Monday, April 2, 2012

Fun at the Lake

I am sooo behind on posts!  My office has just moved into our temporary location and since I am on the Move Committee, I worked A LOT of overtime the last week while we moved.  I am exhausted and really glad that the process is mostly over.  Today was our first day in our new office and while there are still things to be finished up, it is shaping up well.

Therefore, check out two posts today because I've got to get caught up.

A few weeks ago Tami texted me a photo that she found of me and my PapaWayne from when I was a baby!  I love it!  I see Carter in my sweet baby face!!


Last weekend, before the move really got going, we went to Macey Jane's 2nd birthday Mickey Mouse party.  There was a bounce house in the backyard!

The boys bounced themselves silly and then we ate hot dogs for lunch and Carter demolished his cupcake (Riley didn't even have a cupcake!)

Sweet Liz and Zachary shared a chair (and are pratically the same size!!)

After Macey's party Chad took Riley to Mason and Cory's Farm Party and after a quick early work move emergency, I took Carter home for a nap.  Nana came and hung out at the house with him so I could run to the store since we had a busy day still to go.

That evening we went to the McMullin House for dinner and a Jake Remembered Board Meeting.   Riley immediately bonded with Tristan and they had so much fun playing together.  Tristan took both Carter and then Riley out on his toy Jeep and they had a blast!  I think Tristan eventually got tired of driving them around.

Carter sat so polite with his hands in his lap! 
I think he was concerned that there wasn't a seatbelt!


During our board meeting Chad & Riley got to go out on the lake for a boat ride.  Riley was in heaven!  He had so much fun at the McMullin's that he wanted to know when he could go back!  It was pretty sweet to watch Tristan and Riley play because Riley is Jake's nephew and Tristan is Jake's best friend, Kevin's nephew and I know Jake would have gotten a kick out of watching the two boys play together.



We spent Sunday at home and pulled weeds in the backyard almost all day!  My legs hurt so bad, but I knew we needed to finish!  I pushed through and was thrilled when it was time to come in and shower so I could go to Taylor's bridal shower.  I'm just happy that no more caterpillars scared me and that the backyard is now ready to be tilled and have the sod laid next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment