Monday, April 2, 2012

Hunting Eggs With Horned Frogs

Post 2 of 2 in one night.  Don't think I've ever done that before!

On Friday I was happy to get off in time to have dinner with Chad and the boys because I worked again all day Saturday.  Saturday night the boys spent the night with Nana and Papa because Chad & I went to Taylor and Beau's wedding.  It was at the Victory Arts Center. I had never been there and the church was beautiful!  So simple and white and stunning.  It was a simple ceremony with some really neat and original readings read by the wedding party. 

On Sunday I had to go to work again, but only let myself work until noon and then decided I needed to save my sanity so I could work a full week this week.  I met Chad at home, we went and picked up the boys and then picked up Chad's friend Heather who was in town visiting and we all went to the TCU Easter Egg Hunt.  We've been going to this hunt every year since Riley was born and I love the tradition it's become.  We met up with the Tubre's and our 4 kids were in 3 different age groups at the hunt.  Cadence was in the 7-9 year old hunt, Riley was in the 4-6 year old hunt and Carter and Stella were in the 3 & under hunt, so we all split up.  I took Riley to his and Chad stayed with Carter.

I coached Riley a bit before the hunt started.  It lasts all of 2 minutes so I told him to ignore the eggs at the edge and head to the center where more eggs were!


Riley was super excited about hunting (but it was HOT!)  He looked pretty cute too!

Riley saw a toy camera from the edge of the hunt and was obsessed with getting one.  He ended up with two and has been playing with them non-stop.

Meanwhile, Carter and Stella hunted with Chad and Elaine (Stella's mom)






All of the kids did great at the hunt and we sat down after to check out our eggs.

Notice that sweet Stella only has PINK eggs.  Sweetie would not pick up an egg unless it was PINK!



It got HOT in the sun so we moved to the shade to finish opening our eggs and then we got the kids to pose in front of a tree.  My favorite thing in this photo is that Carter and Cadence are holding hands! 



The Tubre's headed home to cool off and we roamed campus to visit Frog Fountain as is our usual tradition and then we found a frog bench for Riley to ride (another tradition).

Then we also headed home to cool off.  Carter fell asleep with an open egg in his hands, one side of a shell in each palm and he stayed asleep when we got home.  I also climbed onto the couch and took a nap.  I sure needed it after the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment