Friday, April 20, 2012

Monster Band-Aids

Last weekend was all about my co-workers.  On Friday, Chad & I met up with some of my co-workers to celebrate Brooks and Ali's engagement at La Familia.  It was nice for Chad to get to meet some of the people I work with everyday.

On Saturday, Chad & I went to Longview, TX for my co-worker, Susan's wedding.  It was one of the most beautiful weddings ever.  It was at her parent's ranch and the trees were all so tall, I felt like I was in another state.  The wedding was immaculately planned, great drinks, good food, fabulous band and a great night away with Chad.

We have REALLY been enjoying our new beautiful backyard.  Riley asked on Sunday night if we could eat in the backyard again and of course, I said yes!  Chad grilled chicken and corn on the cob and we also had green beens.  Carter was more interested in feeding his corn to the dogs.



Carter also wanted me to take his photo over and over and the he wanted to "see it."  He kept closing his eyes each time the camera flashed!



 I think Riley's real reason for wanting to eat outside was so he could do sparklers before we went in.  This photo was taken before he burned his arm on a sparkler.  Thank goodness we had super cute and large sized monster Band-Aids from Germany that Katharina sent the boys (Thank you Katharina!!!)



Our grass is looking really good in the backyard and I am really proud of it!

The rest of the week has been pretty uneventful.  Carter continues his obsession with trains, mostly The Polar Express and he continues to hum the song that plays during the credits (Believe by Josh Groban).  It is absolutely adorable.

Riley has been very obsessed with animals, especially horses and unicorns.  Ever since we saw Baby Wyatt, Riley has been covering himself up with a blanket at home and telling me that he is a baby unicorn who is about to come out of his mommy's tummy and then he "births" himself out of the blanket.  We've also been watching a lot of Frozen Planet on the Discovery Channel and so I credit this "birthing" obsession to both his Aunt Rebecca having a baby and watching that show.

On Tuesday night we went to a Jake Remembered cocktail event at GRACE and it was a lot of fun to visit with everyone.  There was a photographer from DFWNL.com and Chad and I made their website the next day.


After the cocktail party Chad & I had a KWC Cookin' wrap up meeting so Nana put the boys to bed for us.

The next night the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha so Chad & I had an awesome low-key night at home eating chinese take-out and watching TV.

Today I got news that the boys class photos were available to view.  They are so cute and creative and here are the two I purchased:

Carter's Class:  Carter is front row, bottom left.

Riley's Class:  Riley is bottom left between the two girls holding hands

No comments:

Post a Comment