This week was so busy! Chad was working full blast on the opera festival so the boys and I were on our own most of the week. On Tuesday night Riley had tball practice. It was my first practice to attend and here is Riley at bat. He did eventually hit both coach pitched balls, but it took some time. Papa played pitcher. After practice we went to Jason's Deli with the Lovelady's for dinner and so the boys got in bed late.
On Wednesday the boys spent the night with Grandmommy and Haha and they got to ride the Forest Park Mini Train for the first time this season.
They waited at the front of the train platform so they could sit closest to the engine (HOT!)
When they got home Carter was almost asleep on his feet (I guess going to bed late the night before caught up with him!), so Grandmommy gave him a backrub. She said he didn't even move he loved it so much!! I just tried to put his pajamas on him and he didn't want them so I put just his diaper on him and asked if he wanted a backrub. He said yes and didn't move an inch while his back was rubbed!
On Thursday night Riley had a tball game and so Carter went home with Zachary and the Lovelady's nanny so Papa could take Riley to the game. Chad & I went to watch the dress rehearsal of his opera The Marriage of Figaro. It was really funny and I quite enjoyed it! Papa picked up Carter after the game and with Nana's help got the boys fed and in bed before Chad & I got home.
Friday was a busy day at work getting my bosses out the door and ready for a big conference in Las Vegas that starts tomorrow. I was also getting prepped to go out of town for the weekend with my Dad. My Dad and I don't get to spend time together just the two of us, so I thought up a fishing trip and found some cabins for rent on Lake Texoma. We headed out Friday evening. Here is the view from the porch of our cabin.
I had planned out all the meals for the weekend so after we ate dinner, we strolled the grounds. Here's a view from the dock headed out to the general store.
On Saturday morning we got up and after breakfast were fishing off the boathouse dock by 10am. Here's a view from our fishing perch.
About an hour into it I caught the first fish, a little sunfish that Dad made me throw back.
About 20 minutes later I caught a catfish, but he was also too small so we threw him back too.
I must pause to mention that I caught both of these fish with my Mickey Mouse fishing pole from when I was a kid!!
While Dad & I were fishing Riley, Chad, Nana & Carter were at Riley's tball game. Chad sent me this drawing that Riley did on the field, which Riley told me was an "exit parning with PSG's." I have no idea what that is...
After Dad and I fished for a couple of hours, I started to catch turtles. Yes, turtles. After I caught 3 turtles in a row, we decided to stop fishing and go back to the cabin for lunch. I made us lunch and then I took a nap while Dad watched TV.
After I woke up from my nap, we went back to the dock for more fishing. The lady who was working the general store told us to go farther into the boat bays for deeper water and she also told me that if we caught another sunfish we chould cut it up for bait and that the bigger catfish would like that. First, however, Dad caught his first (and only) fish of the day! It was a small catfish that we had to throw back.
About 10 minutes later I caught another small sunfish so Dad cut it up for bait.
I don't know what the lady in the general store was talking about, but those fish did not like the sunfish bait. I got a bite on mine, but guess what...another turtle!
So final count was Dad - 1 catfish; Sarah - 2 sunfish, 1 catfish, and 4 turtles. We decided that the next time we go fishing, we'll get a guide to take us out. Plus then they will clean the fish for us!
We had a great time at the lake and I hope we've started a new dad/daughter tradition and can do this together for many years to come.
We drove home this morning and this afternoon I took Riley to The WARM Place for the Volunteer Appreciation Lunch. Riley is always so curious when I go to the WARM Place every other Thursday and so when I found out I could take 1 guest to the lunch, I knew it should be him. He was very shy at first, but slowly came around and by the end he was having a blast. His favorite part was when we went outside after we ate and he got to play with this little wishing well.
And then he also had a blast playing in the meditation fountain!
It was really nice to be able to show him where I go every other week. Next year I'll take Chad and the year after that I'll take Carter so that they can all see where I go every other week.



















No comments:
Post a Comment