and when we went in the bird feeding area we were practically attacked by birds.  A bird landed on my head the moment we entered!  I was totally freaked out, but kept my calm for the boys.  Thankfully, the bird did not crap on my head.












We also ran into Addie, Jack and Carter C, three of Riley's classmates at school!  Carter C had been telling his mom that Carter Jake was at the zoo and she insisted to him that Carter Jake was at home with his mommy and daddy.  She was so surprised to see us and see that Carter C was right!


Once we got to the Texas Wild area, the boys realized that the train was there and Carter was obsessed with riding it, so we skipped Texas Wild and bought tickets for the train.  Riley insisted on sitting in the "coal car"



After our train ride we took a quick walk through the MOLA where Riley and Carter both got to pet a snake.


By this point we were getting tired so we headed out, picked up chicken for lunch and went home to eat and take naps.  While the boys were napping, Nana and Papa stayed at home so I could run to the grocery store and then to Rebecca's 3D sonogram.  It was so fun to see sweet Wyatt's face in 3D.  I can't wait to hold him in person.

After I got home from the 3D sonogram, we went over to the Lovelady's for Carter's birthday sleepover.  I think Riley was more excited about the sleepover than Carter was!


I enjoyed dinner and cupcakes and helped them bathe the kids before I headed home for bed, I was so exhausted!

Sunday was just as busy!  We picked up the boys and came home and I got some laundry and straightening up done around the house before we had some lunch and then I took the boys to Nana & Papa's so I could head to Kate's to help set up for Rebecca's baby shower.  Bluebonnet Bakery did such a super job on the cake.  It looked exactly like the invitation!


Rebecca was showered with so many wonderful presents and the shower was truly wonderful!  After the shower I headed home to start dinner and Nana and Papa brought the  boys home.

Today we found out that Riley did not win the lottery for kindergarten.  While I am sad that he didn't get in, I am also relieved to know one way or the other.  It's been stressful not knowing.  Now we move on to Plan B and we'll keep you posted when we know where he will be attending.



No comments:

Post a Comment