This week started off with quite the milestone.....we registered Riley for kindergarten!!! He was so excited to go to Lily B Tuesday morning and get registered. Once we got there he was worried he would be getting a shot. I think the fact that we had to turn in his shot records made him think that he was at a doctor's office also. He also wanted to know if he got to stay at Lily B all day and was sad to find out we were only there about 10 minutes. I feel good that Riley is going to the school he is supposed to. Grandmommy went with us to register and ran into about 4 people that she knew while we were there! It made me feel like we were "home." Riley really wants to know which class is his and who his teacher will be so I can't wait to find out that information. And he will be going to Lily B with 2 other kids from his TLCC class so a piece of our old home will be there too, which makes me happy.
I bought Riley his swimsuit for the summer this week. His favorite color is green and when I saw this green swimsuit with stars on it, I knew he had to have it. Riley is right in between a 4T and a 5T in size so I went ahead and got a 5T. It was a little big, but there was no way he was going to let me return it! He wore it in the bath Wednesday night to make sure that I could not return it if I wanted to.
On Friday my friend Kelly from work brought me a pair of boots that she got from someone. She has two girls and they looked like boys' boots so she gave them to me for Riley. He was growing out of his green boots so he was really excited to get "new" boots. They seemed a little narrow, but he was determined that they felt fine, so he's been wearing them all weekend.
The boots came at a perfect time because we had a cowboy party to attend yesterday, Ethan's 5th birthday party. The boys had a blast riding big horses around an arena, decorating horseshoes, playing with ropes and eating hot dogs, chips and cake. It was fun watching Carter follow Riley around. He loves his big brother so much!
After the party yesterday we took the boys to Nana & Papa's. Riley had been dying to spend the night with them so we set a date a couple of weeks ago. While the boys were there I was able to get out on the river to row for the first time this Spring and it felt so good! I rowed a quad and after the row the instuctor that went out with us told us that he would help us get a crew together if we would be up to training to row a marathon regatta (26 miles) in November. It seems like it would be a lot of work, but I am up for the challenge. He also told me that he would recommend that I row in the bow position in the crew boat (the position that makes all the calls and steers) because he said I "had the most sense." What a high compliment. It made me feel pretty good!
After rowing Chad & I went on a double date to Joe T's for dinner with Billy and Marisa. We had such a great time visiting with them. It was such a blast to spend Cinco de Mayo with friends.
Yesterday the boys spent the afternoon swimming at Nana and Papa's.
Today after buying fishing licenses for my upcoming fishing trip with my Dad, Riley convinced me to buy a pool exactly like the one above (except green) for our house. It's gonna be a fun summer in our new backyard!
Today Blake, Rebecca and Wyatt came over for lunch. I had such a great time visiting with them and of course a fabulous time holding my sweet nephew! He is soooo cute!








No comments:
Post a Comment